Jump to content Jump to content

UEFA EURO 2016 QUALIFIERS

alonsofan46

I'm surprised by the popular opinion that it's basically a head to head between Brazil and Argentina to win. Brazil I can understand, but Argentina are vulnerable at the back and I don't know if it can be cancelled out by their strength up front all tournament.

I put my bet on a Germany win earlier in the thread so I should probably stand by that, but Reus is a massive blow for them. Over the past 6 months he's been in "one of the top 5 players in the world" kind of form, and I thought he was going to set the World Cup on fire. Sad. 

VetteIfan said:
I'm surprised by the popular opinion that it's basically a head to head between Brazil and Argentina to win. Brazil I can understand, but Argentina are vulnerable at the back and I don't know if it can be cancelled out by their strength up front all tournament.

I put my bet on a Germany win earlier in the thread so I should probably stand by that, but Reus is a massive blow for them. Over the past 6 months he's been in "one of the top 5 players in the world" kind of form, and I thought he was going to set the World Cup on fire. Sad. 
I don't think Brasil can do it either. There is way too much pressure on them to perform. But Spain style and hot climate (compared to Germany at least) has me thinking they could retain their crown , despite me thinking they wouldn't do well earlier. 

VetteIfan said:

I'm sticking with what I originally thought earlier in the thread roo I could be wrong but I somehow think I'll be proved right.

Thank you Mike, I'll be sure to add them to my repertoire. I've also heard that players shout "fore!" before they kick the ball, and that if they miss the square with the net 3 times, someone shouts "strike!" and they get sent off the grass. Those good too?
You'll be fine. 

EDIT: Actually you're wrong, "strike" is when someone takes a free kick and knocks out every player that forms the "wall".