Sign in to follow this  

DiRTy Gossip about Art of Rally

Love their games. Very stylish and minimalistic. When is the console version coming out?

17 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Love their games. Very stylish and minimalistic. When is the console version coming out?

Tricky question, but seeing the main game dev team is still 1 person, depends when he gets the porting guys going after release. Absolute Drift took 1 year per port to appear on consoles, so 2015 main game, 2016 PS4 and then 2017 Xbone. But everything can still change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Beep beep: 

From their email:

What's up with the game?
It's almost complete and I've had to hire a bunch of people to help finish it including a producer, developers, and a community manager.
We'll be announcing concrete things soon, so it shouldn't be too long before it's in your hands on PC!
In other news, the game is also coming to GOG!
And Funselektor has a new silly logo too!

Edited by VirtuaIceMan
  • Like 2

Imma want this so bad

Great to see the progression of this game into something really ambitious for its dev team size

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@danielofifi

If you're looking for some retro arcade racing right now, check out 'Wheelspin Frenzy'

It cost I think under ten dollars on the Xbox.

And is seriously under-rated! Very nice physics-based top-down gameplay with nicely balanced AI. Really scratching my retro racing itch right now.

Also, tracks get more interesting as you progress and unlock them, with eg asphalt sections that have more grip etc. 

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Like 1

This looks so good, hope that the PS4 port comes in short order!

21 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

@danielofifi

If you're looking for some retro arcade racing right now, check out 'Wheelspin Frenzy'

Looks like a more bouncy version of classic PC game Ignition (aka Bleifuss Fun in Germany I think)

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

@danielofifi

Omega Rally Championship is a similar rally style game on Microsoft Store (Win10 as well as Xbox), but it has few cars and tracks and an unusual steering method, when you point your joystick/thumbstick in the direction you want the car to go. It feels really broken at first!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/omega-rally-championship/9n4wnpwrck47

2 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Looks like a more bouncy version of classic PC game Ignition (aka Bleifuss Fun in Germany I think)

There is a resemblance yes, though the gameplay in Wheelspin Frenzy is 100% physics based. 

On 8/19/2020 at 1:57 PM, Jake Cushing said:

@danielofifi

It cost I think under ten dollars on the Xbox.

And is seriously under-rated! Very nice physics-based top-down gameplay with nicely balanced AI. Really scratching my retro racing itch right now.

Also, tracks get more interesting as you progress and unlock them, with eg asphalt sections that have more grip etc. 

Cool, thanks! Unfortunately I'm on PS4, but I'll definitely check it out sooner or later.

Another game in this style I've come across lately is Super Pixel Racers, really fun and challenging retro arcade offroad action.