Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

[F1 2019 PC Steam] Menu bug + crash

It was working with this same graphics card. Now I changed my CPU Phenom X4 to a Ryzen 5 1400 and this weird menu bug appers and the game crashes everytime I try to drive.

F12019-bug.jpg

DxDiag.txt

4 hours ago, RAFAGF said:

It was working with this same graphics card. Now I changed my CPU Phenom X4 to a Ryzen 5 1400 and this weird menu bug appers and the game crashes everytime I try to drive.

F12019-bug.jpg

DxDiag.txt

I've started a thread on the issues with AMD 20.2.2, I recommend you DDU and use 20.1.3, but this could be AMD chipset drivers

You did reinstall Windows when you upgraded the motherboard?

Yes, I already reinstalled the Windows. I removed 20.2.2 using DDU and installed 20.1.3 but the problem is the same.

3 hours ago, RAFAGF said:

I have also updated my AMD chipset drivers.

Other basic stuff like verifying the Steam files?

Have you tried removing and reinserting the HDMI cable at both ends (bear with me, but it's a simple check)? Can you connect to another display like a TV?

Can you delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before starting the game?

On 4/15/2020 at 4:14 AM, steviejay69 said:

Other basic stuff like verifying the Steam files?

Have you tried removing and reinserting the HDMI cable at both ends (bear with me, but it's a simple check)? Can you connect to another display like a TV?

Can you delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before starting the game?

I have tried these 3 steps but it is not working. The main problem is not menu, but the game crashes when I try to drive. The same crash occurs in F12018 and I receive the error attached.

PrtScr capture.jpg

I have tried these 3 steps but it is not working. The main problem is not menu, but the game crashes when I try to drive. The same crash occurs in F12018 and I receive the error attached.

PrtScr capture.jpg

D3D device removed. If you have a factory overclock on your GPU, remove it.

If you are not overclocking, turn VSYNC ON and cap the framerates.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:45 PM, RAFAGF said:

How to check if my GPU is factory overclocked?

Some come with 'AI' software (or such like) the basic idea is it works out your stable OC on GPU and GDDR memory clocks.

If you haven't installed any other utilities over the standard driver and you haven't used any tuning options within that driver (I have AMD, not Nvidia so I don't see the options anymore) then it's probably safe to assume you don't have one. But, as you have recently changed hardware, did you uprate your PSU? 

If you use the Power calculator

image.thumb.png.3742fe2b975b0c3559de9c8340649735.png

then you know what PSU rating to use. I would also make sure the PSU is at least 80% Bronze rated (the amount of the electrical energy converted to output power, the rest is lost as heat).

e.g I have a 550W Gold rated PSU so 550W x 0.8= 440W true

My power draw is 313W max so I hit 313/440= 71% load - bang inside the 50-80% window.

The AMD Phenom X4 is a 2007-08 era system. If you built the system at or around that time, I would probably look at replacing the PSU, especially if you are using adapters to feed the GPU and the like.

image.png.614ef421effe42fa9752d6ff7b183365.png

My PSU is a Thermaltake Smart 600W. I´m having problems only with F1 games.

Reset your page file management to "system managed".

Uninstall any Gigabyte tuning utilities you may be using.

Can you try without the headphones connected? (Full Driver if removing makes no difference).

What are your CPU temperatures? 

Please post your hardware_settings_config.xml

You had a crash with TiWorker.exe run sfc /scannow and  dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup from an elevated CMD prompt.

10 hours ago, RAFAGF said:

hardware_settings_config.xml

It is arleady "system managed"

There is no Gigabyte utilities installed.

The CPU temperatures are beetween 40 and 50C

Sfc command is ok. Dism is attached

dism.log

No report on the headphones?

How about GPU temperatures?

To be honest I'm looking at diagnostics next. @BarryBL I don't know if you can pass this to the devs as I can't eliminate the R7 300 hardware.

Try 20.4.1 (just install on top, no need for DDU) and if it's still an issue report it to AMD.

Headset disconnected or with the driver make no diference.

GPU reaches 67C in other games

20.4.1 did not solve the problem.

• Thanks 1

Change the AA to TAA from TAA Checkerboard. Just spotted it in the hardware_settings_config.xml

TAA is even worst .

I'm thinking if my graphics card is starting to die. Except F1 games, all games are running but occasionally some artifacts appears. How can I test if it is a hardware problem?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RAFAGF said:

TAA is even worst .

I'm thinking if my graphics card is starting to die. Except F1 games, all games are running but occasionally some artifacts appears. How can I test if it is a hardware problem?

Use Furmark

I can't really tell from your dxdiag what make and model your R7 370 4GB is.

Hopefully, this is close enough

I used Arctic Cooling MX4 on my RX580. The TIM was like a pad often found on laptop GPU/CPUs that is totally useless once it's been heated a few times. MX4 is grease, and it doesn't become less effective, doesn't dry out and doesn't go off and make a mechanical bond to the chip (can cause difficulty or damage when revisiting, not that I've needed to revisit MX4 (or MX2 for that matter).

Edited by steviejay69

What tests do you suggest with Furmark?

The thermal grease I have is GD900 I've been using at my CPU. Do you think is OK to use in GPU?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RAFAGF said:

What tests do you suggest with Furmark?

The thermal grease I have is GD900 I've been using at my CPU. Do you think is OK to use in GPU?

Torture test. When the GPU temp is over 80C you should stop. Most cards should sit at 65C-75C under full load and not increase. They may fluctuate 1-2C but this will be the thermal throttling limit. Even a slow increase is bad. A quick one, get ready to stop the test and close down.

Yes. I use MX4 for both. I've used it for years without issue. It would seem that there's maybe 1C either way between the two depending on which test you read. So it should be fine. It's more about how you apply it and whether you tighten the cooler (Heatsink/pipe and clean fans) properly. 

Don't be stingy but don't slap paste everywhere. Tighten screws evenly and progressively. When they bite, there's no need to overtighten. A quarter turn, max. When you hit a stop, stop!

Edited by steviejay69

It was reaching almost 80C and I stopped the stress test. Then I replaced thermal grease and now is stable around 65C. But the issues with F1 games still occurs. Artifacts at game Recore also appears but many other games are OK. Do you think there is permanent damage at my graphics card that can cause these problems?

1976184200_ReCore23_04_202022_11_46.thumb.png.f26f8c3ac0944752b044258e37095d1b.png

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, RAFAGF said:

It was reaching almost 80C and I stopped the stress test. Then I replaced thermal grease and now is stable around 65C. But the issues with F1 games still occurs. Artifacts at game Recore also appears but many other games are OK. Do you think there is permanent damage at my graphics card that can cause these problems?

1976184200_ReCore23_04_202022_11_46.thumb.png.f26f8c3ac0944752b044258e37095d1b.png

What kind of framerate are you running? The R7 370 doesn't support Freesync (your monitor allegedly does but I can find only a 60Hz refresh in the spec.)

V-SYNC should be on and 60Hz (try 59Hz as well)? in-game.

https://www.displayninja.com/freesync-monitor-list/

Samsung C27F390FHC 27″ 1920×1080 VA 75Hz 48-72Hz No

All things considered, the R7 370 is quite old. You've made the necessary mods, it is a DX11 card so maybe run the game in DX11 mode?

(If it is F1 2018 it is DX11, unless you've opted into the DX12 beta - but that carries the 'Work In Progress' banner, even when you then use the DX11 mode.)

The only other thing I haven't tested is the capabilities of the A320 chipset, all the AMD builds I've had are B450.

Edited by steviejay69

We can only aim at memory diagnostics next. Try Memtest86 (I assume your memory is a single stick?) Test singlely for best results. You will need a USB stick.

Yes, I run on Directx 11. I have tested at 59Hz too. I have also tested with another RAM memories, but I will run Memtest anyway. Do you guess it is incompatibility with A320 and my graphics card is Ok?

Posted (edited)

Yes, I run on Directx 11. I have tested at 59Hz too. I have also tested with another RAM memories, but I will run Memtest anyway. Do you guess it is incompatibility with A320 and my graphics card is Ok?

Quite honestly, IDK.

I know much more about hardware I've actually used or can test. Let's see what the Memtest returns. The only other factor might be the speed at which the RAM is running (2667MHz should be ideal). Can you tell me the name of the module so I can look up it's spec? 

Can I just check you updated BIOS to F50 (or any above F40) via F32?

CPU temps seem ok (40-50) but is that idle or load, are you using Wraith Stealth (supplied with R5 1400)? It would seem OK for idle if you were but if that is under load then you're using some other CPU cooling (maybe WC)? Sometimes, the software for Corsair has been known to interfere with games.

Finally two of the dumps are USB 3 related - revisiting the dxdiag I can see a VIA USB 3.0 controller? Is that an add-in card or hub? Can you remove it for testing please?

Also if you can list the USB devices - keyboard and mouse I get (try using the USB 2.0 connectors on the rear panel under the LAN port) also a device with vendor ID Gear Head? And the CMI sound device I believe is a headset? - remove this also. Also, front USB will be 2.0 if you used twin motherboard headers (12 on mobo layout in manual), they will be USB 3.0 if using the USB composite (11).

But I am unsure. If you list any add-in cards, connected USB devices and where; that might be easier than me trying to translate lots of Portuguese and looking up VEN/DEV IDs.

But hey, you've improved the cooling on the R7 370. We've got some bonus!

Edited by steviejay69