Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

alonsofan46

VetteIfan said:
Germany to win. Their only weakness is the lack of a lead world class striker. Dat midfield doe. It's too much for any team. 

It's pretty open though. Germany, Brazil, Spain and Argentina all have ridiculous squads. Then throw in several dark horses - Belgium, France, Italy and even Columbia - and I think we've got ourselves a mighty World Cup to look forward to.

Thing is, while many countries have squads that look good on paper, few actually have proven, consistent track records. It's the reason why I'm not expecting anyone outside of the first four teams you mentioned to win it. The others could give them a run for their money in individual games- but a run through the entire competition? Not likely.

Too many injuries for me, unless the players can recover and manage to get a few games in before the start of the WC. Plus Klose is leading the line for them and he's past his best. Not seen much of Volland.

I guess if they are struggling for strikers Reus, Podolski or Schurrle could go up top? Think they can play as strikers?

Too many injuries for me, unless the players can recover and manage to get a few games in before the start of the WC. Plus Klose is leading the line for them and he's past his best. Not seen much of Volland.

I guess if they are struggling for strikers Reus, Podolski or Schurrle could go up top? Think they can play as strikers?
I know Podolski can as he's impressed a lot in world cups up alongside Klose but if I remember rightly though the same was said in both 1990 and in 1996 and Germany won those tournaments. As I said above though I don't think they will win but you can never write Germany off  because anybody who does will most likely pay the price

Given the cheating they were given at the last world cup by Uraguay, I really want Ghana to perform. They should have been in the semi-finals had it not been for that hand-ball on the goal-line...
Cheating that got rightly punished for. Ghana would have made the semi-finals if Gyan didn't choke from 12 yards.

Platy said:
Given the cheating they were given at the last world cup by Uraguay, I really want Ghana to perform. They should have been in the semi-finals had it not been for that hand-ball on the goal-line...
Cheating that got rightly punished for. Ghana would have made the semi-finals if Gyan didn't choke from 12 yards.
He choked, yes, but the ball was practically in the net had it not been for the hand ball. Absolutely no denail. Penalties don't always come off, but it doesn't matter how you look at it, that shot was in...

For anyone who's interested, I've come up with this, a world cup predictor. For those of you who've never come across a football predictor before, this allows you to guess/fantasise out match results and predict how teams will fare at the tournament. It's all done in excel, and it straight forward to use.

How to:

For the group stages, fill out the results in the boxes. The points for each team will be calculated automatically, but unfortunately, the table does not sort it itself. You need to this manually by right clicking on the points column and the under 'sort', sort largest to smallest. This will update the table, and the fixtures for the last 16.

If you think goal difference will have an effect on the table, under 'sort', and then 'custom sort', you can set it to do points and then goal difference by clicking the 'add level' button in the top left. You can then sort by column 4 after column 3.

For the knockout stages, simply fill in the predicted scores. If you think it's going to be a draw, and decided on penalties, add a 'p' in the box to the right of the score. If you leave it as a draw, and don't decide on penalties, it will pick the top team by default, because of the logic statement I used

Feel free to use it for whatever purpose, and post screenshots or copies to let us all know how you see it panning out. Also, if there's enough interest, we could run a game, like the GP predictor on the other side. Anyone in?

Edit: Made a slight update as there was a flaw in how goal difference is calculated for some teams. Sould be good now

Trying to promote some of my artwork about the World Cup if anybody is interested. 

Would people like a giant WC calendar with all the fixtures/team/stadium info that they could download as a PDF or PSD file and print off as I'm looking at ways to promote my stuff more.

This is one of my pieces. 

sorry for the large size

Lukedfrt said:
England to win.

You heard it here! 
As much as I'd love to see England win and of course I will be supporting them I don't think we will if we ar lucky we might make it out the group stage but we will need luck and plenty of it given the group we have I think that's as good as it'll get though

Lukedfrt said:
Lukedfrt said:
Oh dear....
How do you think Scotland will do? :P

Scotland aren't in the tournament you silly billy :P
Exactly :D
Your lack of football knowledge is really showing ;)

I've arrived at the conclusion that Argentina will be in the final, beating spain in the semi's, and Germany in the Quaters.....

The other finalist will be Brazil imo, but gotta decide on whether Columbia will beat Italy or vice versa

EdMa said:
Trying to promote some of my artwork about the World Cup if anybody is interested. 

Would people like a giant WC calendar with all the fixtures/team/stadium info that they could download as a PDF or PSD file and print off as I'm looking at ways to promote my stuff more.

This is one of my pieces. 

sorry for the large size

I'll add it to the OP if you want.( Giving you credit of course.)