Sign in to follow this  

How many cars can I have in garage (Career)

Hello,

A couple days ago I have bought the version of Dirt Rally 2.0, Super Deluxe I believe. 58 DLC in total.

Not really a fan of the credit system... in career but...

My question is: how many cars (max number) can I have in the garage in career mode, as a default I have 27 cars in my garage when I entered the game, but I miss a lot of cars in the garage needed to complete daily, weekly bonus (I am able only to do half of them more or less) in order to get some credits...  And I am able to buy them, but I would like to know max number that I can have of those cars in my garage.

Thank you

AFAIK, you can have as many as you can afford, until you collect them all.  And you usually start out with BUCKETS of credits with the all-inclusive versions of the game being released now.,

HOWEVER, don't go blowing all your cash on filling up your garage.  You have more important things to buy first.  Like training your team.  Also be aware that except for the H1 Lancia Fulvia and the RX S1600 Opel Corsa, none of the cars you start out owning, or buy later, can be tuned until you spend a fair chunk of change on the upgrade that allows this.  And you'll also want to upgrade their components to reduce wear.  And also, all the other cars except the Fulvia and Corsa cost money to repair, and you can't upgrade their engines until you've driven them a fair amount.

So, I would recommend being slow on buying cars you don't already own.  Just get one every few days to a week or so, in a class you're particularly interested in and need for a daily, then upgrade it to allow tuning, have better parts, etc.  Meanwhile, focus on training your team and upgrading cars you already own.  You can usually do at least 1, maybe 3 dailies per day with the cars you start with, and just completing them in last place will, after a couple days, bring in enough credits to buy another car or upgrade one you already have.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your answer, already bought a VW Polo S1600 for rx a couple of hours ago. Will not buy any car soon. Money is tight, I am at less than 2 millions again.

Maybe you can help me with some other questions if you do not mind, 

1st, cars in the garage can have the upgrades in engine, but the question is, the cars in free practice "are not as powerful as a fully upgraded car"? In order to get the maximum of the car (speed/acceleration) I should buy it in career mode and install all the upgrades?

2nd this is hard to ask... how do I know if I should put soft/medium/hard tires? it is related with kms, terrain, style of driving, all the things combined? Obviously in all the day events I put softs, but in weekly challenges, when I have 3 stages without service.. How should I guide myself? I come from rfactor2, assetto corsa and the biggest downside of this game is that I can not monitor my tire pressure, nor I can change it... And I can not see exactly after completing events the degradation of my tires... (only in between some service checkpoints... but that is not enough to guide me in a right way and I am not able right now to properly know which compund of tires to choose when)

3rd If I have the car in career mode participating in rally, can I use it for daily/weekly event between 2 rallies or I should buy exactly other one to be able to do both things? I have my Audi Group B in Argentina Catamarca career mode, but there is an event of Group B in daily or weekly challenges, that is why I am asking.

Have a nice day

You can have every car in the game in garage. You can also have duplicates of the same car.

32 minutes ago, IgorPr said:

1st, cars in the garage can have the upgrades in engine, but the question is, the cars in free practice "are not as powerful as a fully upgraded car"? In order to get the maximum of the car (speed/acceleration) I should buy it in career mode and install all the upgrades?

The engine upgrade system (and the reliability upgrades) are only for the My Team mode.
So My Team rally career, My Team RX career, dailies, weeklies and monthlies.

The game modes on the other tab (Time Trial, Custom Championship, Historical Championship and so on) are not affected by this and are already on full power.

For My Team: 1st) Buy a car in every class you wanna compete in. 2nd) Upgrade your crew. 3rd) Upgrade the engine for your favourite cars. 4th) Upgrade the reliability of your favourite cars.

43 minutes ago, IgorPr said:

2nd this is hard to ask... how do I know if I should put soft/medium/hard tires? it is related with kms, terrain, style of driving, all the things combined? Obviously in all the day events I put softs, but in weekly challenges, when I have 3 stages without service.. How should I guide myself? I come from rfactor2, assetto corsa and the biggest downside of this game is that I can not monitor my tire pressure, nor I can change it... And I can not see exactly after completing events the degradation of my tires... (only in between some service checkpoints... but that is not enough to guide me in a right way and I am not able right now to properly know which compund of tires to choose when)

Long stage = usually around 9-16 kms
Short stage = usually around 3-8 kms
(depends on the location)

(save for beginners)
soft tyre: 1 long + 1 short or 3 shorts max
medium tyre: 2 longs + 1 short or 5 shorts max
hard tyre: not necessary unless you create some custom championships with less service areas

(how I use)
soft tyre: 3 longs max or 5-6 shorts max (depends on location)
medium tyre: everything above 3 longs or 6 shorts
hard tyre: never really used it

If there is a wet stage in spain or germany = use always wet tyre (even if there are dry stages before or after).

56 minutes ago, IgorPr said:

3rd If I have the car in career mode participating in rally, can I use it for daily/weekly event between 2 rallies or I should buy exactly other one to be able to do both things? I have my Audi Group B in Argentina Catamarca career mode, but there is an event of Group B in daily or weekly challenges, that is why I am asking.

You can't use a car in a daily, weekly or monthly, if it is currently in a career championship.
You can buy dublicates, but I would suggest buying a different car in the same class and use that.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IgorPr said:

@UnderclassGDfan answered this better than I could.  You might also read a thread called "Tyre Strategy" that explains how the tire wear model is not as drastic as you might think.

I only use hard tires in the forum's DRC club because the format there is 3 longs, service, 3 longs, service, 1 short.  However, I'm a noob being cautious.  More experienced club members report getting along fine with mediums.

I'm leery of wet tires because their durability is the same as soft tires.  The club is currently in Spain and it's raining a lot.  Despite this, I used hards for all the long stages and only put wets on for the last, short stage.  I found the hard grip on wet pavement adequate as I wasn't going very fast anyway, being a noob 😉 

1 hour ago, IgorPr said:

Yeah, this confused me a lot, too.  All the things on the Events tab use cars from your garage.  Once you enter one of these events, that car is unavailable for other events until it completes the event it's in.  So, dailies have only 1 stage, so any car used in them are available again immediately.  Weeklies have multiple stages and monthlies have multiple events each of multiple stages, as do the career championships.  You can grind out a weekly in 1 sitting if you have the time and the servers are up, but the careers and monthlies will take you days to complete, and the cars you use for them are unavailable for the duration.

10 minutes ago, BayouRally said:

More experienced club members report getting along fine with mediums.

And the fastest members in the club use softs all the way.
Although it got very tricky in Australia I must say.

14 minutes ago, BayouRally said:

I'm leery of wet tires because their durability is the same as soft tires.  The club is currently in Spain and it's raining a lot.  Despite this, I used hards for all the long stages and only put wets on for the last, short stage.  I found the hard grip on wet pavement adequate as I wasn't going very fast anyway, being a noob 😉 

You will lose too much time on any dry tyre on wet surface.
When you get faster and touching more the limit of the car you will see, that a completely beaten wet tyre is faster than a new dry soft tyre on wet surface.
But never really tested the hard tyre, though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

to answer the OP, as far as I can tell it's unlimited. I have almost every car in the game, and duplicates of a few. around 80 in total. I'm sure there's people who have man more than that. 

7 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I have all 81 vehicles, no double

Me too, all 81. And accept 2 or 3, all are fully upgraded.
I could buy a few duplicates per car if I wanted to (have currently around 63 million credits), but why should I?
Just fills up the garage.

22 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Me too, all 81. And accept 2 or 3, all are fully upgraded.
I could buy a few duplicates per car if I wanted to (have currently around 63 million credits), but why should I?
Just fills up the garage.

63 million credits is very good I have 49 million
I once sold the Subaru C4 Rallye and buy it new because the game has increased the mileage from 150 to 800km .....

I still lack Motor Mapping 6 in the Ford Mustand and Porsche 911 GT and in many RX cars, but I don't like RX either

41 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

63 million credits is very good I have 49 million
I once sold the Subaru C4 Rallye and buy it new because the game has increased the mileage from 150 to 800km .....

Do you mean Citroen C4 Rallye?

Yeah, several of my cars have broken statistics, too.
If you do a monthly, the game registers +1 events started for every rally within the monthly, but only 1 events ended (no matter what) at the end.
Means, after a monthly you always get more events started as events ended. Looks then if you rarely couldn't finish an event...

40 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I still lack Motor Mapping 6 in the Ford Mustand and Porsche 911 GT and in many RX cars, but I don't like RX either

I forgot about the RX cars, most of them are untouched.
Don't play RX much.
And AI times are too broken, to be enjoyable.

• Agree 1

I meant the Subaru Rally S4

At the RX Events, the Ki rams you off the ideal line.

Fair driving is not possible

Well, I want to thank you all for your advice. You were all very kind trying to help me.

Due to this credit system I do have a huge problem in the economy of the game in career mode... I just can not keep up with the pace, and keep losing credits. Now at 1.5 millions. I am no longer buying cars, but the upgrades on the ones I have are killing me (+ repairs)... maybe I should stop doing dailies and weeklies with the cars with medium/high repair costs... Last two days I focused in dailies instead of career and it just drains the credits out... (I did it because I have read that dailies could give "free credits", and than again.. maybe I am focusing wrong trying to get into category one and upgrading cars, and I should just chill and drive cleanly, no damage at all and get category 3-4)

Question about dailies, just getting barely into the category one gives the same amount of credits than doing top 100? What are the best strategies in career mode to earn credits quickly/easily?

or maybe I should focus completing rally or rx career ... do they give a lot of money at master level? I am elite in rx, but struggling just a little bit because of using the corsa due to having free repairs... But even the corsa with free repairs does not net me a lot of credits in rx. It gave me 250.000 for the championship at pro and 50.000 for every event... and for completing every event I have to spend 30 minutes if not more...

in rally I have stopped using the Audi Group B in club level career mode because it is pit dragging money (will wait for better times to retake, I am the middle of the championship), the engine at high tier usually asks me to change it after 1 rally... and gearbox and other parts are not forgiving neither with the costs. Should I always do the fast repair? or keep changing complete parts when asked and normal repair in order to increase durability?

Thanks again for your help

12 minutes ago, IgorPr said:

What are the best strategies in career mode to earn credits quickly/easily?

Daily AI Challenges

Weekly AI Challenges

Career Rallycross

Those all give instant rewards and are relatively quick to complete (around 30 minutes).

Also, use cars with Free Repairs, like the Lancia Fulvia and the Opel Corsa, so that you're not spending anything.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, IgorPr said:

Well, I want to thank you all for your advice. You were all very kind trying to help me.

Due to this credit system I do have a huge problem in the economy of the game in career mode... I just can not keep up with the pace, and keep losing credits. Now at 1.5 millions. I am no longer buying cars, but the upgrades on the ones I have are killing me (+ repairs)... maybe I should stop doing dailies and weeklies with the cars with medium/high repair costs... Last two days I focused in dailies instead of career and it just drains the credits out... (I did it because I have read that dailies could give "free credits", and than again.. maybe I am focusing wrong trying to get into category one and upgrading cars, and I should just chill and drive cleanly, no damage at all and get category 3-4)

Question about dailies, just getting barely into the category one gives the same amount of credits than doing top 100? What are the best strategies in career mode to earn credits quickly/easily?

or maybe I should focus completing rally or rx career ... do they give a lot of money at master level? I am elite in rx, but struggling just a little bit because of using the corsa due to having free repairs... But even the corsa with free repairs does not net me a lot of credits in rx. It gave me 250.000 for the championship at pro and 50.000 for every event... and for completing every event I have to spend 30 minutes if not more...

in rally I have stopped using the Audi Group B in club level career mode because it is pit dragging money (will wait for better times to retake, I am the middle of the championship), the engine at high tier usually asks me to change it after 1 rally... and gearbox and other parts are not forgiving neither with the costs. Should I always do the fast repair? or keep changing complete parts when asked and normal repair in order to increase durability?

Thanks again for your help

Only with daily event if you drive all you can get at least 100,000 credits per day!
How much you earn depends of course on how good you are or in which profit class you end up.
On the day the monthly payments were made, I received 2 million credits including weekly and daily
n order to drive into the winning zone, I advise you to level your mechanics and the crew boss to Max because this will reduce the repair costs
In addition to driving the weekly and monthly AI events because the credits are paid out there immediately.

And every day to drive the Daily Events

And if possible buy only one car from each vehicle class as long as you have so few credits
You could also drive the BMW M2 in your career because repairs are free on this car
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 2:40 PM, gleylancer571 said:

You could also drive the BMW M2 in your career because repairs are free on this car

Not so much for a recent owner of the game that didn't get the M2 awarded on its event last year, this is important because repairs on R-GT can turn very expensive. For all other late comers (myself included) it's just a regular car you must buy and pay for repairs, not a My Team one like the Fulvia or RX Corsa 1600cc.

Edited by AlleyViper

On 4/12/2020 at 2:40 PM, gleylancer571 said:

Only if you earned the "free repair version" through the World Series Qualifiers last year.

New players won't have access to this, only the standard version.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2020 at 3:09 PM, PJTierney said:

Daily AI Challenges

Weekly AI Challenges

Career Rallycross

Those all give instant rewards and are relatively quick to complete (around 30 minutes).

Also, use cars with Free Repairs, like the Lancia Fulvia and the Opel Corsa, so that you're not spending anything.

I will try daily and weekly AI (+ events that gives more credits in daily), now in career elite rx I struggle a little bit with the corsa.. i get the wins... but I have to use all 5 restarts usually per event (plus practice in time trial 20' before every event to dial the setup a little bit) ... I have to just finish abu dhabi and will be in master... but it is time consuming right now.... i spend almost 1 hour per event or even more to get the win... and have to sweat a lot...

thinking to change to VW Polo maybe when in master to earn the credits... because with the corsa I will definetily will not be able to win races in master

in career mode I already have a lot of problems in club with audi from group B, will change to Fulvia or something else when I reach pro (if I reach... with my 8th place in Argentina, and one 2x place for not restarting in another event and only Wales remaining)... it just eats credits, will wait for better times or buy the delta s4 that in time trial I appear to be a couple of seconds faster

in career mode, which categories/cars are the easiest to win in master? or should I stick with Fulvia/Corsa? 

After winning master, will I have the possibility to run again and again that championship in order to earn credits?

Thank you guys, very kind of you...

Will check those video guides to see then if I can become a better driver (in this game), at least in rallies I have a lot to learn from what I see

PD: I have learned the hard way that the repairs of the bmw costs credits (just as you wrote that gleylancer571,, I bought the m2.. hahaha)... I was hoping to change to audi quattro to bmw m2 in career mode, but will not happen probably unless you tell me that is the easiest car to win championships... it is another credit pit

bmw m2.jpg

@IgorPr

I only advised the BMW because the repairs to my car are free of charge and I did not know that this is not the case for everyone.
And besides, you could have seen beforehand that the repairs to this car would cost you money.

So I would start with the H1 class: Fulvia,Mini or DS
Or H2 FWD Golf GTI and Peugeot 205 GTI
I get along best with the Fulvia and GOLF GTI

F2 Kitcar and R2 may also be interesting
Personally, I prefer to drive the Golf and Opel Adam

All other cars with rear-wheel drive : GT,H2,H3,Group B I would not recommend at first.

If you really want to drive H2 RWD
I get along best with the Renault Alpine 110 and Fiat 131
All 4WD cars I would not recommend in the beginning, because these cars accelerate very, very fast and you have to get used to it.

My advice : Try the cars in freeplay and see if you drive best with or without driving aids.

With Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 I had the driving aids on minimum with Dirt Rally 2.0 all on Max

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

It is just a game, not a problem.... 320.000 credits spent (or whatever it costs the bmw), but I like it more than the Porsche that I have in r-Gt... and I am seriously using it in all the events of r-gt

It is a shame that the repairs cost credits, so I am not using it in rally career, Fulvia instead there right now....

Now there is a weekly AI challenge Group B... I have my completely upgraded Audi Group B available but I am seriously thinking of buying Lancia Delta S4... I have already driven the audi quattro against  daily challenge from today with AI in new england and the destroyed me... 8th

there are 9 stages in Australia, I am just not going to win that rally with my actual skills in an Audi right now I believe. I have tried the lancia in time trial and it is quite managable driving, more forgiving than the audi, it takes better max height regarding handling (that I use in Australia). which level/difficulty of IA I will be facing in than challenge?

Is it Lancia - the fastest car from Group B 4wd in this game? (overall, or at least in Australia) is it the easiest to drive from group B 4wd, or the mg metro falls in that category better?

every driver has his favourite cars or which he can drive best
I prefer the Audi and Lancia Delta S4