Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

[PC] [Audio] [F1 2019] No speech in game

Posted (edited)

No commentators or team radio in F1 2019.

I have read about changing language and back again which I have completed, also dialing back the audio quality in windows to DVD, no joy, if I switch from auto device to my simvibe soundcard I hear the radio engineer through my transducers, but switch back to teh auto device nothing in my headphones. Same in DX11 and DX12 versions.

I really am trying to get on with this F1 series, its my 4th attempt over the years sadly I always run into an issue I cannot resolve.

Edited by UP100
Added 'solved' prefix

Posted (edited)

Installed on my Desktop computer and all works okay, just doesn't seem to want to work on the gaming rig under auto, it does have multiple sound cards. Verified files in steam all okay, just reinstalled the MS Voice software the game installs, still the same. Sadly not much time to troubleshoot, unlike others my work load in the real world trebled over the last 4 weeks with this pandemic.

hardware_settings_config.xml

Edited by Blackerat
Addition

dxdiag better. 

And run Vsync ON. The audio update rate should be adjusted to framerate. 

Probably updates to your board and drivers.

Its a fresh install of windows and latest BIOS was installed, all done beginning of March.

3 hours ago, Blackerat said:

Its a fresh install of windows and latest BIOS was installed, all done beginning of March.

Without a dxdiag I can't help. Moving along.

Hi @Blackerat,

As @steviejay69 said, we would need a DXDiag to help diagnose your issue. Without it, it would be impossible to recommend some potential troubleshooting.

Also, please fill out the below:

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Thanks for the reply, will be a week before I get back on the gaming rig, if there is no known remedy I will just uninstall until I have more time, after this pandemic, runs everything else flawlessly, appreciate you need info, but I have no time to troubleshoot your game.

36 minutes ago, Blackerat said:

Thanks for the reply, will be a week before I get back on the gaming rig, if there is no known remedy I will just uninstall until I have more time, after this pandemic, runs everything else flawlessly, appreciate you need info, but I have no time to troubleshoot your game.

We're troubleshooting, you're running a diagnostic. A dxdiag takes 30 seconds including uploading, probably less time than it took you to type the reply.

I had the same problem suddenly and I now know what the problem was: I had changed the Audio Mode in my Realtek HD Audio-Manager to 7.1 Surround-Sound. With the 7.1-setting you can't hear any voices in-game, at least for me it doesn't work, I have only Stereo-Headphones. Changing back to normal Stereo-Mode brought back the in-game voices. I guess when you choose the 7.1-setting, the voices will be played on different audio-channels. I personally use the 7.1-Setting with my Stereo-Headphones for boosting up the volume in other programs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blackerat said:

Agreed with @steviejay69 here in full. If you would like us to try to troubleshoot and work with you @Blackerat to remedy the problem, the information we ask for is critical for us to help you. It looks like you've taken the time to join the forum for help on your issue.

If you are have no interest in providing us with the information we need, then there is no other alternative but to end your immediate support there.

@SlXNlNE, if could you provide the information as previously requested in the post and I'm sure myself and @steviejay69 would be happy to suggest some ideas for you.

Cheers sixnine, will give that a go, and when I get a chance and energy I will provide a DXdiag, probably next Sunday 🙂

Posted (edited)

@SlXNlNE Great info , thank you, switched to stereo in sound card properties and bingo now have commentators and team radio, I guess its being pushed to centre speaker on 5.1 I hoped it was as simple as that.

Thanks support you can close this now 🙂

Edited by Blackerat
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Blackerat said:

@SlXNlNE Great info , thank you, switched to stereo in sound card properties and bingo now have commentators and team radio, I guess its being pushed to centre speaker on 5.1 I hoped it was as simple as that.

Thanks support you can close this now 🙂

Thanks for posting the suggestion that worked for you. You can edit the thread title to include [SOLVED] I will get a moderator to flag the recommended post by @SlXNlNE