Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

alonsofan46

But it isn't really because they were decisions that were made wrong. Mexico couldn't help that the officials ruled out two perfectly good goals for "offside" and Brazil got given 2 goals that shouldn't have been.

That "Shoulda. Woulda. Coulda." only really applies to teams like England who did make mistakes or Spain. I don't think that is relevant in Mexico's case, they did nothing wrong. Fact is, Mexico were robbed of the top spot by some poor decisions. 

EDIT: Ok apparently Fred's goal was onside, but then it would still make little difference, Brazil should only have 4 and Mexico 5. 

It is a fact that, in football, officials get decisions wrong. What happens during 90 minutes regarding goals scored/disallowed does not change. You can keep talking in hypotheticals but that fact does not change. Would it be better if officials were right 100% of the time? Yes. But its getting tiring how you continue to moan about it. Football and bad decisions go hand in hand. Want perfect football? Play Fifa. Oh wait, even that's not perfect.

Herby007 said:
It is a fact that, in football, officials get decisions wrong. What happens during 90 minutes regarding goals scored/disallowed does not change. You can keep talking in hypotheticals but that fact does not change. Would it be better if officials were right 100% of the time? Yes. But its getting tiring how you continue to moan about it. Football and bad decisions go hand in hand. Want perfect football? Play Fifa. Oh wait, even that's not perfect.
Pretty valid point I'd say

Such a shame to end that way on what has been a great tournament for us. I can't help to think what could have been. Had we equalised against the Chileans as we were threatening to do or if we stayed ahead of the Dutch. Oh well. Valuable learning experience for the boys. Can't wait for the Asian Cup.

Such a shame to end that way on what has been a great tournament for us. I can't help to think what could have been. Had we equalised against the Chileans as we were threatening to do or if we stayed ahead of the Dutch. Oh well. Valuable learning experience for the boys. Can't wait for the Asian Cup.

Herby007 said:
Shoulda. Woulda. Coulda. 
;)

He is a disgrace. How many times does he have to do it before he gets a life ban? If I went to college and bit 3 people, I'd get thrown out.

I'd have gotten up an punched him if I was Chiellini, brake his nose.