Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

alonsofan46

Gerrard got the header, so it was onside. If Jagielka had just followed Suarez with Cahill then it would have been no more than a chance. 
We were fine going forward, it is just so frustrating that 1 guy can win a game for them and they really don't deserve it. 1-1 was fair IMO.

We just have to hope Italy go for it. I think they will, they want to win every game. Lets remember here, if Italy beat CRC then they'll be on 6, if  Uruguay win against Italy then it is not impossible for them to win the group. 
No, Italy will go for it to make sure, Uruguay should as well, it will be of a massive benefit to them.

EdMa said:
Italy-Uruguay will "conveniently" end in a draw.

Hate to say it but I think it will too

Herby007 said:
AMS97KRR said:
England were not that bad going forward, but Godin needed to get sent off. 

Anyway, still hope. Italy can beat Costa Rica by a couple and then Uruguay, then if we win by a couple, we'll qualify. It is still on.

That winner was out of nothing too.
Nah, it's over. And you can quote me on that.
Think I just did :p But only because I agree but then our chances were never great to begin with that's why I didn't expect us to get too far

Although we're going out, I'm optimistic for 2016. Great young players with Sterling, Barkley and Lallana being better than I expected, Shaw ready to step up and Glen Johnson ready to **** off. Quarters at the very very least in two years.

We only have to beat CRC by 2, and that should be possible, CRC have very little to threaten our weak defensive with, but our strong attack will destroy their weak defence. I am confident we and Italy can do it. We got seriously unlucky in both games.

We aren't out yet...

I hate the negativity surrounding England. The media jumping on peoples back, the fans taking a stab at anyone who doesn't play well for one game. There were moments which were poor, but Suarez just produced two class finishes. 

AMS97KRR said:
We only have to beat CRC by 2, and that should be possible, CRC have very little to threaten our weak defensive with, but our strong attack will destroy their weak defence. I am confident we and Italy can do it. We got seriously unlucky in both games.
I think Italy will beat Costa Rica so I doubt they'll go out to try to beat Uruguay and therefore that game will end in a draw. Italy are well known for only doing what they need to in football nothing more nothing less

I just think that if Italy win both, we'll go through. We are so unlucky it is a joke. How much do FIFA refs get paid to make decisions like that against England. First Lampards goal and now Godins elbowing. Both have cost us the respective games. 
England are hated by FIFA and UEFA I swear.

AMS97KRR said:
Clearly you missed Costa Rica against Uruguay?

Costa Rica have a lot of pace up front, Jags and Cahill will struggle against Campbell. They're really well organised and will be difficult to breakdown.

England aren't good enough, it's that simple. While they're playing better than they have in the past, they're still a really long way from being a good side. There's no danger when we have the ball, rarely an end product, no creativity, too many young players trying to do too much. The future is good, the present isn't.

Joel Campbell is no Suarez, although I have witnessed him do some good things for club and country. CRC were good. Go out there, score as many as humanly possible and then see if it was enough. 

I know we are not great, but there was no pace to the build up play at times in the first half, looked really slow and casual. Too many backwards passes. 

Anyway, hopefully by France 2016 or Russia 2018 we can find a good CB and CDM/CM Pairing. I still think we can win one of them if things don't go badly for our young guys.

AMS97KRR said:
I just think that if Italy win both, we'll go through. We are so unlucky it is a joke. How much do FIFA refs get paid to make decisions like that against England. First Lampards goal and now Godins elbowing. Both have cost us the respective games. 
Pretty sure England-players were diving so often in the box, it could've been multiple sending offs if you add it all up.

To be honest, Roy is not to blame entirely, and I'm not calling for his head, but Roy is not the man to lead England to any kind of trophy. Sorry, he just isn't. Alf Ramsey was a good manager, he said from the start that England would win in '66, he was top draw. We need a top manager and then we'll make an impact. Someone with confidence, not someone who says "We'll try to do something" someone who says "We will make a serious impact"

The only positions that worry me are CB (Jagielka) and RB, other than that our team looks decent, CM is not great. Luckily Gerrard will be gone next time around, can't say I am sad to see him leave, never done anything big in an England shirt at the WC, just like the rest of the "Golden generation".

I just fee like it is a matter of time before we win something....So frustrating, we are not even out and I'm annoyed. 

I'm so mad bro'

Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Pretty sure England-players were diving so often in the box, it could've been multiple sending offs if you add it all up.
I was annoyed at England players falling over near the end. Just get up and play on, honestly. 60 Million people behind you and you fall over like a mug.

Platy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Clearly you missed Costa Rica against Uruguay?

Costa Rica have a lot of pace up front, Jags and Cahill will struggle against Campbell. They're really well organised and will be difficult to breakdown.

England aren't good enough, it's that simple. While they're playing better than they have in the past, they're still a really long way from being a good side. There's no danger when we have the ball, rarely an end product, no creativity, too many young players trying to do too much. The future is good, the present isn't.
yeah I think we've gotto look at the future here tbh the tournament was over the moment the draw was made in my opinion as I knew we would struggle with this group as we don't have the players anymore. They will ikmprove but they need moer experience this WC really came too early for them.

That was the point though. Write this torunament off as we were always getting to the Quarters at the most, give the younger players big game/tournament experience and prepare them for 2016/2018. In some ways it's the players that break onto the scene in the last year before a tournament that causes the biggest headaches. Honestly who'd have had Lallana and Shaw in the squad this time last year? Shaw hasn't even played, taken Cole's place who could easily have prevented Italy's winner. 

Funny thing is people have criticised Mourinho all season because he wants his wingers tracking people and helping the full back, yet when it comes to the National side Rooney's suddenly useless because he doesn't do that. Not just England either, that's Brazil's biggest problem atm. 

Suarez eh.....

Thought he'd make them alright ;) Pretty gutted i fell asleep and missed the whole game and nearly the start of the Japan game :-/

On the bright side, i got my prediction for the England game correct :D

Pretty unlucky actually now i've seen it, Muslera was awesome

Ronaldo doing the impossible ..... hitting Germany's one man wall -_-

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/25AB8AE6171090379357500903424_248181a87d3.0.4.3534256266207976266.mp4?versionId=UTFX9AnBLaA8NLCWQDot70p5DmJXnF_E

mike96 said:
Herby007 said:
Only seen the last 5 minutes of this game but Costa Rica look like they should be winning.

And oh look, they scored! Bye bye England :p
Italy had some good chances with Balotelli as well but I agree, Costa Rica deserve the lead they have at the moment. 
yeah have to agree with that even if it is bad news for England but England's chances weren't great going into this tournament anyway in fairness

Platy said:
Who would have thought putting pressure on Pirlo would make Italy struggle?

Oh wait, I did. Such a simple tactic that England couldn't or didn't set up to do.
You should be the manager then. Typical armchair fan.

EdMa said:
Platy said:
Who would have thought putting pressure on Pirlo would make Italy struggle?

Oh wait, I did. Such a simple tactic that England couldn't or didn't set up to do.
You should be the manager then. Typical armchair fan.
tbf I don't think it's the managers fault we just don't have the players to compete right now