Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

This adds excitement. Costa Rica got the shock win and everything they get against Italy and England is a bonus. Meanwhile, Uruguay gets Suarez back and will probably go rampant, because they have to win and a desperate Uruguay is scary. A desperate Suarez even more.
AMS97KRR said:
I'm glad that happened because now England wont get complacent. If CRC had lost 3-0 then we'd be over confident. 
In a way so am I as I think it takes the pressure off us a little bit. We still can't afford to lose any of our games but at least now we know that if we don't then we're through because Uruguay have slipped up we just need to be sure we don't do the same
Reffing has me concerned so far...we REALLY need challenges or something. First yellow, totally legit. Second yellow card? NOT AT ALL. it was barely a foul, definitely not a yellow card. Completely changed the tone of the game.

While Uruguay fell apart towards the end, especially with that third yellow and then the red card, I still feel a bit bad for them based on the reprecussions of that second yellow.
He was awful all game apart from that one cross. The worst player on the pitch by a long, long way. He's played there for Man Utd in the past and been successful, but tonight he was just awful.

He has to be dropped for Lallana against Uruguay. Sturridge, Welbeck and Sterling provide too much threat for one of them to drop to make room for Rooney. Their pace can cause damage against that Uruguayan defence. Hopefully Hodgson realises this but I can see Rooney starting because of his name.

Now if only there was a way we could get Gary Neville in to replace Johnson at right back.
Wow. England really deserved something from that. Disappointed with the result, but the performance was decent from most players.

Johnson and Rooney should be dropped, I don't care if Jones has to play at RB, it is better than that total idiot Glenn "What am I doing at a World Cup" Johnson. 
And Wayne Rooney is awful. My nan could have put that away. He is on 300k a week and he can't finish from 10 yards into an empty bottom corner. Pathetic. Even Welbeck played better than him tonight. 

Harsh result, but atleast Uruguay lost too, if we play like that in the next two games it should be enough for a win. 

England didn't even play badly, but the finishing from Rooney was awful. If he isn't dropped next game there will be a riot outside the FA Headquarters, and I suspect I will not be the only one.