Pace notes again!!! Make them earlier

Please Please please, can you patch the pace note timing slider? So it can be moved earlier still? I'm doing some runs Group A Integrale in New Zealand, set earliest as possible I'm on top of nearly every corner as it's called, this is so wrong for the fast guys, I want the corner called anything up to 3 corners sooner sometimes  for my speed especially on the twisty stuff. This really is spoiling an excellent game for me, I don't want and shouldn't have to commit stages to memory. Ask any professional rally driver how very wrong this would be.  Yes there have always been drivers with "local" knowledge but generally a driver has to trust the notes. Again please fix this. 

On 4/14/2020 at 10:37 AM, fillipfilloppe said:

Please Please please, can you patch the pace note timing slider? So it can be moved earlier still? I'm doing some runs Group A Integrale in New Zealand, set earliest as possible I'm on top of nearly every corner as it's called, this is so wrong for the fast guys, I want the corner called anything up to 3 corners sooner sometimes  for my speed especially on the twisty stuff. This really is spoiling an excellent game for me, I don't want and shouldn't have to commit stages to memory. Ask any professional rally driver how very wrong this would be.  Yes there have always been drivers with "local" knowledge but generally a driver has to trust the notes. Again please fix this. 

Had someone on here the last time I was here, tell me I should know the track 3 corners ahead lol.

There needs to be a lot more options on pace notes imo, including altering them.

Having players manually adjust the notes. Not going to happen for this title.

That being said, I know some tweaks are being planned for Scotland calls. I don't know if it's the timing or not, but I know the volume is being addressed based on player feedback.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/18/2020 at 11:37 PM, PJTierney said:

Having players manually adjust the notes. Not going to happen for this title.

That being said, I know some tweaks are being planned for Scotland calls. I don't know if it's the timing or not, but I know the volume is being addressed based on player feedback.

PJ how big a job is it to make the timing range slider give an even  earlier setting? 

I think the timing of the pace notes is even more off when watching a replay. At least I noticed in one of my replays that the calls were coming earlier.

I really hope they address the pace notes in future title(s). They've pretty much nailed the driving part, but co-driving is an important aspect of rallying! I'd love to have the possibility of setting my own pace notes or at the very least to modify the existing ones. Most of the time I find the timing to be OK, but sometimes a note comes way too late and off we go.. The biggest problem is in fast and twisty sections where to co-driver might go "Five left over crest into four right... tightens... into three." There's a delay with "tightens" and "into three" that makes it impossible to adjust your driving proactively before taking  the first "five left". It's just survival at that point. Often it might have as well said "tightens into a tree", which is what usually happens.

You can set the pacenotes to be called much earlier or later... in the settings no? Or is this not enough...