DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... √ó

Is DLC Integrated Into the Career?

Hello everyone,

I'm considering buying the DLC and I'm wondering if the rallies included therein will show up in the career mode, or if you'll have to access them through Custom/Freeplay modes.

Having only just started the game, it'd seem like a waste to pay for DLC I won't get around to using while I go through my career.

Thanks for your time,

fadingtrails

Yes you can drive all DLC content in the championships in the online events only 85% of the basic content is offered :-(

The DLCs are worth it but if you like to rally you have 15 vehicles and 7 more rallies
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Yes you can drive all DLC content in the championships in the online events only 85% of the basic content is offered :-(

The DLCs are worth it but if you like to rally you have 15 vehicles and 7 more rallies

*16 cars. you forgot the Legacy or something.

Edited by ianism

in fact there are 16 vehicles of the Subaru Legacy is the only DLC car that drives in a vehicle class that is also available in the base game
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Porsche 911 R-GT is also DLC.

Here is the Porsche is the content of the basic game

image.png

Posted (edited)

Maybe because it was a pre-order "bonus" (very misleading term for something that is choped off the base game but that's off topic). Seems it's just an oversight, wouldn't exactly be the first for Codemasters. On Steam it literally is paid DLC, afaik the same for consoles. https://store.steampowered.com/app/977660/DiRT_Rally_20__Porsche_911_RGT_Rally_Spec/

Edited by HoksuHoo

You can also buy the Opel Kadett as a DLC ;-)

Certain vehicles were offered as DLC or DLC packs so that you could have them immediately in the game
This includes the Porsche and the H2 RWD Double Pack

So how is the career mode structured? Are the championships randomly generated and that's how to DLC rallies are included?

• Agree 1

The Porsche (and a few other cars) were early unlocks for pre-order players, essentially a booster pack so that they can drive them immediately in My Team without having to earn Credits to buy them.

The cars themselves are freely available in the base game.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, fadingtrails said:

So how is the career mode structured? Are the championships randomly generated and that's how to DLC rallies are included?

Yes, random including DLC (with a few modifiers, like the first Event of a new Championship will always be different to the final of the Championship you just completed).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, fadingtrails said:

So how is the career mode structured? Are the championships randomly generated and that's how to DLC rallies are included? ÔĽŅ

All DLC rallies are included and you can drive any car you want, the same applies to the Rallycross career

At the easiest level of difficulty at the start of your championship, you will drive 4 rallies with stages. The number of rallies and the stages will increase with each level of difficulty

By the way, the DLCs are worth it because of the Up 2000cc Cars

You will also love rallies for example Sweden or Scotland ;-)

If you like it a little harder there is also Greece
All 3 with beautiful graphics I mean beautiful landscapes

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The Porsche (and a few other cars) were early unlocks for pre-order players, essentially a booster pack so that they can drive them immediately in My Team without having to earn Credits to buy them.

The cars themselves are freely available in the base game.

All right then, I stand corrected regarding the Porsche. Have to say though, this is something you should be clearer about to players. I have always thought the Porsche is not available at all unless you buy the DLC, as there is no mention of it merely being an unlock of something you have regardless. https://store.steampowered.com/app/988670/DiRT_Rally_20__Opel_Kadett__C_GTE/   This clearly says "early unlock". This here for example https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz2RtzDWkAAgcoZ?format=jpg&name=small could be a bit clearer about that, someone could get the wrong idea.

btw how come the Porsche cannot be skinned like other base game cars? Like a DLC car in that regard.

Posted (edited)

Having received vehicles through the DLC (which I'd rather have earned), I've found out career mode lets you start a championship with any vehicle right off the bat. It begs the question, what am I working towards?  To make matters worse, the AI isn't putting up a fight.

Freeplay does have you go through the Historic vehicle classes step by step, but why is this separate from Career?

The gameplay is solid but the (baffling) game design holding it up are taking away any satisfaction I could get from playing it.

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Agree 2

If you drive the championship in your career then only the degree of difficulty or the number of stages and rallies increases and that was it ! very boring.

• Agree 3

On 4/11/2020 at 3:26 PM, HoksuHoo said:

btw how come the Porsche cannot be skinned like other base game cars? Like a DLC car in that regard.

the 911 RGT is encrypted because it's considered a DLC car, as it was a pre-order/deluxe edition bonus (possibly both? I don't remember haha)

the early product descriptions for this game were often a little inaccurate. for example, the original pre-order said you'd get 5 cars per season, which in reality you got 6. this was never updated, all the way until they removed the original Deluxe Edition (base game + S1/S2) and DE upgrade (just S1/S2) from the stores (PSN, Microsoft & Steam) about a year after the game originally came out.¬†ūü§ź

18 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

If you drive the championship in your career then only the degree of difficulty or the number of stages and rallies increases and that was it ! very boring.

agreed.

19 hours ago, fadingtrails said:

Having received vehicles through the DLC (which I'd rather have earned), I've found out career mode lets you start a championship with any vehicle right off the bat. It begs the question, what am I working towards?  To make matters worse, the AI isn't putting up a fight.

Freeplay does have you go through the Historic vehicle classes step by step, but why is this separate from Career?

The gameplay is solid but the (baffling) game design holding it up are taking away any satisfaction I could get from playing it.

1) well, quite. the lack of progression is the whole problem with the career mode haha! if you want, you can sell some or all of the cars you were given for free (they sell for 0 credits). that'll give you something to work towards.

keep in mind though that for any older vehicles (pre-2000) sell, you cannot buy them "new" from the dealer. "used" cars from the dealer are identical, except that they come with damage that you have to repair, and (more importantly) they will have a high number of km driven and events entered etc. this does not reset to 0 when you buy them ("new" cars all start with all these stats at 0 of course) so you'll have cars with like 27 000+km on them, even though you haven't used them at all. some people find this annoying, so I just wanted to warn you.

the AI will get harder, I promise haha. the game just makes you jump through the lower level hoops first. but yeah career isn't really the best part of the game. I mostly play community challenges, though I am slowly working my way through the McRae scenarios and I've done all the Historic championships.

2) no idea. I think they wanted to have some sort of sense of progression in the game, offline, and separate from My Team. it only uses the 6 base game locations and the base game car classes though, which is a bit annoying. 

weirdly, in Historic you can find times of day (dawn and sunrise) which don't exist anywhere else in DR2. they are just dusk and sunset relabelled, however.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, fadingtrails said:

Exactly because the championship is so boring or offers no incentive to drive it (by the way, this was also the case with Dirt Rally) the events are much more interesting for me because you can't choose the car class there, I like surprises

Also in Colin McRae Dirt and Colin McRae 2005 there was a championship and a career separated that I liked very much

Edited by gleylancer571

I did really enjoy the original Dirt Rally career mode. Doesn't it have you start with historic FWD cars and work your way towards more powerful machinery?

I've decided to play the 2.0 career in the same way. Should be rewarding beating the Masters.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well, I think you should ride H1 first and then slowly move forward with H2 FWD,R2 and F2 Kitcars
The 4WD cars are just too fast and the RWD cars too hard to control

At Dirt Rally you have to start with H1 cars that's right

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1