Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR Fixed When ?

Would you kindly tell us if or when VR is going to be updated to work correctly, there are many Oculus Rift users who would like to know.  Not to mention that many of us purchased on Steam after reading that VR was working (it is not).  A month has passed and we still do not know what is going on, surely this is not in the too hard basket already ?

Big Lee you have time to make hour long videos telling how great Pines Peak is so please provide an answer from the devs about working VR. Please do not keep ignoring this issue as there are more VR users than you probably realise despite what some people in these forums try to propagate. Much appreciated, thanks.

I truly do not understand why this is ignored by the Community manager and the Devs,  it is very puzzling ! If they didn't wish to support it they could have just left any mention of VR working out of the promotion of the early access - no problem as we all know it is a devkit.  But fact is, it was stated it is working, so please at least do us the courtesy of telling us what is the problem.  

Codies, if you cannot fix it or do not want to spend time on it in the short term just be upfront and honest about it - I think we can all live with that but I just hate that we are totally ignored ... it is really poor form :(

These issues have been pointed out from day one. There's no way Codemasters havent heard of this, so I think we can assume that they have choosen to ignore this. I agree it's sad that they just doesnt come clean with a statement. :( 

Actually bought in this yesterday mainly because of rift support. I was hoping for a brilliant surprise like LFS with direct mode or something.

Is it not working at all?

I also was very surprised that I couldn´t configure my clutch and h-shifter. Did I miss something there, or will this be implemented later? This is pretty basic stuff for a sim, I think it should be in there.

There is quite a bit on the good side though, the visuals and sounds are on pretty high standards already, The physics seem to be pretty good as well, but I have only driven 30 minutes in the mini so far, mostly on gravel.

Support for a 900 degree wheel is also very high on my wishlist, it´s pretty much standard in the simracing community by now.

Looking fotward to the development of this :) 

why on earth do you need 900deg support for a rally game? that would be impossible to use

People go on about simulation, and then 900 degree steering. Rally cars don't have that much steering lock. Certainly not group b/80s cars onwards. They all have quick racks. 

Well, I was under the impression that there will be quite a few classic rally cars that maybe need a bit more steering lock than the modern ones. I am just not sure that the current limits will fit for all the cars.

But anyway, if all the cars offer steering racks that fit the limits you can scratch that wish of course. Much more important is clutch and h shifter support, though. I suppose we can agree on that? 

B8S4Alex said:

But anyway, if all the cars offer steering racks that fit the limits you can scratch that wish of course. Much more important is clutch and h shifter support, though. I suppose we can agree on that? 
What wheel setup are you using? Cutch and H shifter should be working for most now?

The point of having any race title recognise 900 degrees of rotation is simply to fully & accurately calibrate the wheel correctly. The race title then can auto configure the steering lock on a per car basis within those limits. It works correctly and accurately in many sim titles such as Project Cars, rFactor2 and Assetto Corsa all of which have cars with varying degrees of steering lock/ratio. 

I would think that CM will certainly be working on implementing exactly the same but early access beta does not have everything right away, as we well know. But the wheel/ffb system is apparently numero uno on their agenda ... unlike VR which, even the mention of by CM, appears to have disappeared without a trace into Oblivion. So much for our illustrious Community Manager and his empty bleets !

I have a fanatec gt2 wheel with the clubsport version 1 pedals. The brake and gas pedal work fine, I just didn´t even see an option for clutch anywhere in the settings. The shifter is a tsw h-shifter that usually works as a separate controller. 

Maybe I just overlooked something but I went through the options carefully and didn´t see anything. 

Shame about the VR support, that was the number 1 reason for getting this title for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for a working direct mode :)

https://instagram.com/p/3bINltHw2N/

Back on topic. it seems as though VR is getting worked on as we speak. The note at the top says it will likely be one more patch away.

Yeah Oculus are in this week to help us put on the final coat of polish, the update might not go in until towards the end of the month though (in our v0.5 update) but no promises - I'll update when I know more :)

What I want to know is why aren't you writing in the DiRT Rally book?! That one has blank pages instead of lines!

Yeah Oculus are in this week to help us put on the final coat of polish, the update might not go in until towards the end of the month though (in our v0.5 update) but no promises - I'll update when I know more :)
Good to hear. :)
Know if it will be using the 0.6.0 runtime? I'd assume so.
Once the VR update is in and working, I'll be purchasing for sure!

Thanks for letting us know ... best news yet !
Really do hope that it is fully & properly fixed so we can get stuck into some rallying :)

thanks for the heads up!

just waiting for proper oculus support to get back driving ;)