The Solberg World Cup

On 4/20/2020 at 1:14 PM, PJTierney said:

Let's see how Sweden goes. 2 weeks to complete this one so take a break if you need to.

Hope servers works better at second week, no idea to start rally if servers hangs and you´ll ruin your game (DNF).

This is quite simply pathetic now.  The only chance I've had to play this week so I sit down to complete round 2 of the Solberg cup only to find that the servers are totally unusable again.  There just is no point carrying on any more with club events.  I'm absolutely furious that I cannot use what I've paid for.  No point loggin anything with support as they won't acknowledge Codemasters epic fail in all of this.  Believe me I've tried.  Not much point putting this up here either as they either don't care or the Racenet system is so fundamentally flawed that it's not possible to scale it up to fix it.

This is a cheap shot I know, but I'm just so frustrated and here's all fingers crossed for continuing progress and improvements of the 'other' rally game.

Posted (edited)

Is it so that you only get one shot on each rally and each stage? No chance of trying to improve your time as in Time Attack for each stage?

Edited by erfo02
Add

14 minutes ago, erfo02 said:

Is it so that you only get one shot on each rally and each stage? No chance of trying to improve your time as in Time Attack for each stage?

Correct. Clubs are one and done like a real rally.

20 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Correct. Clubs are one and done like a real rally.

Thanks. I was a bit surprised when I tried to improve my time and not allowed to. Used to competitions in Raceroom and there you have the period of the competition to improve the time in time attack but good to know before the next rally. I just bought the game and had more or less no practice before I entered the rally so I guess you do some practice before you enter the rallies

Are you allowed to do one stage and then wait until you do the next or do you need to do the full rally in one attempt?

I wouldn’t be confident that the points system will work.  I have raised this before.  

I have just been awarded Zero points for a rally win, in another Club 👍🏻

20 minutes ago, Viking63 said:

Thanks. I was a bit surprised when I tried to improve my time and not allowed to. Used to competitions in Raceroom and there you have the period of the competition to improve the time in time attack but good to know before the next rally. I just bought the game and had more or less no practice before I entered the rally so I guess you do some practice before you enter the rallies

Are you allowed to do one stage and then wait until you do the next or do you need to do the full rally in one attempt?

You can do one stage and then quit to the menu and practice in time trial if you want but that will be very time consuming.

• Like 1

Think if you find out the stages order, practice the stage, then go to the PSCup and do the stage; exit, then recce/practice the next stage and continue on. 

I know Solberg does all the stages in one hit. After a week of practicing the stages!

I'm looking to stream my Sweden run tonight. Unlike Oliver I go in blind. No setup or practice 😄 

It'll be on my Twitch around 7pm UK, link in signature.

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm looking to stream my Sweden run tonight. Unlike Oliver I go in blind. No setup or practice 😄 

See you there!

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

You should really set up the car! At least Higher Suspension! 😄

• Agree 1

I should but I've no intention of winning, just driving 🙂 

I tend to either go with stock or @2Technical's setup for the VW Polo, and make tweaks from there.

Currently in the Top 400 after Greece, not bad 🙂 

Was sitting inside Top 250 for most of it but a double puncture on the final set of Stages dropped me way down.

Also, may have rolled the car a few times:

Greece was a ton of fun. Had a puncture on a long stage and stupidly decided against fixing it. Other than that and Phil’s “boot cut” call that throws me off (off the cliff literally) twice in the rally it was intense fun. 

When I have a good clean stage and see some of the leader’s times and how much faster they are especially on Greece it’s shocking. I run default setup and don’t practice / memorize the stages before going but still these guys are scary good to be that fast.  

Currently am in 642nd or around about. 

https://youtu.be/8Jtsm5_X6Io

https://youtu.be/MjfR7lI8s_0

I thought Greece was epic!

loved the dusk stages.

I ran with NO spares and Softs on each stage. One puncture at the end of one stage, about 50m before the end. 

Notes called: L4 Up Hill or Crest, Jump into Finish. Got my puncture there trying to cut the jump.

Posted (edited)

There seems to be something very fishy with the results posted by @oliversolberg01 on twitter for the results in Greece where Oliver is listed in P10 for championship standings.

https://gyazo.com/673813ad930e6f5553063939e34c71f8

The club results are here:

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/253326/standings/current

https://gyazo.com/13db9dfd179395d21832f2c992bdecbc

Where I am listed in P10.  

And here:

https://gyazo.com/464c7cd4e3e87a7e48145f4208deaee7

Where Oliver is 67th

Oliver only scored 778 points in Greece, meaning he basically retired.  How can he still be in P10, he didn't win a single stage in Greece either?

Here are the stage wins in Greece this week 

Last week's standings are here:

Oliver was listed in 8th pos in the champ after Sweden, which matched the club:

https://gyazo.com/4c3985a4ac8fb4cec034100d87ebcb90

So where is Oliver getting the extra 57 spots and 2600 points to be ahead of me? (he is now 67th in the Club after Greece)

The Twitter post is clearly Fake News! (real fake news)

@PJTierney

Edited by bn880
pinging PJ
  • Confused 1

7e06543b-430c-4c22-8786-1b5e5d0dcae5.jpg

Solberg World Cup crosses the Pond after Greece takes its toll

• Close to 15,000 gamers start this week’s Solberg World Cup round four 
  • Greece lives up to its fearsome reputation for Oliver at Pirelli Rally Argolis
  • Lukáš Matěja wins wins Pirelli Rally Argolis 
  • OMP New England Rally is up and running now 

Oliver Solberg didn’t have far to look for advice. His father Petter knows just how hard the Greek roads can bite. Solberg Sr tackled Greece’s premier rally 12 times, finishing on the podium six times. 

At his last visit, driving a factory Ford Fiesta RS WRC in 2012, he came within an ace of winning the Acropolis Rally for a second time, only to be caught out by the tough, tricky and rocky roads.

He retired, but remained fourth, from 25 point scorers, in the championship. 

Oliver also retired after a technical problem with his steering wheel (genuinely, not virtually) left him powerless to keep his Monster Energy-backed Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 on the road. He retired, but remains 67th in the championship. Out of 14,887.

The popularity of the Solberg World Cup in association with DirtFish continues to grow and continues to exceed all expectations. It’s seeing the popularity among his fellow gamers that brings a smile to the 18-year-old’s face today. 

“Pirelli Rally Argolis was a tough one,” said Oliver. “I listened to my dad, he told me the stories about keeping the car in the middle of the road, but when your wheel is not exactly right it’s not so easy. Don’t forget guys, check your steering!”

Petter knows exactly what he means. Remember Greece 2002?

Petter: “The steering wheel came loose on my Subaru in 2002. I could feel the wheel coming loose and I was shouting to Phil [Mills, co-driver] to get the tool to tighten the wheel or it would come off in my hands. Driving with no steering is not easy!”

Oliver added: “We are 67th from nearly 15,000, that’s not so bad. Nearly 15,000! Can you believe that? It’s so cool to know people are coming with us on this rally and this journey and it’s so competitive. I want to say a big thank you to everybody who competed in Greece and a big thanks to Pirelli for the support. 

“Now we go to OMP New England Rally and I’m really looking forward to it. I did this event in the Subaru [WRX STI] last year. The roads are just fantastic, it’s going to be very fun and I hope all 15,000 of us have a good time in the stages. See you there!”

OMP Racing’s sales manager Bruno Curletto is delighted to partner with round four of the Solberg World Cup in association with DirtFish.

Bruno said: “Having been in partnership with the Solberg family for decades, we are extremely happy to add one more collaboration to this long story [by] tying our name to this event. It’s a difficult time for the racing world, but we feel that gathering all the racing people together, even if only virtually, is the right way to brilliantly fight adversities. The Solberg World Cup is a great idea!”