Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

alonsofan46

mike96 said:
Platy said:
Great penalty under that much pressure.
Agreed, but I think we all saw it wasn't a penalty I think..

Still, it's unbelievable we achieved it!
Penalty to me, Ivory Coast player blocked Samaras' leg from striking the ball and was nowhere near the ball when it happened. It's a foul everywhere else on the pitch.

Suarez deserves to have the book thrown at him. To do it not once, not twice but three times is just disgusting. 

I don't think he has a mental problem as you see muppets like Stan Collymore claiming, but when he get's desperate and frustrated then something seems to go off inside his head. It's a shame as well because he'd done a lot better the last season in cutting out the dick-ish behaviour and I was starting to like him. 

FIFA have a great opportunity to set a standard here. They can't hide behind any BS excuses like it's the first time because it clearly isn't; and if he isn't banned from the World Cup and at the very least three-four months then they're gonna have to answer even more questions about their integrity. I'm not saying it as a fan of a rival team, but if Ferdinand can be banned for 8 months for missing one drugs test; then he should really be out for at least as long as that because he has previous and doesn't learn. 

Oh and he really should be arrested tbh. It's assault. If anybody normal did that they'd be locked up; but because he's a public figure and worth millions he'll get off lightly. Depressing thing is the majority of Liverpool fans will still play the victim role, then defend him, the season will kick off, he'll come back possibly leave for tens of millions of pounds and the whole thing will be forgotten about. 

Oh and he's racist. Lovely bloke that Luis. 

As an Italia fan...today was extremely disappointing. That red card was complete BS. Yellow Card *maybe*. yes, his foot came up, which is odd, but after multiple replay angles, the foot coming up looks more like he's trying to "whoa up" and turn as he was colliding with the other player.

After that, I knew it was over. Uruguay had a 1 man advantage and the refs on their side...

And don't get me started with Suarez...

Sigh.

Proven. 

And he said the same word about 7 or 8 times so he clearly knew what he was doing. 

John Terry may have used racist language yet it was in the heat of the moment and he said it once. 

SynGamer said:
As an Italia fan...today was extremely disappointing. That red card was complete BS. Yellow Card *maybe*. yes, his foot came up, which is odd, but after multiple replay angles, the foot coming up looks more like he's trying to "whoa up" and turn as he was colliding with the other player.

After that, I knew it was over. Uruguay had a 1 man advantage and the refs on their side...

And don't get me started with Suarez...

Sigh.
I was surprised at the time that the ref gave a red, but looking at the slow mo's after the game his foots right at the top of the Uruguay players shin and the studs are up so i can see why it was a red.

I see Prandelli has resigned too, thought the Italian FA might have tried to convince him to stay for Euro 2016

Suarez banned for 9 internationals, banned from all football activity for 4 months and cannot enter stadiums. 100,000 whatever fine and his next game will be v Newcastle on November 1st. 

And I still see some Liverpool fans defending him. One said that it was unfair because he didn't do any damage to Cheillini. HE. BIT. ANOTHER. HUMAN. BEING. 3. TIMES. 

Plus... 

Got to be thes best Photoshop I've ever seen.

EdMa said:
4 months is a long time to be fair, although I think it's his very last chance saloon. Unfortunately he's worth millions. If he was in League 2 he'd be in prison. 
yeah I think it'll be upgraded to a lifetime ban if he's caught doing it again definitely he has to  try to put a stop to this behaviour. By all means make an effort to try but he does tend to go over the limit more than he should.

Suarez: "After the impact … I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent. At that moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth. In no way [did] it happen how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite."

Uh, yeah. So after betraying the trust of all Liverpool fans, he then proceeds to take them for complete idiots? Right.

yugin96 said:
Suarez: "After the impact … I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent. At that moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth. In no way [did] it happen how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite."

Uh, yeah. So after betraying the trust of all Liverpool fans, he then proceeds to take them for complete idiots? Right.
To be fair, I can't blame him after seeing how Liverpool-fans have defended him and keep on defending him, no matter what he does.
Although I don't think this is Suarez treating other people like fools. This might just as well be Suarez fully believing what he says. You know how some people make up a story and ending up believing it, justifying their actions to shift blame. This might be Súarez doing the same.

I found a great piece on Suarez and how he has been protected by a bubble since childhood in the Guardian:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-giorgio-chiellini-violence-deceit
It's a relatively long read, so for anyone who is interested, now you know.