Sign in to follow this  

I dont get why cars cant be bought whenever theyre wanted

Posted (edited)

I really do not get the idea behind the New and Used car lot mechanic. I want to buy an H2 Historic car that I do not have in my garage anymore to use in a daily challenge. Without it I can not play the available daily. but theres not one available to buy. What the heckleisious does this accomplish? After buying the game, and both Seasons, why should I have to wait hours or days before the car I want is available on the "market"? This just aggravates me to the point of pissyness.

Now those around me are subject to having to deal with a pissy adult, even though Bugsbunny did his Easterbasket gig last night. Thats not fair. For anyone. I almost feel bad for my impending jerk like attitude. A video game shouldnt envoke such needless mental warfare on unsuspecting civies.

Can't we get this reworked? We could pretend a well stocked Rally and Rallycross dealer has come onto the market ready to accept players credits. Seems an easy fix.

Thanks for your consideration.

BC/GB

Edited by GrimieBrowneye
misspelling caught
  • Like 1

Just recently got the game and I agree with the OP. Also thanks for explaining how it actually works. I was browsing through the cars and saw only some available and had no idea how to unlock the others. I figured I'd have to complete the championship first or something.

It's a useless mechanic that would be better of removed. Unlikely to happen for DR2.0 at this point, but for future titles they should imo ditch this whole "car shop" make-believe. No "used" cars with random fake stats, no changing car selection where you must wait real-world hours to get a certain car, just a simple unlock system like in DR1 where you unlock cars in exchange for credits you earned. And no car upgrades either, starting with a gimped car and grinding for more horsepower isn't what sim racing is about.

I think it would have been better if every car were available brand new.  Used cars could be the ones cycled through if you have the patience to wait for the one you want or need.  At least divide the car shop from all of it together to used and new sub-menus.  But I do feel that all of the cars should be there brand new.