DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt setup thread

Right then, if you feel like sharing your car setups, post them here. Since there are no actual setup files within the game folders, one has to screenshot the main setup window, and all subwindows within the advanced setup menus. It adds up to some ten screenshots. I uploaded mine to imgur, but I suppose if you all feel like uploading to photobucket and the likes it would work just as well.

http://imgur.com/a/iQZLO

Let the sharing begin!

interesting, but how did you come to these figures ? if you changed so many variables? there is no real pointers as to what helps.

my settings are just stock . i know i can do your time maybe quicker. thats why im interested in what is optimum figures.

infact this could be made game setting where you just mirror peoples set ups.other car games do this.

Oh I don't think I edited anything in advanced setup really... I just posted them in case some of their values changed when adjusting the ones in the main window - that I poked around with until the car felt nice. :)

I have now done a 5:27.4 on Sweet Lamb after adjusting front and rear differential closer to their default valies ... in other words almost all the way to the right! Tick-tick-tick!

The car seemed more cooperative to me afterwards, and I did a great time.

well apparently soon you will be able to copy players set ups which will be great to testing what does and doesnt work. 

as a casual gamer, I WASN'T EVEN AWARE of  these options.
I'm still fiddling on the way Codie has set numerical numbers for selection of settings.
I'll have to investigate and see for myself  how these options will affect my driving

much appreciate once again Porkhammer

here's my FFB  settings

[spoiler]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<FFBEffects soloRampRate="1000" soloAttenuation="0">

<FFBEffectSelfAligningTorque device="wheel" scale="1.0"/>

<FFBlateral device="wheel" scale="1.0" velocityFactor="0.03" frictionGripScalar="60.0" frictionSurfaceScalar="5.0"/>

<FFBCollision device="wheel" scale="1.0" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.3" sample="smallCollisionWheel"/>
<FFBCollision device="wheel" scale="1.0" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.6" sample="largeCollisionWheel"/>

<FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="1.0" thresholdLow="2.5" thresholdHigh="20.0" freq="5" length="0.4" sample="suspensionWheel"/>

<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="0.07" thresholdLow="0.01" thresholdHigh="0.6" damageZone="0" freq="20.0" length="0.1" sample="scrapeCollisionLow"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="0.07" thresholdLow="0.01" thresholdHigh="0.6" damageZone="0" freq="20.0" length="0.1" sample="scrapeCollisionHigh"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.0" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.2" sample="smallCollisionLow"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.0" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.2" sample="smallCollisionHigh"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.5" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.5" sample="largeCollisionLow"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.5" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.5" sample="largeCollisionHigh"/>

<FFBSkid device="pad" scale="0.55" thresholdLow="0.9" thresholdHigh="1.1" thresholdMin="3.0" freqLow="4" freqHigh="30.0" load="1.0" length="0.2" sample="skidBack"/>
<FFBSkid device="pad" scale="0.45" thresholdLow="1.0" thresholdHigh="1.3" thresholdMin="3.0" freqLow="16.0" freqHigh="16.0" load="1.0" length="0.1" sample="skidFront"/>

<FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="2.0" thresholdLow="1.7" thresholdHigh="20.0" length="0.25" freq="10" sample="suspensionR1"/>
<FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="0.045" thresholdLow="0.06" thresholdHigh="1.0" length="0.1" freq="5" sample="suspensionL1"/>

<FFBRevs device="wheel" scale="0.1" thresholdLow="0.1" thresholdHigh="1.2" freqLow="1" freqHigh="20.0" scaleLow="0.2" scaleHigh="0.95" length="0.1" sample="revEffect"/>

<FFBSample name="scrapeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="61125521121"/>
<FFBSample name="scrapeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98721" channel="1"/>

<FFBSample name="smallCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="986454321"/>
<FFBSample name="smallCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="982312531"/>
<FFBSample name="smallCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="986454321" channel="1"/>
<FFBSample name="smallCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="982312531" channel="1"/>

<FFBSample name="skidBack" wave="9" envelope="9" channel="0" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="skidFront" wave="9" envelope="9" channel="1" solo="1"/>

<FFBSample name="largeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="98675462584" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="98765432629" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98675462594" channel="1" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98765432628" channel="1" solo="1"/>

<FFBSample name="suspensionR1" wave="9" envelope="9564720" channel="0"/>
<FFBSample name="suspensionL1" wave="1" envelope="9564720" channel="1"/>

<FFBSample name="revEffect" wave="91" envelope="9" channel="1"/>

<FFBSample name="smallCollisionWheel" wave="124689" envelope="97654321000"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionWheel" wave="5697641345" envelope="9879987542312"/>

<FFBSample name="suspensionWheel" wave="64" envelope="9"/>

</FFBEffects>
[/spoiler]

here's my Pike Peak initial run with settings in the beginning 

http://youtu.be/OTaOja9OsPE

I'm still fiddling with my settings....since I'm not a car guy, I really don't know how it's affecting every changes.
This is one the Pikes Peak Audi Sports Quattro S1
http://imgur.com/a/wlHmW
I'll post a video later....please understand that its my lack of  memory of  the Sector 3 that affects my driving (breaking too early or late....unsure if that's a hairpin turn of just a turn 6, etc)
Plus having wrap my brain on why the gear switches so soon on my settings during my try of Sector 3 

http://youtu.be/mVw_ynUwt3k

Shame threads like this don't really start off.
Anyone kind enough to share a decent setup for the lancia stratos on monte carlo?

Anyone able to recommend a setup to get rid or at least ease the horrendous under steer the 405 T16 suffered from? It's like driving a badly handling fwd not 4wd!

Probably fully open the front diff and turn all the numbers in the advanced part to 0%, assuming they still have an impact when the torque split is 0/100. Presumably braking would still apply some torque in which case the diff might still be locking under braking and causing understeer even though the car is set up as rear wheel drive. I haven't done enough pikes peak really, just enough to upgrade the cars but didn't mess with the setups much.

I run with default setup most of the time with some minor adjustments to suspension and damping depending on the stage.

sorry to jump in this setup thread like this, but i have my car setup ok ish, i just seem to be having problems keeping it in a straight line on the longer straights, only have the first 2 cars, the mini and the other one, but it's really slowing me down, any tips? thanks.

Nakchee said:
sorry to jump in this setup thread like this, but i have my car setup ok ish, i just seem to be having problems keeping it in a straight line on the longer straights, only have the first 2 cars, the mini and the other one, but it's really slowing me down, any tips? thanks.
Maybe adjust your damping and suspension settings to be more firm, it keeps your car more steady on the road, only downside is that it makes your car very stiff, which could result in a lot of flying around, other option if you are using the steering wheel, is checking the degrees of rotation, default setup should be something like 540 degrees, the mini could be using more like 900, but that might be a bit too much steering, try it and see what suits you best, I used to drive a lot with 270 degrees of rotation, seems to be ideal for making good times, but the real challenge is obviously mimicking reality.

so whats the best set up for the pug 205 ? i only change gears to short and long with it. mainly for wales tracks.

dgeesi0 said:
so whats the best set up for the pug 205 ? i only change gears to short and long with it. mainly for wales tracks.
I set the rear diff to encourage oversteer a LOT and matched the viscious diff with it. It's a really oversteery setup, but with the right control and grip management it's a blast, and it's somewhat fast.

I don't know if there is a best setup, but depending on the stage I might adjust the suspension, damping, gearing and induvidual gearing to get the nicely tuned up to each other, other then that I don't really touch the Differential because I don't really know how it works, I did watch a how does it work videos of it, I sort of know how it works, but I have no idea what I change in the setup once I make an adjustment, so I generally go with default with the Diff. If it's the Lancia S4 I will adjust the suspension and damping right away if it's Wales I'm driving, very sensitive  to bumps, the 205 is a little less sensitive to it, so easier to tune, but you have to adjust what you think drives nice, just try it.

Ok so this is my Fiesta WRC Asphalt setup for the benefit of @Benniz 

All that's been changed in advance setup is the brake pressure. I need to mess around with the suspension settings, as it still seems a bit stiff on Germany.

Sounds good! Same setup for Monte and Germany, only longer gearing for Germany? I'll test it when I am home from my holidays.