DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt setup thread

hopefully the feature they working on where you copy players set ups is added to this game.

it would be really helpful for all players.

kick up did say it should be added as did lee before.fingers crossed.

Anyone knows how to get rid of that colossal understeer in the 405 T16 PP?
Maybe play around with the diffs? Both the center and the rear diffs by default are set to stronges. In the description for the center one it said that a strong center diff can cause understeer or oversteer depending on the car. I did put it more towards the middle, but I'm not sure that fixed it, because I also firmed up the suspension and changed break bias, more towards the front. It sort of made it feel a bit better to drive. The firmer suspension somewhat got rid of the floaty feeling and the more front bias brakes (maybe 45/55) helped reduce oversteer under braking.
Nor really sure abou ndersteer, but for me the 405 oversteers a bit too much  

I only find that the 405 oversteers out of slow corners, but everywhere else it barely turns in at all. Fiddling with the diffs didn't do much, so I guess I have to live with it. I just want to grab a few more seconds out of my 8:25 PB.

I only find that the 405 oversteers out of slow corners, but everywhere else it barely turns in at all. Fiddling with the diffs didn't do much, so I guess I have to live with it. I just want to grab a few more seconds out of my 8:25 PB.

Anyone knows how to get rid of that colossal understeer in the 405 T16 PP?
You can reduce it, but not remove it. Theres a couple of thing that may help:
1) loose front antiroll bars(maxed) and the rear just a bit less than default
2) soften suspensions and low height (front and rear)
3) add -0.12 toe at front and like +0.30 rear toe. Try also putting some front camber (negative, like -1.00)
4)DIFS: 25% front, center 32% (maxed to rear), 55% rear

This works fine from my POV

PS: I work hard with handbrake with 405 BTW... cause is a natural understeerer

http://imgur.com/a/WSUkv

http://imgur.com/a/WSUkv                                            
Link doesn't work.

Bug or not in the newest update: Audi Quattro S1 can only adjust rear diff in the setup screen?

So, now that more of the cars got the V2 physics update... when it comes to amending the default set-up, what are everybody's go-to tweaks? For general gravel and for tarmac stages. 

still would love a proper guide by the devs as to what to change and why. also the copy player set ups. which was being added at some point.

dgeesi0 said:
still would love a proper guide by the devs as to what to change and why. also the copy player set ups. which was being added at some point.
Me too. I've been a consistent and avid follower of rally and other motorsports since I was a lad, however some of the set-up aspects for certain cars get lost on me, if it's beyond very general tweaks.

I almost never go into the advanced damper options, etc. because I'm not too sure what I'm doing.

I'd very much like to know what I'm doing because it would probably stop the 037 from kicking out like a donkey when I land a jump in Finland! 

Oh I don't think I edited anything in advanced setup really... I just posted them in case some of their values changed when adjusting the ones in the main window - that I poked around with until the car felt nice. :)

Feeling nice is good :)

I have downloaded setups in other (nameless!) sims and sure they have been fast but felt nothing like driving a car. Sims have come a long way (and I love them) but mirroring real world setups as the best option for both real world and sim is still some way off, especially when we factor in the myriad of hardware we have and how it is configured.

I'm watching an interview with a physicist talking about how hard it is to do cars. Apparently planes are significantly easier.

I've never been very good at games, rather pretty average in racing sims, but in this game I've made a few top 10's in weekly and monthly and maybe once in a daily.
The ONLY thing I have a slight idea is about the suspension, and that's the one thing I modify, and if that gets me close to the top, it must be by far, if not the only, important factor in the setup.

Would anyone happen to know exactly what I'm supposed to do with the dampers of the Lancia Delta S4 to keep it more on the road? It flies around and bounces out of control like mad, no matter how fluffy I make the suspension and antirollbars. I need it just a little bit more planted, and dampers are the only things I don't understand so...

Would anyone happen to know exactly what I'm supposed to do with the dampers of the Lancia Delta S4 to keep it more on the road? It flies around and bounces out of control like mad, no matter how fluffy I make the suspension and antirollbars. I need it just a little bit more planted, and dampers are the only things I don't understand so...
Aren't dampers, well, dampers of the suspension? They adjust how quickly the springs and suspension move.

JZStudios said:
Aren't dampers, well, dampers of the suspension? They adjust how quickly the springs and suspension move.
I know what they do, but I want to know how exactly to adjust them to make the car have more contact with the road. :p

JZStudios said:
I know what they do, but I want to know how exactly to adjust them to make the car have more contact with the road. :p
well, some cars are a little bouncy by themselves, like the audi and the s4.
With lots of jums, like in Finland, you should try to keep the anti roll bars down.
I did some testing and the higher you put your anti rolls bars, the more you damage your suspension, thus your suspension performs worse with every jump.
also makes problems with bigger jumps, but it won't change anything about the bouncing around thingy.
Couldn't really find a satisfying solution when it comes to that.

a setup for wrc mini???  evrything i've tried not working. even workshop don't have anything interesting...

i become mad on masters championsship with that car on finland :D :D :D

I've made sexy finland setups for mini. Just try it   :) <3
you have a lot of nice setups  ;)  but this car in finland...............   argh!!!!  :D

Maybe you are distracted by the huge dashboard. xD 
no, fact is that the traction is very poor  on corners in finland,   no matter the setting