DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Upcoming PS5, texture update possible?

11 minutes ago, ianism said:

So they just don't know how to remove fog?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, J89 said:

So they just don't know how to remove fog?

I'm going to answer your question with another question:

Do you think that a developer with a such a dedication to good performance - demonstrated by a) the fact that it runs at 60fps on consoles even when it is pretty clear it is pushing the standard versions of both to the absolute limit and b) the fact that you can turn the graphics down extremely far on PC so that even players with very low-spec machines are able to play the game at 60fps and that you have been able to do this with their games for at least a decade and a half - do you really believe a developer like this would put that into the game (do not forget: the original promo photos we saw 2+ months before Finland was released had no fog) because of incompetence or laziness? I say pfff.

it's been explained why the fog is there. if you don't like the reasoning, that is fine, but you are not the one that is working on the game, and the more you talk about this, the more it becomes clear that you think you know more about how this game works than the people who make it. 

Edited by ianism

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

You started this thread to ask for a graphics update for PS5, no? You don't seem to understand that textures are not the only thing involved in a proper graphics update.

Sure I understand, but at this thread I only asked 4k textures like there is already for Xbox One X.

You requested fogfix multiple times before and you got answer that not gonna happen.
I understand your point that it would be nice also get performance update which could lead removing fog...but tweaking game like that could be bigger work than just adding better textures which are already made.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is best rally game ever and because of that it would be great to get somekind of performance update for next generation consoles.

Pistä oma ketju pystyyn sille sumulle jos haluat jatkaa asian vatvomista ja jätä tämä ketju aiheelle jolle se on perustettu!

Edited by MJV1973