Sign in to follow this  

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

Platy said:
Great penalty under that much pressure.
Agreed, but I think we all saw it wasn't a penalty I think..

Still, it's unbelievable we achieved it!

mike96 said:
Platy said:
Great penalty under that much pressure.
Agreed, but I think we all saw it wasn't a penalty I think..

Still, it's unbelievable we achieved it!
Penalty to me, Ivory Coast player blocked Samaras' leg from striking the ball and was nowhere near the ball when it happened. It's a foul everywhere else on the pitch.

I originally said that Greece would get through in my predictions, but I changed it last minute to Ivory Coast. God Damn it. 

Suarez deserves to have the book thrown at him. To do it not once, not twice but three times is just disgusting. 

I don't think he has a mental problem as you see muppets like Stan Collymore claiming, but when he get's desperate and frustrated then something seems to go off inside his head. It's a shame as well because he'd done a lot better the last season in cutting out the dick-ish behaviour and I was starting to like him. 

FIFA have a great opportunity to set a standard here. They can't hide behind any BS excuses like it's the first time because it clearly isn't; and if he isn't banned from the World Cup and at the very least three-four months then they're gonna have to answer even more questions about their integrity. I'm not saying it as a fan of a rival team, but if Ferdinand can be banned for 8 months for missing one drugs test; then he should really be out for at least as long as that because he has previous and doesn't learn. 

Oh and he really should be arrested tbh. It's assault. If anybody normal did that they'd be locked up; but because he's a public figure and worth millions he'll get off lightly. Depressing thing is the majority of Liverpool fans will still play the victim role, then defend him, the season will kick off, he'll come back possibly leave for tens of millions of pounds and the whole thing will be forgotten about. 

Oh and he's racist. Lovely bloke that Luis. 

As an Italia fan...today was extremely disappointing. That red card was complete BS. Yellow Card *maybe*. yes, his foot came up, which is odd, but after multiple replay angles, the foot coming up looks more like he's trying to "whoa up" and turn as he was colliding with the other player.

After that, I knew it was over. Uruguay had a 1 man advantage and the refs on their side...

And don't get me started with Suarez...

Sigh.

Ehh... No words, really. No idea what he was thinking, FIFA can go ahead and do whatever they want with him.
EdMa said
Oh and he's racist. 
Uh, about that... No.

Proven. 

And he said the same word about 7 or 8 times so he clearly knew what he was doing. 

John Terry may have used racist language yet it was in the heat of the moment and he said it once. 

SynGamer said:
As an Italia fan...today was extremely disappointing. That red card was complete BS. Yellow Card *maybe*. yes, his foot came up, which is odd, but after multiple replay angles, the foot coming up looks more like he's trying to "whoa up" and turn as he was colliding with the other player.

After that, I knew it was over. Uruguay had a 1 man advantage and the refs on their side...

And don't get me started with Suarez...

Sigh.
I was surprised at the time that the ref gave a red, but looking at the slow mo's after the game his foots right at the top of the Uruguay players shin and the studs are up so i can see why it was a red.

I see Prandelli has resigned too, thought the Italian FA might have tried to convince him to stay for Euro 2016

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Bq9lqfeCUAAZI7P.mp4

Grrr it won't embed. @justbiglee?

Thought Argentina would make lighter work of Nigeria. They were so bad against Scotland at Craven Cottage before the world cup

Suarez banned for 9 internationals, banned from all football activity for 4 months and cannot enter stadiums. 100,000 whatever fine and his next game will be v Newcastle on November 1st. 

And I still see some Liverpool fans defending him. One said that it was unfair because he didn't do any damage to Cheillini. HE. BIT. ANOTHER. HUMAN. BEING. 3. TIMES. 

Plus... 

Got to be thes best Photoshop I've ever seen.

4 months is a long time to be fair, although I think it's his very last chance saloon. Unfortunately he's worth millions. If he was in League 2 he'd be in prison.