DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR Fixed When ?

The new Oculus SDK 6.0 is a huge step forward & increases gaming performance quite substantially because it takes the load off the game coding by making some many tasks automatically handled by the Oculus drivers.  All new stuff in prep for CV1 next year :)

And more totally awesome news from an interview with Paul Coleman on 10th June 
www.pcper.com/reviews/Editorial/DiRT-Rally-Chatting-Paul-Coleman-about-latest-Codemasters-Creation/Right-3-Over-Cr

Paul Coleman stated :- "Playing DiRT Rally with VR is amazing. Combine it with a motion seat and it takes things to another level. One of the coolest things about playing DiRT Rally with VR is that you notice how much gradient there is in our stages and that is something that gets a bit lost in a traditional display. We have had some meetings with Oculus and recently worked on the stereoscopic effect which was identified by the community as a issue. We have also changed our code to support the new SDK (0.6.0) and fixed the stereoscopic effect which is now correct and adjustable using the hardware config file (where you can specify a multiplier for the eye to eye distance)."

Totally awesome time for VR owners who love Rallying & Racing because Project Cars is updating to the new SDK as well !  B)

Is there any news regarding DR and the SDK7.0 update coming on the 20th?

I was having major FPS issues with what appears to be very low resolution image quality.  I am able to improve the jaggies a little by forcing AA via the graphics driver but, the image quality is still bad with a lot of image-flicker on movement in DK2.

Using RTSS to limit FPS to 75 did help smooth out the FPS for me but, image quality is still very bad and causes headaches quickly.

i wish i had my money back because this was a joke.

no oculus rift support months after you said you had it.

a joke.

Oculus Rift VR support for the Dk2 has been in since 0.5 and works brilliantly !  Only problem is that currently it does not work in SLI mode which limits the framerate. Hope the devs are aware of that and might be working on a fix for SLI/Crossfire in Direct Mode.

I'm interested in getting a Dev Kit 2 for a more realistic experience, good to hear it works!

Has there been any announcement concerning potential support of the SteamVR/HTC Vive headset at release?