Sign in to follow this  

Upcoming PS5, texture update possible?

For PS4 Pro there was texture update at last summer.
What You think Codemasters, could it be possible to update DiRT Rally 2.0 textures for PS5 ?

Well, a remaster update (performance and graphics) would mean, I would buy the X-Box Series X day one.
I would even buy the "DR 2.5 Definitive Edition" day one at full price 😄 

Would prefer a performance push more than higher resolution, though.
Faster Loading times, no pop-ins, rock solid 60fps, no strange graphical issues, sharper textures...a dream would come true.
Content and physics wise I'm already more than happy with the game.

I know you said PS5, but that would X-Box Series X count in, right?

• Haha 1

Xbox One X supports 4k resolution already, maby PS4 Pro is too slow for that performance?
Thought that it would be pretty easy to make also PS5 to support 4k resolution than tweak whole game to better performance, maby I´m wrong, don´t know anything about coding.

However Codemasters count me in if there will be somekind of update for next generation consoles.

Pretty sure they're aiming for a DiRT Rally 3 rather than a texture update for the new generations

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

60fps replays also back to consoles.

Dirt Rally 1 replays are 60fps, here only 30fps, which is weird.

Edited by J89

1 hour ago, KingOfCoins said:

Pretty sure they're aiming for a DiRT Rally 3 rather than a texture update for the new generations

Would agree here. The marriage of CM & Slightly Mad, means the entire physics modelling system will be improved.

Hello hopefully better Tarmac Physics!! 🙏

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

For a visual update there is something a lot more pressing than textures. Textures don't do much good if you can't see them

20191111185057_1.thumb.jpg.1a149aed1cdacecd7479686b2dd1c7e2.jpg20191112171257_1.thumb.jpg.e9c32151026a2b21320416a1f22f2aef.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Right, you are annoyed because I post about, not because of the problem I post about. Got your priorities truly right.

You know, there is a slight contradiction between you asking for a massive graphics update and being perfectly content with part of the game looking extraordinarily awful. Isn't that exactly the sort of thing that "DR 2.5 Definitive Edition" should be improving?

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Right, you are annoyed because I post about, not because of the problem I post about. Got your priorities truly right.

You know, there is a slight contradiction between you asking for a massive graphics update and being perfectly content with part of the game looking extraordinarily awful. Isn't that exactly the sort of thing that "DR 2.5 Definitive Edition" should be improving?

No, I want them to leave the fog in the game.
Just for you.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

No, I want them to leave the fog in the game.
Just for you.

Imagine having a mind so warped that you want a game to get a huge graphics update, but then actually you don't want it, but you actually want the game to look like puke because someone makes a post on the internet that you don't like.

At least stop lying about how you want a long list of graphics updates will you? When what you really want is the game to look like garbage. Just for me.

Edited by HoksuHoo

Imagine acknowledging Codies' statement on Finland that there's no further update planned. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Imagine having a mind so warped that you want a game to get a huge graphics update, but then actually you don't want it, but you actually want the game to look like puke because someone makes a post on the internet that you don't like.

At least stop lying about how you want a long list of graphics updates will you? When what you really want is the game to look like garbage. Just for me.

How can someone so narcissistic to think his problems with the game count for everyone.
I don't have a problem with the fog, I will not discuss it.
You cried about that topic way too many times now and it looks like almost every second post from you has this topic.

And don't tell what I should do or not, your opinion has no weight to me.
You just whining around instead of improving your driving.

4 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

How can someone so narcissistic to think his problems with the game count for everyone.
I don't have a problem with the fog, I will not discuss it.
You cried about that topic way too many times now and it looks like almost every second post from you has this topic.

And don't tell what I should do or not, your opinion has no weight to me.
You just whining around instead of improving your driving. 

How can someone be so narcissistic as to think someone cannot post about a problem with the game because you are annoyed by such posts? You just listed half a dozen different graphics updates that YOU want, I state one I want and you call me narcissistic. Seriously. I'm not posting about some personal issue that affects only me and no one else. That you have no problem with it is just your personal opinion, does not mean I can't post about it. It's not meant for your amusement, and just FYI I don't particularly enjoy posting about it.

This is literally a thread about a visual update. Which is what I posted about. You really need to calm down and take a moment to think about what you are saying, instead of making a personal attack for no logical reason.

So my opinion is so meaningless to you that you just said you want a part of Dirt Rally 2.0 to remain looking terrible, in complete contrast to wanting a huge graphics update as you posted earlier, just for me.

Now this has gone way off topic but that's usually what happens when someone wants to make it personal instead of sticking to the subject. Do you want to continue a personal argument that you know won't lead to anything good? Because I don't.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

How can someone be so narcissistic as to think someone cannot post about a problem with the game because you are annoyed by such posts? You just listed half a dozen different graphics updates that YOU want, I state one I want and you call me narcissistic. Seriously. I'm not posting about some personal issue that affects only me and no one else. That you have no problem with it is just your personal opinion, does not mean I can't post about it. It's not meant for your amusement, and just FYI I don't particularly enjoy posting about it.

The first few times was ok.
But you JUST DON'T STOP!
EVERY SINGLE ONE on these forums know now, you (and some others apparently) have a problem with the fog.

WE GOT IT!
You even got a direct reply from the devs.
What do you expect after a definitive "no" from the devs now with this?
To drive everyone crazy with that topic?
It won't change! They will not change their mind, when you keep repeating this.

9 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

So my opinion is so meaningless to you that you just said you want a part of Dirt Rally 2.0 to remain looking terrible, in complete contrast to wanting a huge graphics update as you posted earlier, just for me.

This was OBVIOUSLY a joke, some kind of way to show you, how annoying you are to me.
I literally can't read a thread anymore, without you showing up and crying about that again.
Exaggerated, I know.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe I just find their response a bit inadequate and unconvincing. Maybe I'm so stupid I believe there could be a minuscule chance they could come to their senses, I mean it's all too obvious it should not look like that. Maybe I'm just looking to rant and vent since I'm still angry about how they butchered my country. Maybe it's annoying to me, being annoyed seems like a good enough reason to post. Maybe you should take a moment to think about why it makes you so upset that I post about it. Or why you expect me to care about you being annoyed considering how you talk to me.

Again, this is a thread about a possible visual update. Despite that Codies have said DR2.0 is wrapped up and will only get very minor updates. I pointed out the part that is the most strikingly in need of a visual update. Though, if it won't be changed as you assert then that kind of goes against the kind of huge visual update you ask.

Edited by HoksuHoo

49 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Maybe I just find their response a bit inadequate and unconvincing. Maybe I'm so stupid I believe there could be a minuscule chance they could come to their senses, I mean it's all too obvious it should not look like that. Maybe I'm just looking to rant and vent since I'm still angry about how they butchered my country. Maybe it's annoying to me, being annoyed seems like a good enough reason to post. Maybe you should take a moment to think about why it makes you so upset that I post about it. Or why you expect me to care about you being annoyed considering how you talk to me.

Again, this is a thread about a possible visual update. Despite that Codies have said DR2.0 is wrapped up and will only get very minor updates. I pointed out the part that is the most strikingly in need of a visual update. Though, if it won't be changed as you assert then that kind of goes against the kind of huge visual update you ask.

It's you're repetitivness that's making me upset.
You just ignore the devs answer and continue.
I would even talk to my family like that, if they would repeating the same s*** over and over again.

I don't have anything against your point, I just don't have a problem with the fog.
They even said it's because of performance.
Probably the engine just can't do it with the new systems in place.
Accept that.

Maybe one day with a better engine, new consoles, more power, you get your fogless finland again.
I'm pretty sure they did that not because they wanted it to look like that.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Probably the engine just can't do it with the new systems in place.
Accept that.

You are just conjecturing, you don't even know what you are telling me to accept. The engine can do it in non-daytime, in rain, in other locations. So much that isn't explained and just doesn't add up.

Don't you think this is kind of repetitive? You have repeated  the same thing five times now, basically. It's almost like, you just won't accept my answer so you continue.

Edited by HoksuHoo

57 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

You are just conjecturing, you don't even know what you are telling me to accept.

OF COURSE I DO!
We both don't know the answer, just "performance reasons".

58 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

The engine can do it in non-daytime, in rain, in other locations. So much that isn't explained and just doesn't add up.

Finland is very fast, rain and night is ok, sooooo, what could it be?
It came never into your mind, the problem is the distance to the front?

There are white walls showing up in one specific place in the distance on one of the stages, I assume those would be much more, if there wouldn't be fog.
JUST GUESSING.

1 hour ago, HoksuHoo said:

Don't you think this is kind of repetitive? You have repeated  the same thing five times now, basically. It's almost like, you just won't accept my answer so you continue.

Now you know how that feels, eh? 🤣

I wonder should I be saying something... 😁

No matter how hard you try, fog in real life won't go away by yelling at others. The things that do go away with enough yelling are the comments that I hide 😉 

I think we have gotten quite off-topic. I'm sure there have been threads about fog in the past.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I wonder should I be saying something... 😁

Maby You could remove off-topic from this thread.
It´s not so polite to steal original topic to argue about fog.

If texture update not gonna happen then that´s the case.
I placed question for Codemasters and hope someone from company could answer.

You started this thread to ask for a graphics update for PS5, no? You don't seem to understand that textures are not the only thing involved in a proper graphics update.

Posted (edited)

It's amazing how ****** Finland looks compared to Dirt Rally 1. It's just laziness from the codemaster when they don't fix it.

Edited by J89

2 hours ago, J89 said:

It's just laziness from the codemaster when they don't fix it.

Facepalm GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1