Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

alonsofan46

Platy said:
Best team this World Cup won.
I beg to differ. The Netherlands were marginally better imo. Argentina didn't really deserve to be in the final imo. The Netherlands should have been there instead.
Idk, the Dutch were poor against both Argentina and Costa Rica in the knock-out stages and against Australia in the group stages. Spain made them look better imo. Germany looked good against everyone, except for maybe Ghana. Germany were the better team in the tournament imo. The Dutch were one of the bigger surprises for me though.

Platy said:
Platy said:
Best team this World Cup won.
I beg to differ. The Netherlands were marginally better imo. Argentina didn't really deserve to be in the final imo. The Netherlands should have been there instead.
Idk, the Dutch were poor against both Argentina and Costa Rica in the knock-out stages and against Australia in the group stages. Spain made them look better imo. Germany looked good against everyone, except for maybe Ghana. Germany were the better team in the tournament imo. The Dutch were one of the bigger surprises for me though.
Germany were very poor against Algeria though. So much so I'd nearly say Algeria deserved to win. Like I said , it's marginal so it's going to come down to opinion. There is no clear cut best team.

Maybe being made captain would be the push that Wilshere needed to live up to his potential, look what happened to Ramsey after he was made captain for Wales. It'd take a brave man to make such a decision so it's pretty certain that Hodgson won't be making Wilshere captain.

Platy said:

Maybe being made captain would be the push that Wilshere needed to live up to his potential, look what happened to Ramsey after he was made captain for Wales. It'd take a brave man to make such a decision so it's pretty certain that Hodgson won't be making Wilshere captain.

I'm guessing Rooney will be made captain? Who else is up for it?  Hart?

MSC7 said:
Platy said:

Most likely Rooney, unfortunately. There's not really a good choice for a new captain.

Captains are overrated......

I don't know about that it can be sometimes very important to have a good leader it just needs to be the right person. Personally I'm not sure who's up to the task. I think Rooney's a good motivator which is a good attribute for a captain but his temperament is troubling given he has seen red on more than one occasion. I think he's the most likely candidate to take over but not too suer it gives me that much confidence in terms of doing any better in the Euro's

Platy said:
MSC7 said:
Platy said:

Most likely Rooney, unfortunately. There's not really a good choice for a new captain.

Oof unlucky