Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

alonsofan46

I don't see how the English players will cope with the heat, humidity, travel and skill of the opposition they are up against. History goes against an European team winning in South America and England aren't even in the top 5 of the European teams going to Brazil. 

Yes, they have a 1/32 chance. But as the saying goes. Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Herby007 said:
I don't see how the English players will cope with the heat, humidity, travel and skill of the opposition they are up against. History goes against an European team winning in South America and England aren't even in the top 5 of the European teams going to Brazil. 

Yes, they have a 1/32 chance. But as the saying goes. Lies, damn lies and statistics.
We have some good players though. I think Brazil will win, or Argentina. But if a European team wins, England might be the underdog in the latter stages, but then look at Greece in 2004.

This is part of the issue with England, they don't believe they'll win and they don't. Or they expect to just turn up and they will magically perform, which never happens. You have to believe you can do it, or you wont do it. Don't admit defeat before you are defeated England, do something for once!

well we did pretty well in the 2002 world cup in Japan if I recall and if it hadn't been for Brazil getting lucky I think we could have won there having said that though I don't think we have the players this time. The players that have played  world cyp football are all ageing warhorses now :p and the rest have never even been to one.

Brazil are the favourites in my eyes. Remembering back to the Confed Cup last summer the home crowd power for them was quite something. I think generally the European teams will struggle to deal with the heat. But its good to see Uncle Roy trying some simpler but probably quite effective ways of preparing them. The England players look pretty upbeat in training and I reckon they could have a good go. 

I don't think England will get anywhere near winning it. The way the draw is quarters would be a great achievement. Especially as I think England will come second in the group having drawn with Italy and Uruguay with it all riding on the Costa Rica game which England will win. Italy I think will lose to Uruguay though who will win all 3. Italy will beat Costa Rica as well. 

A possible dark horse after seeing a bit of their friendly the other night could be the French. It was only against Norway but they looked very organised, eager, worked together well as a team and had impact players like Remy off the bench. And they've got a much simpler group than most of the traditional big hitters.

Also sorry to possibly burst a bubble but I did some fact checking and Fulham weren't relegated that year and Liverpool came back from 2-0 down against West Ham a few years back to win on pens in the FA Cup Final. Would be cool though if all those things aligned. The team for things like that are the Italians, who always win after they've had some kind of match fixing scandal in their domestic leagues ;) 1982, 2006, 2014?