Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

alonsofan46

Well, if you go by history, crowns pass on instantly, even if the ceremony is later, so in this sense Spain are champions but they are only champions for a few more weeks. Not that it really matters, Spain can be champions of the universe for all I care, they still went out at the group stage and I couldn't be happier. 

@OneTwoThree will be pleased that Australia have more goals from open play than Spain I assume. 

It is really quite funny actually. Spain have yet to actually score a legit goal. They have one and it was a penalty that shouldn't have been. LOL.

So far my favourite bit of dull and innane commentary has to be Danny Murphy and the commentator discussing players being frustrated at being taken off and kicking a water ball in anger etc; at which point the guy asks Murphy if he's ever done that, to which he replies "I did once". Followed by an awkard silence. 

Genuinely the kind of thing the 'Boring James Milner' account would tweet. 

So, the Greek commentator said this a few days ago: "Goal line technology took away one of the beauties of the sport, referee mistakes".

That's like saying the seat belt took away one of the beauties of driving, flying through the windscreen. 
:|

S'okay. England will come out for the second half flying. 2 goals will go in within 5 minutes. England will sit back for the rest of the game, soaking the pressure before hitting a counter attack and I'll be off to buy a PS4 tomorrow.

Have faith people!

Herby007 said:
S'okay. England will come out for the second half flying. 2 goals will go in within 5 minutes. England will sit back for the rest of the game, soaking the pressure before hitting a counter attack and I'll be off to buy a PS4 tomorrow.

Have faith people!
To quote Kevin Keegan I'd love it if we beat them Love it. Lt's hope it happens

England were not that bad going forward, but Godin needed to get sent off. 

Anyway, still hope. Italy can beat Costa Rica by a couple and then Uruguay, then if we win by a couple, we'll qualify. It is still on.

That winner was out of nothing too.

AMS97KRR said:
England were not that bad going forward, but Godin needed to get sent off. 

Anyway, still hope. Italy can beat Costa Rica by a couple and then Uruguay, then if we win by a couple, we'll qualify. It is still on.

That winner was out of nothing too.
Nah, it's over. And you can quote me on that.

It is not over :p 

I still think we can do it, Italy will win both and then we just have to win by two against CRC. Roy made the wrong subs. Why Gerrard was on the pitch past 70 Minutes I'll never know, could have tried Wilshere.

Since you all wanted Rooney not to start, you have no right to celebrate that goal.
wasn't the case for me as I actually like Rooney in general but didn't matter in the end as I think we're pretty much as good as out now. Because we need Italy to beat both teams and while I think Italy will beat Costa Rica I suspect that the Italy - Uruguay game will end in a draw.

Italy are quality. If Italy win both, IMO we'll do enough. Yet again a big decision at a World Cup goes against us and we lost as a result. If Godin is sent off, they are finished. Unbelievable. Poor defending on the last goal, but Godin elbowed someone and didn't get a second yellow.