Lando Norris and Max Verstappen ceremoniously uninstall Codemasters F1 2019

1 hour ago, AdamFreeman said:

I definetly want to get into some more serious sims just bee going around the nurburing in the 2019 RSs v6 (f3 car mod) on AC and F1 games have taught me a dirty habit on down shifts whereas doing the same thing on AC on some cars brings up the engine protection and I cant just launch cars into corner as per F1 so I was looking at joining the AOR AC f3 league but the top time trial there is 1.44 something and my best is some 6 seconds off. 

Having the track display has also made me think I have not really learned tracks fully as I am partially using the track map to help. Little things really I do like tbe F1 career it what I would miss if I didnt play but my game time is limited so cant keep this swapping betweem games business 😕

Well explained mate. There is definitely a 'hole' between casual racing and serious racing. Don't let it put you off though. Anyone who is physically fit and normal brain can pick up the extra skills with practice. You'll find the lower, starter and of iracing probably right at your level. The people running leagues like the one you mentioned are most likely very used to the game and hard to beat. That's the main issue. Iracing has different cars and handling for sure. It's very addictive for sure as you chase to raise your license, skill and safety ratings. The main goal requires a change of mindset. You don't enter a race to win so much as to finish better than your current rank. This is very true to real life where you see groups of drivers fighting for positions all the way from 1st to last. Your current rank places you in a corresponding skill level. There are multiple races run at the same track same time for drivers of differing skills. Your car number is literally your rank in your group. If you finish higher than your car number then your rating increases along with your rank and vice versa. This means you are pretty well always racing against people of similar ability even if you're in a slump.

It's organized so well I enjoy just watching lower tier drivers on twitch try to improve their rank. All crashes penalize BOTH drivers equally as they don't apportion blame. This means someone who crashes deliberately and a lot will soon see their rank slip and SR.

It's almost always clean racing although of course when it gets intense tempers do flare over sometimes but that's way different to people slamming your car for fun! The higher up you get the cleaner it gets as people new to the race haven't learned yet how important being clean is or they just mess around as it's a trial for them.

• Agree 1

NOT spent that much time on AC overall but you really have to learn the car and track lol what i will say about f1 though is I have always hated monaco on pad and its mmy first time driving it on f1 2019 with the wheel and its more enjoyable for sure. I did however also have a blast on PC2 in Formula Renault 3.5 yesterday and was superb around their version I feel like PC is a bridge between F1 and AC and I presume iracing is another step beyond that.                                  Might have look at the f1 AOR leagues aswell as they are much more popular but is it fair if people can use Tcam I do not know if they all use cockpit or not.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, mikyesposto95 said:

you have david greco (italian like me) who deals with handling, and i'm sure he would like the maximum of the simulation having driven different types of cars (like predators). To have a truthful judgment, however, it would be necessary to have the opinion of the drivers who are driving the current cars, because only they know how to drive the current cars. It is hoped that Codemasters will host the drivers or have them try out the beta to try to improve physics @BarryBL

If it hasn't been done i have to say it certainly wouldn't hurt to send a beta code to Lando, Charles, Albon, Russell.... and ask for their feedback.

This is a most unique time in the history of racing games and Codemasters should take advantage, it will be their loss if they don't.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, LChaves01 said:

If it hasn't been done i have to say it certainly wouldn't hurt to send a beta code to Lando, Charles, Albon, Russell.... and ask for their feedback.

This is a most unique time in the history of racing games and Codemasters should take advantage, it will be their loss if they don't.

This is a fair point. Even if you took the top 5 complaints from all of them it would be an improvement.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

And @BarryBL's wall of silence continues...

So much discussion and many valid points. And codemasters wonder why we're such a cynical bunch! 🤔

and the answer was here 🙂

• Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 9:36 AM, ChasteWand said:

Maybe not related to this thread/post but the handling, setup model, tyre model, ffb, game physics, sim vs arcade is quite a hot topic on the forum.

"Improving" is a subjective and imprecise answer. Perhaps you could elucidate. Even better, to shut the arguments down, you could detail exactly what the game does and does not simulate.

Many folk on the forum would appreciate some official communication on this matter.

10 hours ago, UP100 said:

and the answer was here 🙂

But that's not the answer I'm referring to or requesting. Like I said, the wait goes on...

Edit:

I would also say that BarryBL's answer was not really an answer to the original question posed, more a set of circumstances that played into codemasters favour. Rather fortune!

Edited by ChasteWand

30 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

But that's not the answer I'm referring to or requesting. Like I said, the wait goes on...

Edit:

I would also say that BarryBL's answer was not really an answer to the original question posed, more a set of circumstances that played into codemasters favour. Rather fortune!

I don't know if Barry has even seen that message as there are 131 (+this!) messages in this thread and you just tagged Barry without even specifying the message he should be taking a look at 🙂 (As you also said yourself that the comment is a bit off-topic)

Also general forum tips: You can either quote the comment, or use the share button which is on the top right of all replies.

image.png.533664f1a0acb7eab9700d841f23c6ff.png

They should also get embed correctly!

I'll put my thinking cap on and figure out if I could create something like an official thread about the handling stuff, so that we may stick to one... Though the sim vs arcade thread should do for now I suppose.

We are quite close to the beta anyways, so it won't be long till we have a chance to complain even more about it 😁

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I don't know if Barry has even seen that message as there are 131 (+this!) messages in this thread and you just tagged Barry without even specifying the message he should be taking a look at 🙂 (As you also said yourself that the comment is a bit off-topic)

Also general forum tips: You can either quote the comment, or use the share button which is on the top right of all replies.

image.png.533664f1a0acb7eab9700d841f23c6ff.png

They should also get embed correctly!

I'll put my thinking cap on and figure out if I could create something like an official thread about the handling stuff, so that we may stick to one... Though the sim vs arcade thread should do for now I suppose.

We are quite close to the beta anyways, so it won't be long till we have a chance to complain even more about it 😁

Thanks UDP100.

If you go back a page you will see I quoted BarryBL's answer to the thread and posed my own question to which the "still waiting" post was a response.  I wish I knew how to tag, I can only do it by copy/pasting someone else!

I agree the "sim vs arcade" thread is the place for this discussion, but I was trying to get an official response and seeing as BarryBL had mentioned the handling model, I pushed my point.

I know it's unlikely that codemasters are going to go down the simulation road for the F1 game, however if there is enough demand here on the forum for such a venture it may make them think...

I'm happy with the great sim choices we have already, but being a lifelong F1 fan, it would be great if codemasters f1 series got more serious with its physics model.

Edited by ChasteWand
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Edit:

"

Maybe not related to this thread/post but the handling, setup model, tyre model, ffb, game physics, sim vs arcade is quite a hot topic on the forum.

"Improving" is a subjective and imprecise answer. Perhaps you could elucidate. Even better, to shut the arguments down, you could detail exactly what the game does and does not simulate.

Many folk on the forum would appreciate some official communication on this matter."

Hi @ChasteWand,

I think a 'wall of silence' is rather a dramatic way to look at this in my opinion.

The issues I run into with your questions are in the bold quote above. As everything with 2020 at this moment in time, and for wide-ranged legal and announcement reasons, I cannot disclose legally anything outside of the official statements and media provided from Codemasters regarding the 2020 game.

To be honest, there is nothing more than that right now. Once information is made available for disclosure, I'll disclose it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @ChasteWand,

I think a 'wall of silence' is rather a dramatic way to look at this in my opinion.

The issues I run into with your questions are in the bold quote above. As everything with 2020 at this moment in time, and for wide-ranged legal and announcement reasons, I cannot disclose legally anything outside of the official statements and media provided from Codemasters regarding the 2020 game.

To be honest, there is nothing more than that right now. Once information is made available for disclosure, I'll disclose it. 

Thanks BarryBL, and again to UDP100 for bringing this to your attention.

I don't wish to get into a war of words with you, however I feel codemasters history of a lack of openness is also rather "dramatic". Besides hyperbole is used by both sides, be that advertising or criticism, in equal measure.

Your statement that "once information is made available for disclosure" does not inspire me to think that such information (on the handling model) will ever be be released, however I apologise in advance if my cynicism is misplaced. I do appreciate that you are doing your best to turn things around within the guidelines set by your employer. For that I am thankful.

Perhaps, given the veracity of the debate around the handling model, you could discuss the games handling model pre 20 and how it has evolved, that would be (potentially) outside the legal bindings of the 20 game. It would also have some relevance as they all (this console generation) undoubtedly share the same game engine.

As everyone can see from the sim vs arcade thread, it is a topic to which an official response would be interesting reading...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

UDP100

Oh my god I want that name 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

Oh my god I want that name 😁

Sorry mate, I think it's my tablet changing things without me noticing. Best go to specsavers!