Sign in to follow this  

Lost control

Posted (edited)

WTH with the game? Many times in a duel, I was leading, then in the turn I completely had no control of the car anymore. It went straight and crashed into the wall.

any of you experienced this?

Edited by RosAlfonz
Typo

I’ve had that then realised used my thumb too far up the screen - effectively missing the brake and pressing on the leaderboard.  Could you have had the same problem?

My thumb was less than 2 in from the bottom. No issue on the brake pedal, just the steering 

For me it always happens during event races. Event qualifyings are fine. Only the races. End up have to over brake and thus end up with slower race times. So now I can only go for event completion instead of gunning for gold tier. 

I have the same problem every once in a while. At first I thought I was putting my thumb in a wrong place. But then I paid a closer attention and realised that my thumb was in the right place. So I don’t know where that comes from. Pretty annoying indeed.

Posted (edited)

I managed to captured 2 incidents when I lost control.

1) when the car was going straight, then lost control before the turn.

2) when during the turn, I lost control.

My thumb was always on the steering wheel when it occurred.

Edited by RosAlfonz

Does anyone have this issue? Tried to contact Codemasters and got NO reply or feedback.

I am getting frustrated playing this game and keep losing steering control mid game.

I had this issue like last month at Singapore first corner. Couldn't turn and rammed straight into the barriers. Bam! DNF in less than 5 seconds.

But in the past week, I have been losing my car's rear in Sao Paolo, Mexico and China turns 1-2-3. Sometimes understeer, sometimes oversteer. No idea. I thought I was the only one. 

I believe there’s a bug in the software.i almost brought my new iPad to have the screen replaced, but when i played RR3 i had no steering problem. Codemaster, fix your damn bug.

4 minutes ago, RosAlfonz said:

I believe there’s a bug in the software.i almost brought my new iPad to have the screen replaced, but when i played RR3 i had no steering problem. Codemaster, fix your damn bug.

Yes. I too believe it's a bug. Don't think anything will be done till the next update.

Recent discovery,

I installed this game on a different iPad (older one, 5th gen, reg 9.7) and played it with my game profile. I raced about 20 or so and had NO issue of losing steering control when turning right. The game responded fine. The touch screen responded to all of my inputs without any flaws. However, when i played on my new IPad Pro 11 (2020 version), the problem arised on the 3rd, 4th game and so on. I kept losing right turn steering control almost every corner.

I brought the issue to Codemaster nd sent them the link to my video with the problem. Hope they find a solution.

My question to anyone using IPad to play this game, are you having this problem? What gen of your IPad?  Thanx!

On 5/23/2020 at 3:42 PM, RosAlfonz said:

Recent discovery,

I installed this game on a different iPad (older one, 5th gen, reg 9.7) and played it with my game profile. I raced about 20 or so and had NO issue of losing steering control when turning right. The game responded fine. The touch screen responded to all of my inputs without any flaws. However, when i played on my new IPad Pro 11 (2020 version), the problem arised on the 3rd, 4th game and so on. I kept losing right turn steering control almost every corner.

I brought the issue to Codemaster nd sent them the link to my video with the problem. Hope they find a solution.

My question to anyone using IPad to play this game, are you having this problem? What gen of your IPad?  Thanx!

Maybe you'd need to set the steering sensitivity a tad differently to suit the gyroscope of iPad Pro 11.

Though I play on my iPhone (not iPad), I increased the steering sensitivity to +10 and now I'm not facing the issue anymore.

The steering sensitivity, i believe, applies only if you steering by tilting the device. I use finger (leaking good) steering mode. 🙂