Jump to content Jump to content

PC - F1 2019 Not even starting.

102Pigi

HI all, 

I've just bought the game, and trying to use it without chance.

At first I thought the problem wa sthe operating system and have upgraded to win10.

It still don't start also after ( successfully)  upgrade to win10.

I have deleted and d/loaded again the whole game via steam but still no go.

Also did the check / from steam ) and it says everything fine.

When starting from the steam directory (I:\Steam\SteamApps\common\F1 2019) I get a message complaining for a vcruntime140.dll missing.

This dll is present in c:\windows\syswow64 either as vcruntime140.dll ( Version is 14.0.24215.1 ) than vcruntime140_clr0400.dll ( Version is 14.0.25028.0 )

If I copy this dll in steam directory I get an 0xc000007b exception. 

Unfortunally it seems I can't find any crash_dump in userdata.

Here my dxdiag.

Any hint ? 

Thanks in advance.

Pigi_102

DxDiag.txt

I did a test: I've uninstalled vc_redistr2015 and reinstalled a new one. 

With this one ( version 14.25.28508.3 ) at least the dx11 version starts.  

The dx12 don't, without any message and cannot find crashdumps.

Why do you have Steam installed to I:\ ?

Updated BIOS here. You should know that the GPU is EOLed. The last driver (15.7.1) may in fact be the cause of the error as Catalyst drivers do rely on runtimes heavily. It also does not officially support DX12.

The system is below minimum spec. (i3-2020 and HD7750) you have a Sandy Bridge Xeon there which although powerful, is not the same architecture as the i3-2020.

The audio drivers are also from 2015.

I'd advise you to think about using a different system to play F1 2019.

I have it installed on "I:" as is where I had enough space on a SSD Disk, and yes, I know I'm somewhat under spec.

That shouldn't, btw, justify the fact that it don't start. At least it should go slow, but not simply not starting without any crashdump ( IMHO ) .

15 hours ago, 102Pigi said:

I have it installed on "I:" as is where I had enough space on a SSD Disk, and yes, I know I'm somewhat under spec.

That shouldn't, btw, justify the fact that it don't start. At least it should go slow, but not simply not starting without any crashdump ( IMHO ) .

Your opinion is wrong. Unless CM just 'decide' on an arbitrary minimum spec....

Different generations of CPU have different hardware instruction sets. If the game uses (or relies on one) then the code may run slowly, crash or not work at all. Plus the older the kit, the less likely it is to have any new patches or workaround considerations.

The GPU does not support DX12, period. The driver is not DX12 capable. Just because the OS is, if the device isn't capable, it won't work.

DX11 is your best bet, but even then the driver is five years old. Upgrading to a supported GPU may be a way forward.

If you want to throw everything you have at it then I suggest a reinstall once you've sorted out your partitions. You seem to have had some indication from runtimes, but as I said, those drivers do rely heavily on runtimes so you may just be hitting a driver error rather than any game foilble.

Have Steam installed to C:\ unless you want to start messing with the PATH commands. Or just copying the .dlls to anywhere they can't be found. But, versioning is sometimes extremely important when you are dealing with unsupported legacy hardware and software.

Archived