Jump to content Jump to content

Graphics Settings - Not loading when game starts

tahosa

Every time I start DiRT Rally, I have to reset all my graphics options (resolution, antialias, advanced settings, etc.). I do see all the proper settings stored in my "My Documents/My Games/DiRT Rally" folder. No matter how many times I restart my computer or the game, the settings will not load from that file, or whatever other file they get saved in. I have tried starting the game, changing the settings, then immediately quitting and restarting to see if it was due to crashes/force quits, but this also gives the same behavior. I'm running an AMD Athlon 3.2GHz dual core, Windows 7, 4GB RAM, and a GTX 570 graphics with plenty of room to spare on my HDDs.
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Finally getting back to DiRT after a gap for actual racing. I have not messed with the ini files, my career progress does save, as do my controller settings (logitech g27). Running as administrator seems to have no effect. I am running the latest video drivers, and everything runs fine once I readjust the settings when I open the game, but I have to go in every time to reset the resolution and other options.
Follow-up:

Tried editing the hardware config files, both in the install directory as well as the user configs in the My Games folder. Changes would be saved until the application restarted. I tried editing the files as administrator with the same effect. Also tried running DiRT as administrator in various combinations while editing these files with no change in the effect.

Every time the game starts, it looks like it overwrites the hardware config XML file with a default that is not related to the XML file I was able to find in the install directory. I'll continue to tinker to see if I can get anything to stick, but any input from the devs would be appreciated.

Archived