Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

Herby007 said:
If Brazil see this through, Germany will destroy them.

EDIT: Eh, that win has pissed me off so much. Rodriguez got the shit kicked out of him. Beautiful free-kick from Luiz though. Germany will stuff em if they are missing Neymar as well as Silva. 

The first time I'll ever support Germany. 
Called it. I said to folk at work it would be 4-0 Germany. 7-1...incredible.
Today i've learned to not support any team besides São Paulo FC.

That's what happens when you try to create a relationship with another team.

The Gods of Football send a message to you to support only one team.

And please, make fun of me.
Ozil is wack. I know Torres is crap, that's long been established, but Ozil does nowhere near enough to justify a 42 and a half million fee. 

Okay so Arsenal's results picked up after he signed but that was more of a mental boost to the club rather than him getting goals and assists every week-which is what Ramsey did. 

Schurrle really should start ahead of him in the Final, but then he's better as an impact sub. 
EdMa said:
Ozil is wack. I know Torres is crap, that's long been established, but Ozil does nowhere near enough to justify a 42 and a half million fee. 

Okay so Arsenal's results picked up after he signed but that was more of a mental boost to the club rather than him getting goals and assists every week-which is what Ramsey did. 

Schurrle really should start ahead of him in the Final, but then he's better as an impact sub. 
Stats wise, Özil has a good World Cup. And to not solely rely on stats, I thought he was excellent yesterday. Good through balls, excellent runs which at times weren't picked up by his team-mates, had a couple of assists. The miss in front of goal is typical and he definitely needs to work at that. I also would like to see Özil take a game by the neck more and really assert himself into a game.

However, I also think we keep forgetting that Löw is putting him at the left wing in his formation, which basically makes it hard for him to dominate a game. In those circumstances, he becomes a role player who can't really do much more than the minimum. You won't really see him, but in general, his play will have to be very efficient and it has been thus far. Which is why I find it interesting you're mentioning Schürrle, who is also the type of player who doesn't ever really stand out in a game, can go completely invisible, but at the end, his effectiveness and efficiency means he'll always have a goal or two on his name. The difference is the price tag though, which means naturally you would want to see more out of Özil, but this is his role in that team for now and he's doing enough to be effective for the team.
VetteIfan said:
Germany to win. Their only weakness is the lack of a lead world class striker. Dat midfield doe. It's too much for any team. 
I don't normally like to show off or count chickens before they are hatched, but I'll leave my World Cup prediction from page 2 here :P
VetteIfan said:
VetteIfan said:
Germany to win. Their only weakness is the lack of a lead world class striker. Dat midfield doe. It's too much for any team. 
I don't normally like to show off or count chickens before they are hatched, but I'll leave my World Cup prediction from page 2 here :P
tbh I think you're right it's Germany's now unless Argentina or Holland can do what Germany did.
VetteIfan said:
VetteIfan said:
Well I don't think anyone expected you to make a different guess mr Vettel.

:P
Gui1 said:
Today i've learned to not support any team besides São Paulo FC.

That's what happens when you try to create a relationship with another team.

The Gods of Football send a message to you to support only one team.

And please, make fun of me.
Don't worry Brazil are usually pretty good usually. Just had a nightmare of a game happens to even the best teams every now and then. And to think that just 12 years ago we were beating that team 5-1 in a WC qualifier shows how much times change.