Jump to content

Manager mode  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would be interested in a manager mode for the F1 series (somewhat like Motorsport manager for pc but with much better physics and graphics).

    • Yes Manager mode would be great
    • No This type of mode isn't worth adding to the game
    • I'm neither for or against it.


Recommended Posts

I'm not that great of a driver however if this series had a manager mode built similar to the "Motorsport Manager" game on pc I would definitely buy it. It would be great to have a mode that allows you to navigate the game from a management prospective while still being able to enjoy the graphics watching the races and giving team orders. hiring drivers and other team members while dealing with financial decisions as well as practice, qualifying and race day decisions would really open the replay value of this game and it would open the game up to the "management" gamer types (which has a huge following)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Things I hope to see in the My Team:

I don't want to be forced to drive the car myself; and if sim is an option I hope the sim software is fair to the player; unlike where if you sim in career mode the result doesn't match what you could have done and teams are out of place.

Ability to manage the race "from pit lane" instead of simply sim'ing the sessions. Because as I said, I feel like I want to treat this like a true manager game and not be driving my own car.

Ability, if you do decide to drive, to retire and hire a 2nd driver and be managing both drivers races. (Even if sessions are only sim-able and not manageable I'd like to see the ability to retire and run 2 drivers)

It would be fantastic if the My Team could be linked to the standard career mode in the sense of car development progression and driver transfers.  (Player choosing to import from a career mode save or new career with standard 2020 teams and performance)

I want those things because how I would really like to play this game is to be a Prost or Stewart career simulator.  I'd like to drive in F1 independently with other teams and then when I retire as a driver I can jump straight into my team and build the new team on the grid. Being able to do so with the data of my career mode save being brought over, so it organically feels like I retired and became a team principal for a new team in that same universe would make this game incredibly next level.  Allow the option for me chose if I want to drive a year or 2 for my own team before retiring as a driver, or allow me jump straight into it as a retired driver and hire 2 drivers.

I know this could be a good bit of work knowing that not a lot of people necessarily want to play it this way (play one mode, and then import data to continue game play in another mode); but I feel if this option were there a good number of people would be into it.  We've heard a lot of this passively as the game gets stale after a few seasons of career or the end of season 10 is unsatisfactory; but packaging it this way would really allow you do a lot more in the game (and stay fresh) without discarding all the work you have already put into the game.

Edited by brsteg
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, BarryBL said:

So @senrabnairbj7, you were looking for a Manager mode....... ūüėõ¬†

yep pretty much but not one of those manager modes that dont let u see the action. i still wanna see it as if im watching it on tv

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, brsteg said:

Things I hope to see in the My Team:

I don't want to be forced to drive the car myself; and if sim is an option I hope the sim software is fair to the player; unlike where if you sim in career mode the result doesn't match what you could have done and teams are out of place.

Ability to manage the race "from pit lane" instead of simply sim'ing the sessions. Because as I said, I feel like I want to treat this like a true manager game and not be driving my own car.

Ability, if you do decide to drive, to retire and hire a 2nd driver and be managing both drivers races. (Even if sessions are only sim-able and not manageable I'd like to see the ability to retire and run 2 drivers)

It would be fantastic if the My Team could be linked to the standard career mode in the sense of car development progression and driver transfers.  (Player choosing to import from a career mode save or new career with standard 2020 teams and performance)

I want those things because how I would really like to play this game is to be a Prost or Stewart career simulator.  I'd like to drive in F1 independently with other teams and then when I retire as a driver I can jump straight into my team and build the new team on the grid. Being able to do so with the data of my career mode save being brought over, so it organically feels like I retired and became a team principal for a new team in that same universe would make this game incredibly next level.  Allow the option for me chose if I want to drive a year or 2 for my own team before retiring as a driver, or allow me jump straight into it as a retired driver and hire 2 drivers.

I know this could be a good bit of work knowing that not a lot of people necessarily want to play it this way (play one mode, and then import data to continue game play in another mode); but I feel if this option were there a good number of people would be into it.  We've heard a lot of this passively as the game gets stale after a few seasons of career or the end of season 10 is unsatisfactory; but packaging it this way would really allow you do a lot more in the game (and stay fresh) without discarding all the work you have already put into the game.

this is exactly the realism i was talking about. see I knew i wasn't the only one who was interested in this style of game dynamics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great to have the option that we aren‚Äôt forced¬†to be a driver but can hire a 2nd driver and just watch the sessions from a spectator point of view and maybe manage the drivers‚Äė race strategies.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might actually try an idea like this. If you don't have to drive, you could have a career as a team principal. I might actually use career mode for a change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Frontier just having obtained an exclusive license for F1 management games, it strikes me as a bit unlikely that the CM games will the comprehensive kind of management that people are hoping for/wanting. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think we should be getting our hopes up here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tway said:

With Frontier just having obtained an exclusive license for F1 management games, it strikes me as a bit unlikely that the CM games will the comprehensive kind of management that people are hoping for/wanting. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think we should be getting our hopes up here.

I feel it is incredibly likely that the races themselves will not be manageable as a 3rd party.  Judging off releases, and that's why they want to make you the driver.  I hope to be wrong as well.

But what I really hope, in the least, is that they will make all sessions sim'able and have the sim'ing of races be fair to the player's character/team, which isn't true in past titles.  I don't think it'd be too much to ask to put in that you can hire 1 driver and drive yourself or just hire 2 drivers at any time and sim races.

Asking to be able to import data from a "standard career" is a big ask I know, but it would put the game over the top being able to link modes in this way to continue game play.

Last note for now, I fully hope driver transfers are a thing in My Team, because there would be a lot of fun to be had in bidding on drivers to come to your team vs. others and watching the grid change in this way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brsteg said:

Last note for now, I fully hope driver transfers are a thing in My Team, because there would be a lot of fun to be had in bidding on drivers to come to your team vs. others and watching the grid change in this way.

Totally agree.  Steal Seb and Max and try to manage that duo!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 9:29 AM, Tway said:

With Frontier just having obtained an exclusive license for F1 management games, it strikes me as a bit unlikely that the CM games will the comprehensive kind of management that people are hoping for/wanting. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think we should be getting our hopes up here.

Yeah I was told the same thing recently. I just hope they do a great job with the management style gameplay with realism and hopefully add some good graphics as well. I'm sure the graphics wont come close to the F1 series titles but at least dont make it cartoonish. some decent car and track models at least at 1080p and a decent physics engine will do. they could use a GTA4 engine and I'd be happy lmao. I just dont want a sim game that looks like it was made as apart of Pixars Cars movies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 10:10 AM, brsteg said:

I feel it is incredibly likely that the races themselves will not be manageable as a 3rd party.  Judging off releases, and that's why they want to make you the driver.  I hope to be wrong as well.

But what I really hope, in the least, is that they will make all sessions sim'able and have the sim'ing of races be fair to the player's character/team, which isn't true in past titles.  I don't think it'd be too much to ask to put in that you can hire 1 driver and drive yourself or just hire 2 drivers at any time and sim races.

Asking to be able to import data from a "standard career" is a big ask I know, but it would put the game over the top being able to link modes in this way to continue game play.

Last note for now, I fully hope driver transfers are a thing in My Team, because there would be a lot of fun to be had in bidding on drivers to come to your team vs. others and watching the grid change in this way.

I do agree the unpredictability of where drivers will be each season will definitely make the game more exciting to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Codies would really have to revamp the ai considerably to stop it being incredibly dull and predictable. You'd have to believe the drivers had real world characteristics not just a speed boost for the greats.

Edited by sloppysmusic
Tippo! ūüėé
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Codies would really have to revamp the ai considerably to stop it being incredibly dull and predictable. You'd have to believe the drivers had real world characteristics not just a speed boost for the greats.

that is how motorsport manager was done. every character has an insane amount of possible traits that can determine how they perform and their attitudes. some are temporary and some can be permanent 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×