Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

Gui1 said:
Argentinians defensive midfielders, backs and keepers are ridiculous, and they don't have Tevez. 
Yeah , not taking Tevez was ridiculous and incredibly stupid , but Romero is a pretty decent keeper (not world class but still not bad). Zabaleta is their only good defender but have plenty of top quality CDMs. Di Maria is brilliant and Messi could potentially be started in a midfield position too. Maybe they don't have the class of Spain or Germany , but ridiculous I think not. they also have the climate to think about.
If Argentina could defend better they might stand a chance but my money's either on Spain or Brazil I know some people say that teams have mastered the way Spain play now with the tiki taka stuff but I still think they've got probably a better chance than most. I think we'll have a Brazil v Spain final it's just a case of who will come out on top but this is my opinion but we'll have to wait and see how it plays out
Herby007 said:
Think Tevez should be in the World Cup squad? Read this article by Tim Vickery, sums up the situation well.

As for who will win the World Cup, I genuinelly have no idea. I hate how I'll haveto stay up till 1am to watch some games though. Can't do it and then go to work for 8am :( #firstworldproblems
I hated the Japan korea world cup when they were all early in the morning was worth it though as it was a good world cup. I just hope this one's more entertaining than South Africa 2010
I must be the only one that thinks Argentina's team looks pretty good......

Mistake not taking Tevez? Not at all.
Yeah , I do to. I think they'll win it actually. May I ask why you think thy were right not to take Tevez though ?
It wasn't the Argentinian FA that decided not to call him up, Tevez told them not to cause he'd booked a family holiday to Disney World. If they took him he would just moan and sulk and disrupt the rest of the team with his silly antics.

Aguero, Higuain, Lavezzi, Messi and Di Maria are all capable of scoring, and winning games
Herby007 said:
I remember watching England vs Brazil in my primary school. After we lost they let us play football until lunchtime as we were all upset.

Best primary school ever.
On pre-school I hated football and the World Cup because they would let the kids go home at 1PM instead of a full day in the school till 4PM.

Pre-school is the most fun moment in anyone lives.
Loore said:
In the absence of Wales, going to go with Belgium as an outside bet.
Since you've went with Belgium I'll go with Columbia. France don't seem to be getting much of a mention this time for some reason either,
Probably cause they struggled to qualify, solid squad though and could surprise a few. Although the defenders that are going aren't the best, Debuchy, Digne, Evra, Koscielny, Mangala, Sagna, Sakho, Varane.

Sad that Stekelenburg and Van Der Wiel aren't going to the WC......Both made the wrong moves

Germany to win. Their only weakness is the lack of a lead world class striker. Dat midfield doe. It's too much for any team. 

It's pretty open though. Germany, Brazil, Spain and Argentina all have ridiculous squads. Then throw in several dark horses - Belgium, France, Italy and even Columbia - and I think we've got ourselves a mighty World Cup to look forward to.