DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Colin McRae challenge - Wales 1995 in the wet

OK, really enjoying the Colin McRae DLC and the scenarios.

What still frustrates me with a particular challenge though is the 5 stage wales 1995 challenge where I am supposed to win the rally by over 30 seconds

The odds are heavily weighted against me because clearly the AI dont suffer from the surface degradation or the wet weather. You have to be so precise on throttle on wet mud with very little grip.

Plus, really struggling with a setup for the wet gravel, just no grip at all, especially in the slow corners. I'm using the GTR technical setups from YouTube.

Any tips?

Posted (edited)

I think it's hard to give driving tips so this might not be of great help, idk, but you need to keep an eye on 2nd place between stages. Basically and you need to be at least 6 seconds faster than anyone in the first stage, then you need to beat 2nd place by at least 6 seconds in every stage of the event. Sometimes it's the same guy in 2nd troughout the event but sometimes they swap places, so just keep an eye on event standing and try to beat 2nd place by at least 6 seconds per stage. 

Only klick 'continue' to the next stage if you're ahead, otherwise it'll be difficult to get to 30 seconds. 

Edited by richie

Posted (edited)

i used his setup on that challenge aswell and i think i lowered all diffs with 2, soft bump by 2, springs by 1 and anti rollbars by 1. Probably not the ultimate tweak but i got the challenge done 🙂

Edited by somethingthing

You want to allow more roll in wet conditions so a softer setup might help 

• Agree 1

I just did this scenario on very hard and won by 1:25 and I’m a lowly console peasant using a controller. All I did to the setup was lower the ride height by 3 clicks and ran soft tyres for the first 2 stages and mediums on the last 3. Don’t forget you can hit restart without any penalty. 

F97B89A7-22EA-412E-A0AD-0EB565AFE5FC.jpeg

• Like 1