Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

Platy said:
Webb's been great.
Wouldn't say great. He had problems with the hard fouling by Brazil and Chile, because he failed to give a early yellow card to Fernandinho and then Francisco Silva. Then we just got responsive tackles, people kicking eachother and Webb had a hard time controlling it. It mellowed down in the second half and it did make the game more entertaining, but I think great is too big of a compliment for Webb.

I laughed my ass off at Marcelo, Fred, Hulk and Jo. Especially Jo and Marcelo. Oscar invisible again, Alves kept his cool for a while, but got typically sloppy at the end of the second half and extra time, David Luiz didn't know where he was half of the time. The only ones who deserves the rating are Thiago Silva and Neymar.
He's not that bad.

Anyway, continuing on from the kit discussion over in the football thread, some of the better World Cup kits.

Germany home with the white shorts.

Netherlands away.

Korea away.

USA home and away. Alex Morgan :x

Colombia home.

And Belgium away.

AMS97KRR said:
Netherlands deserved it. They kept going and got the goals, one was a penalty, but then they could have had one earlier. 
Mexico deserved it more . They were the better team. Anyway , the better team doesn't a;ways win.
They really weren't. Had a slight edge in the first half. Got the goal and got completely dominated throughout the second half. Looking at how Holland were denied two clear penalties, I wouldn't say Mexico deserved anything. Also, deserve got nothing to do with a football game.
Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Netherlands deserved it. They kept going and got the goals, one was a penalty, but then they could have had one earlier. 
Mexico deserved it more . They were the better team. Anyway , the better team doesn't a;ways win.
They really weren't. Had a slight edge in the first half. Got the goal and got completely dominated throughout the second half. Looking at how Holland were denied two clear penalties, I wouldn't say Mexico deserved anything. Also, deserve got nothing to do with a football game.
....like I just said. And they only got dominated after they scored . If any of the smaller teams like Mexico scored against Holland they would sit back and defend their lead. 
Why do I suddenly have to wait for approval on my posts?

Edit: and this one immediately comes through.

Whatever.

@alonsofan46
Sitting back and defending your lead does not equal getting dominated. You could be defending all day and still have full control over the game. If the opposition can't create any clear goal-scoring opportunities, while you have the more dangerous chances on the counter, then you are definitely not being dominated, even though the opposition probably has all the possession. This was not the case with Mexico. They conceded corner after corner, Ochoa saved two glorious opportunities where it was a 1v1 situation and almost sure goals, Mexico couldn't create any sort of opportunity when they tried going forward, Sneijder broke through the defence, Robben should've had a penalty and Mexico couldn't keep possession for over two touches before they had lost the ball.

Not only that, that wasn't because Mexico scored, it was because of Holland's formation change that caused all sorts of havoc and Mexico couldn't deal with it. In no way were they the better team.