Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 No sound (PC, Steam)

I have a very weird problem, that I have no idea how to fix. The problem is there is no sound at all.

I know for fact that the game had worked with sound, as the last time I had played it that I can remember was back in early October 2019. I saidly cant remember what version the game was back then, but now today when I tried. No sound. I tried to turn the overlay off for Steam, no luck. I tried in both d12 and d11, still nothing. It isnt muted on Windows, as I checked that. I had updated my audio drivers, well what Windows says they are. And I have sound off the game, like playing music from YouTube, or playing an other game, where it have sound. Even Dirt Rally.

The wierd thing is, if I in the game change the audio output to be throw my screen's speakers, then the game have sound. My headset is Razor Kraken, where I using the jackstick. I know one other game with no sound, which I had reported to the makers of that game. I hope someone would be able to help me to fix this, as it is driving me abit crazy that I arent able to figure out what there is wrong, or where the problem started from

Sorry to hear about your issue, but first of all, we need a good technical report. See below what we expect:

And next thing we need or what might be helpful is a DXdiag file. Most of the time we can help you out. How to get the DXdiag file is shown below:

So post what we need and we will try to fix this.

1 hour ago, 1512marcel said:

Sorry to hear about your issue, but first of all, we need a good technical report. See below what we expect:

And next thing we need or what might be helpful is a DXdiag file. Most of the time we can help you out. How to get the DXdiag file is shown below:

So post what we need and we will try to fix this.

I will send one as best I can:

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

No sound when starting the game. It is like it is muted. I sadly dont have any error codes as it really doesnt crashing. I mean I can see play the game, but the sound isnt there. I know it used to be from the last time ish that I play. I know the last time I played for sure was in early October 2019, but I have a saved reply from a game I did from around January 2020

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

This time. 1.22, when I played before where there was sound. I sadily dont know. I hope the date I gave can help you to know what version the game was in at that time

3.       Game-mode?

Any. It is the whole game. As soon the intro starts, to the menu, the reply and time attack that I tried. I bet it would be in career or in Grand Prix too.

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

I dont think I can. I had tried today/yesterday when I wanted to play where I noticed it didnt had sound. I dont know how the sound disappered in the first place

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

First time for me., beside one other game that isnt from Codemasters, which I found few days ago.

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

Yes. I tried to update the drivers, which didnt work. I tried to change it to 16-bit which didnt work. I tried both in direct 12 and 11, with no change. Again like it is muted. I also tried the sound issue one that the link is to here

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

I using a steering wheel. I cant remember the name of it saidly, but an old model of Logitech Driving Force ones. (One that was with Gran Turismo game that I could buy to Playstation 3. Hopefully you might know it.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

I dont have any videoes of it, as I dont think screenshots will help. If needed, I can try to get a video of it. I can try to install and start up F1 2011 to check if that has sound. I know Dirt Rally has sound

Here is the DXdiag file: DxDiag.txt

UEFI BIOS 2.9 (B360 Gaming Pro Carbon - detected by BIOS date MS-7B16 also board ID for Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon).

DDU GPU drivers and revert to 442.74

Audio drivers* - caveat is to update Nahimic 3 in Microsoft Store after installing.

After you do all this, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching the game.

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

UEFI BIOS 2.9 (B360 Gaming Pro Carbon - detected by BIOS date MS-7B16 also board ID for Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon).

DDU GPU drivers and revert to 442.74

Audio drivers* - caveat is to update Nahimic 3 in Microsoft Store after installing.

After you do all this, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching the game.

Where do I need to put the file for the BIOS?

1 minute ago, Danspy501st said:

Where do I need to put the file for the BIOS?

Unzip and copy to a FAT32 USB, read the manual if you are not sure.

I got it solved now with help of a friend. It was the settings on my PC. Thanks for the help anyway, and for what I need to look for

• Thanks 1