Jump to content Jump to content

Multiplayer Sound Problem


DANTHA

Recommended Posts

Hi together,

I write to you, because after several hours/days I don‘t have a solution.
I‘m not digi-native, but very digital-affine... no chance for me.

Setting:

PC Soundcard Speaker (Realtek High Definition Audio) ->> 3,5mm audio cable to amplifier for Sim Hub / Bodyshaker = here everything runs well.

PC Bluetooth Audio for Gaming Sound ->> Bose Headset (NF700 or Sound Sport... both Hands Free) = game sound is okay.

Problem: The online Lobby/Muliplayer audio behavior is very strange.

EITHER I don‘t get voices from other Muliplayer (game sound is okay), but I can use push to talk. When I press the push to talk button and speak, the speaker symbol get‘s white and other players are reacting but I can‘t hear them.

OR I change the WIN 10 Sound-Control-Panel-Setting (Playback: Headset to „Default Communication Device“ and Realtek Speaker to „Default“ / Recording: Headset Handsfree to „Default Communication Device“), that I hear the multiplayer voices in my headset (game sound is also okay), but nothing happens when I press push to talk = nobody hears me/no white speaker symbol.

When I disconnect the bluetooth connection, I get the complete game sound incl. multiplayer voices through the Bodyshaker (very damped).

I’ve also experimented with “Stereo-Mixer“ (in Control-Panel), or with „Virtual Audio Cable“ but without success.

Maybe I‘m wrong with some sub-menu setting in Sound-Control-Panel?!

It would be very nice to get a hint to manage this.

Thanks and kind regards from Stuttgart 

D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DANTHA said:

When I disconnect the bluetooth connection, I get the complete game sound incl. multiplayer voices through the Bodyshaker (very damped).

Here is the problem. The Bluetooth plus the unusual peripheral / connection. You say it connects via your audio jack - this will almost certainly confuse the audio driver (jack autodetection).

There is an advanced audio setting to separate all the outputs of a kind (input or output) you possibly need to separate them (or combine them and mute ones you don't need)*. 

You then need to choose the specific audio devices in Windows, setting the Bluetooth to be the default sound device and the default comms device. Then go into the game and select those specific devices. You can test the output in the in-game menu.

If you are using the Steam comms for audio the settings for that are in the Steam Settings (from the Steam client).

I have no idea how the Bodyshaker is supposed to work, even the Amazon page and a Googled video leaves me thinking it's just a speaker basically that vibrates more than it gives sound. (That sounds so rudimentary to me that Jeff speaking will tickle your backside - I'm being generous in what he's tickling here, I can think of worse pictures).

*This might then mean you need to group outputs so you get the speaker sound across the soundcard output.

But I don't think you can group the Bluetooth audio out with the on-board audio out (as it's a separate device), which makes the Bluetooth and the Bodyshaker incompatible. So you could get what you need with a front audio jack headset and the outputs combined to the Bodyshaker with the rear mic muted. That's my guess, it would be easier to be sure if I had the hardware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Here is the problem. The Bluetooth plus the unusual peripheral / connection. You say it connects via your audio jack - this will almost certainly confuse the audio driver (jack autodetection).

There is an advanced audio setting to separate all the outputs of a kind (input or output) you possibly need to separate them (or combine them and mute ones you don't need)*. 

You then need to choose the specific audio devices in Windows, setting the Bluetooth to be the default sound device and the default comms device. Then go into the game and select those specific devices. You can test the output in the in-game menu.

If you are using the Steam comms for audio the settings for that are in the Steam Settings (from the Steam client).

I have no idea how the Bodyshaker is supposed to work, even the Amazon page and a Googled video leaves me thinking it's just a speaker basically that vibrates more than it gives sound. (That sounds so rudimentary to me that Jeff speaking will tickle your backside - I'm being generous in what he's tickling here, I can think of worse pictures).

*This might then mean you need to group outputs so you get the speaker sound across the soundcard output.

But I don't think you can group the Bluetooth audio out with the on-board audio out (as it's a separate device), which makes the Bluetooth and the Bodyshaker incompatible. So you could get what you need with a front audio jack headset and the outputs combined to the Bodyshaker with the rear mic muted. That's my guess, it would be easier to be sure if I had the hardware.

Hey Steviejay69,

many many thanks for your great answer, I‘m very thankful.

In the meantime I found a solution.


Win 10 Sound-Control-Panel:

PLAYBACK: 

—> BT headset (default device)

—> Realtek Speaker (only active)

RECORDING:

—> separate 3,5mm jack mic from an older cellphone 🙂 (Realtek High Definition Audio - default device)

 

Bodyshaker like described above via Amplifier —> 3,5mm jack —> Soundcard —> Sim Hub (Output: Audio Speaker - Realtek High Definition Audio)

BTW: I don‘t have some irritations, it works really!! great because with Sim Hub you can adjust which frequency goes e.g. to front- and rear. Here I only use „Road rumble, Road vibration, Simulated road texture, and Speed„ and I can’t feel Jack‘s voice :))

Besides the 2 Bodyshaker I use 2 small vibration-motors, 1 for Brake and 1 for Gas-pedal. Controlled also via Sim Hub over an arduino uno. With Sim Hub you can exactly adjust the amount of slip, or vibrate only when locking, threshold, gain and and and 🙂

To make it complete for open wheeler feeling, I’ve mounted 2 small cpu-fans at my Wheelbase, also controlled via Sim Hub and Arduino. The fans getting controlled in relation to game speed... it’s working fantastic.

Thanks again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DANTHA said:

Hey Steviejay69,

many many thanks for your great answer, I‘m very thankful.

In the meantime I found a solution.


Win 10 Sound-Control-Panel:

PLAYBACK: 

—> BT headset (default device)

—> Realtek Speaker (only active)

RECORDING:

—> separate 3,5mm jack mic from an older cellphone 🙂 (Realtek High Definition Audio - default device)

 

Bodyshaker like described above via Amplifier —> 3,5mm jack —> Soundcard —> Sim Hub (Output: Audio Speaker - Realtek High Definition Audio)

BTW: I don‘t have some irritations, it works really!! great because with Sim Hub you can adjust which frequency goes e.g. to front- and rear. Here I only use „Road rumble, Road vibration, Simulated road texture, and Speed„ and I can’t feel Jack‘s voice :))

Besides the 2 Bodyshaker I use 2 small vibration-motors, 1 for Brake and 1 for Gas-pedal. Controlled also via Sim Hub over an arduino uno. With Sim Hub you can exactly adjust the amount of slip, or vibrate only when locking, threshold, gain and and and 🙂

To make it complete for open wheeler feeling, I’ve mounted 2 small cpu-fans at my Wheelbase, also controlled via Sim Hub and Arduino. The fans getting controlled in relation to game speed... it’s working fantastic.

Thanks again!

@DANTHA thanks for posting the solution you found, it's valuable!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...