F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

The Solberg World Cup

Solberg_World_Cup_Steam_Spotlight.jpg

Read the Announcement

Get the Details

Join the Club

Solberg_World_Cup_Calendar.jpg

Note:

The Solberg World Cup is an event independently run by Oliver Solberg and DirtFish, using DiRT Rally 2.0. 

Codemasters accepts no liability arising from the running of the Solberg World Cup, or the delivery of any prizes won by participants in the competition. 

• Like 1

@PJTierney, it would be great if the organizers only use rain stages in combination with service areas. In this way, the driver can quit in case of metorite/acid rain on the stage, which I still experience from time to time on my PS4Pro (for instance in Scotland stage 08 in Expert DiRT). There should really be an option to quit between stages in Clubs and also My Team, so that the driving experience isn’t ruined by a stupid bug that makes i impossible to see through the white rain covering the screen.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kjell007 said:

@PJTierney, it would be great if the organizers only use rain stages in combination with service areas. In this way, the driver can quit in case of metorite/acid rain on the stage, which I still experience from time to time on my PS4Pro (for instance in Scotland stage 08 in Expert DiRT). There should really be an option to quit between stages in Clubs and also My Team, so that the driving experience isn’t ruined by a stupid bug that makes i impossible to see through the white rain covering the screen.

It's all up to Oliver really and what he wants to do; other than sharing updates and stuff I'm not really invovled at all 🙂 

For the record, The Solberg RACE was all on dry Stages.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It's all up to Oliver really and what he wants to do; other than sharing updates and stuff I'm not really invovled at all 🙂 

For the record, The Solberg RACE was all on dry Stages.

Yepp, I know, I took part in The Solberg Race. This time it is snow, so the problem with acid rain doesn’t appear in Monte Carlo. But the problem is present in Expert DiRT, and I’m sure you know the organizer of that one. 😉

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

Yepp, I know, I took part in The Solberg Race. This time it is snow, so the problem with acid rain doesn’t appear in Monte Carlo. But the problem is present in Expert DiRT, and I’m sure you know the organizer of that one. 😉

That organiser's a cool dude 😉 

As for the meteoric rain, from what I've seen it's not something that is reproducible 100% of the time, which makes it a tricky thing to fix.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

That organiser's a cool dude 😉 

As for the meteoric rain, from what I've seen it's not something that is reproducible 100% of the time, which makes it a tricky thing to fix.

I know, so that’s why I suggest to have the option to quit between all stages and not only from the service area. My experience is that if I can load the stage a second time, the game fix the problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Is this the reason that the official clubs are a month each now?

No.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Petter has joined 🙂 

Fantastic, you know! 

I retired after stage two of Monte Carlo... but I'll be back into it for Sweden! Quickly, would I be able to change cars? Rather the C3R5 than the Fiesta R5...

3 hours ago, MattJelonek said:

I retired after stage two of Monte Carlo... but I'll be back into it for Sweden! Quickly, would I be able to change cars? Rather the C3R5 than the Fiesta R5...

You can swap for each Round, but once you're in a car for a Stage you're locked in for that Round.

Basically, you can go to the C3 once you start Sweden, but once you drive it you won't be able to swap to another car until you're about to start Greece.

• Thanks 1

Currently the Corona crisis (and also my new home) causes i am busier than ever. But for both the Solberg World Cup and the Official DiRT Club I am planning to enter part-time. Both first rounds of both club i have planned. So this weekend I should be doing Monte 🙂

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Currently the Corona crisis (and also my new home) causes i am busier than ever. But for both the Solberg World Cup and the Official DiRT Club I am planning to enter part-time. Both first rounds of both club i have planned. So this weekend I should be doing Monte 🙂

Fortunately official club is on a longer cadence, so you're not cramming both in every week 🙂 

Just did my run at Monte Carlo: 

• Position: 656/11,000
  • Placement: Top 6%.

That seems pretty good considering this is an extremely competitive Club Championship.

No practice or Tuning Setup either 😉 

Felt more like a casual Sunday drive than a hardcore rally, though I really liked attacking the curves through the tarmac-only Stages 7/8/9/10 🙂 

unfortunately i had no time to do it. but on the other side i have been busy with trying to get a new set-up to go sim-racing on PC. hope my partner/sponsor will accept my proposal. 🙂 

I'm still struggling using my new G920 wheel on the Xbox One.. think i've got the steering set up nearly right. I'm still turning and struggling to get back straight... perhaps keep traction on the strongest or have some wheel spin? 

I'll compete in Swdn in the coming day?

I finished 64th. Top guys are going crazy fast! This is just mind blowing 😅 but I am happy with my run, no mistakes, clean and steady. 

Now it’s turn for the worst rally for me in the whole game 🙈

Looks like about 6,000 people did at least 1 Stage according to the Clubs website. Let's see how Sweden goes. 2 weeks to complete this one so take a break if you need to.

@PJTierney Is it possible to ask the team to add "Find myself" bottom to web-view of the club on Racenet Club page? I tried to see my standing, but browsing through 11000 people is impossible.

• Agree 1

Just now, Tigron said:

@PJTierney Is it possible to ask the team to add "Find myself" bottom to web-view of the club on Racenet Club page? I tried to see my standing, but browsing through 11000 people is impossible.

ctrl+f and search for your name 🙂

"ctrl+f" 121 times for all pages is not a good option. Asking web-developer to add "find myself" bottom like in game is the right way to go. The game should get better! 😉

• Agree 1

I could ask but I wouldn't expect changes for quite a while as the web team is working on several other projects at the moment.