Sign in to follow this  

New to Dirt Rally 2.0, Should I buy all DLC at once or will I be overwhelmed?

I was really happy to see this game come to PS Plus just after I bought an FFB Wheel, now it's looking to become my favorite game to play on my wheel. I'm interested in buying the DLC for extra locations. But I'm afraid I get overwhelmed by all the locations and cars since I'm new and still playing with slow cars in career mode to get a good feel for rallying. Do you think it's a mistake to buy all the DLC instantly so I don't have any familiarity with the courses so it becomes too hard?

Posted (edited)

No DLCs are must, especially rally ones. I got day one edition game, and in my opinion in begging there was too little stages. It's great game you will not regret.

I'm even expecting S05 because they now released "Year One" edition, so there could be more stuff I hope like Fiesta mk8 R5 and other

Edited by Wellwh0
  • Like 1

In my opinion all DLC they released is absolute quality. We're talking about hundreds of hours of entertainment. Even if you couldn't get a good discount it'd be worth it. No doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Do yourself a favour, and buy the one year pass which includes all 4 seasons and the Flatout pack. I promise you will not regret. 😊👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I bought one week ago Dirt Rally 2.0 super deluxe, I believe it is the same that "game of the year" edition...

I can not recommend you buying any other version, because you will miss some sort of DLC... And just by how the stages and locations are, with the 58 DLC if you are a rally fan you will be missing diversity (at least I am, there are plenty different cars, but not enough locations and different stages). Good thing is that you have rallycross, and there you really have a lot of circuits and in that department I really can not complain, they have done a good job on rallycross (i even like it more than rally in this game, and I am a rally fan not rallycross follower).

Another good thing is that you start with 2.400.000 credits, and you can accelerate the process in some things. And 26 cars in the garage or something like this in career mode just when you begin the game

Edited by IgorPr
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I think it goes without saying that if you're going to put serious time into this game (I have 550 hours so far) yes, you definitely want to buy the DLC. it more than doubles the number of rally locations and adds 16 more cars and 3 new classes (1 Group A, 4 Group B RWD, 8 2000cc, 3 F2). it also more than doubles the number of RX Supercars and adds 5 RX tracks. finally, it adds the Colin McRae mode, which is like a secondary career offline.

by the way, the package you're going to want to be buying is the Year 1 Pass. it gets you everything. you don't need the superdeluxe/GOTY edition because it comes with the base game, which you already have.

it also gives you 2.4 million credits to use in the My Team mode.

However, as you might be able to tell, that's a lot of stuff. Sooooooo I would actually say, yes you will probably get overwhelmed. So play with the base game stuff. start career mode. start historic mode. buy a couple of cars. get used to driving different classes. compete in the promo/bonus daily events that you are able to. 

wait a week or two, or three. then get the DLC 🙂

17 hours ago, Wellwh0 said:

I'm even expecting S05 because they now released "Year One" edition, so there could be more stuff I hope like Fiesta mk8 R5 and other

it's been stated quite a few times that this isn't happening. if there is any more content it'll probably just be the Hyundai RX car, as they've recently added to the game all the drivers who've used that car in the past 1-2 World RX seasons

Edited by ianism
  • Disagree 1

@Jaccus Aurelius

Even if you are not very familiar with the game you can buy all DLCs.

Only the Up to 2000 cars alone are worth it

The DLC rallies are also looking beautiful: Sweden, Scotland, Greece just as an example.

So in one word buy all DLCs simply because you have more variety

I bought year one pass last week and 12 items will not install no mattr how many times I try to install (C4 and 2001 Focus are some of the cars and Greece is also a location which will not install). All other DLC installed straight away except for these 12. I have tried uninstalling the game and all DLC and reinstalling but the sake 12 items are still not appearing in game. Has anyone else had this issue can someone give me help with it?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JamieGally94 said:

I bought year one pass last week and 12 items will not install no mattr how many times I try to install (C4 and 2001 Focus are some of the cars and Greece is also a location which will not install). All other DLC installed straight away except for these 12. I have tried uninstalling the game and all DLC and reinstalling but the sake 12 items are still not appearing in game. Has anyone else had this issue can someone give me help with it?

I only had Deluxe version from the start so i just bought season 3 and 4 last weekend, i have had the same thing. i had to download all cars and locations one by one from PS store. doesnt tke that long but it wouldnt add them all at once.

1 hour ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

I only had Deluxe version from the start so i just bought season 3 and 4 last weekend, i have had the same thing. i had to download all cars and locations one by one from PS store. doesnt tke that long but it wouldnt add them all at once.

I will try that today and see if it works hopefully as I would love to use the stuff which wont download!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JamieGally94 said:

Do you play on PC,XBOX, PS4 ?

So I on PS4 and there you have to go to the store and click again what in the career is not displayed and that's it

46 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Do you play on PC,XBOX, PS4 ?

So I on PS4 and there you have to go to the store and click again what in the career is not displayed and that's it

I play on xbox one. So I can press the start button on DR2.0 and select manage ad ons where I find all DLC plus the game itself. This is where it says 12 items ready to install and 44 installed, and no matter whether I try install one by one or install all they still are not in game and it's close to a week now.

Thanks for all the replies and support guys, I bought the Year one Pass, and I couldn't be happier with it, the new locations are amazing, however I don't really like Baumholder. I haven't touched upon RallyCross at all but will in the future. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Jaccus Aurelius said:

Thanks for all the replies and support guys, I bought the Year one Pass, and I couldn't be happier with it, the new locations are amazing, however I don't really like Baumholder. I haven't touched upon RallyCross at all but will in the future. 

Agree, not my favourite location either, but try 'Waldaufstieg'. It's really fun and an amazing stage imo. 

Edited by richie

2 minutes ago, richie said:

Agree, not my favourite location either, but try 'Waldaufstieg'. It's really fun and an amazing stage imo. 

Will do

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, Wellwh0 said:

There's no Season 5 or "Year Two" planned.

The Game of the Year Edition is the complete package.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1