Jump to content Jump to content

Great news on the corner cutting. Sounds like a proper system in place for Autosport.  

Now can we have a revelation that you guys have seen the light and wont be putting flashbacks in online playlists, and there will be a random grid order.

Then we can have a proper racing game. 
:D

No, we dont need a hardcore playlist.  That separates everybody.  The online playlists are going to be full damage.  That has been confirmed. Thats great.    

Im just trying to get codemasters to take the final leap, and turn off flashbacks by default in the online playlist. 

Its a very small thing, but they affect the gameplay massively.  They should never have been used in an online playlist...EVER. 

Codemasters really needs to get this one right.  The first time. 
No, we dont need a hardcore playlist. That separates everybody

You don't need It. Hardcore playlist is important so the people who play assists off can gather together quickly and enjoy the challenge under equal conditions, without the need of being relegated to private lobbies only.
Gui1 said:
I have no idea how a flashback is going to work online. Video anywhere?
its like reset car about....

i dont like flashbacks too , but at elast we have the custom lobbies option... L-)
About custom lobbies options , i want clean letters and colors , not as grid 2 that they were too dark and i could not see the options well.. B-) 8-}

gor said:
Flashback is just killing concept of a racing. 

I can see why some don't like it I know I use them mosdtly either to correct mistakes or tyo ditch an unfair penalty I've fwlt I've been given in the game but that's only in single player moed I find it does help especially on tracks that I'm not that familiar with too Maybe they don't work too well online but offline they definitely serve their uses 
Maybe creating a poll would be nice?

I agree on the flashbacks. Offline yes, online no. As said it's killing the racing experience and on top of that it cheating. They shoudn't have been invented in the first place!

If you are going to build a "relationship" with a car or a team you will be carefull with the stuff you drive. You will maintain it properly and you will race it accordingly. Flashbacks just ruin the racing experience in general. Making mistakes is part of life so it is in playing a game. You don't get a "rewind" feature in a FPS. 

It is that awkward middle ground that CM always find themselves in trying to be a mix of casual/arcade and simulation. Unfortunately flashbacks are now in CMs DNA (and now Forzas as well...), so they won't ever get rid of them altogether but removing them from online would reduce the pain.
I wouldn't mind flashbacks as long as there existed hardcore assists/flashbacks OFF playlists where the people could gather quickly and enjoy themselves on quick races, like CM beloved casual audience can do always in the public playlists for instance.

"But no no.., you hardcore insects go and run your own lobbies. ., you hardcore lessers don't have rights here, understand?, you shall swallow with anything the casual need, because the casual is our true market target, not you who are part of a "hypothetical" minority. We will give them anything they need no matter we have to dumb down the game and the experience to a point It doesn't even make sense (Grid2, Dirt2 and 3, etc)."

Flashbacks are unfair by nature, just like the mandatory of assists-off players having to play with assists-on users in publick playlists, just because CM idea of equality, and not just CM btw (looking at Forza too, which public playlists are, simply speaking, a joke, with everybody pros included using assists).

Kill any reminiscence of challenge in the name of the casual, and also in the name of the so called "possibility of choice".
hola said:
No, we dont need a hardcore playlist. That separates everybody

You don't need It. Hardcore playlist is important so the people who play assists off can gather together quickly and enjoy the challenge under equal conditions, without the need of being relegated to private lobbies only.

I dont need it.  I dont care if people want to use assists or not, that doesnt affect me. 
The entire game should be what you call "hardcore".  But it really should not be classed as hardcore,  its just how racing should be.  If you crash you crash, if that wrecks your car, tough! Dont crash.  

If someone is using assists then someone who is not using assists should be able to beat the player who needs assists. 

Purple44 said:
From what Loore said, this time around, players using no assists will be faster than players using assists.

@P308R, a poll has been done: ;)

Flashbacks in online races Yes/No?

10 yes votes

54 no votes

84% of online players in the forum,
think it best not to have Flashbacks online.

Your calculation is wrong.

(1-(10/54))*100 = 81.48%

Pedantic, maybe. Believer in statistical correctness, definitely.

Edit: Okay, just found out that the results are coming from elsewhere. I'll leave the formula just in case *somebody* finds it useful. ;)
It's 54/64.

I don't use Flashbacks; would rather use Restart.  But this is pretty sloppy.  "84% of online players in the forum think it best not to have Flashbacks online."  - Doesn't compute.  The per cent is correct as far as poll respondents go, but it's a very large and unwarranted leap to apply the results to all online players in the forum.  May be a fair representation, or not, but this poll doesn't warrant the conclusion here.  The total number of online players in the forum hasn't even been established.

Are you tired, Purp? :-S

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player/
RubyRuby said:
It's 54/64.

I don't use Flashbacks; would rather use Restart.  But this is pretty sloppy.  "84% of online players in the forum think it best not to have Flashbacks online."  - Doesn't compute.  The per cent is correct as far as poll respondents go, but it's a very large and unwarranted leap to apply the results to all online players in the forum.  May be a fair representation, or not, but this poll doesn't warrant the conclusion here.  The total number of online players in the forum hasn't even been established.

Frank
Totally agree, Frank. The rather small set of 64 votes is way too small to come to any meaningful conclusion. Who knows, this *may* show that there are only 54 people total who are against flashbacks.

And yes, your formula is correct - I was calculating something else. ;) I'd been up 42hrs at that point. lol
RubyRuby said:
It's 54/64.

Frank

I sorry!! I should of worded that better. :\">

84% of the people that voted, think it best not to have Flashbacks online.

CM should put a poll out there. Not just on this forum.  

They dont realise the mistake they are making. They are not interested.  I think CM themselves cant complete 1 lap of any track without needing a flashback.  Why else would such a stupid feature be added?.  

Just to clarify, as I keep reading people mentioning  things about singleplayer having flashbacks. .  

This thread was to ask for:

no flashbacks in

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER Playlists

:D

I havent yet read any decent and valid point for having them in online.   I wont be reading one either............there simply not needed or wanted.  This is a racing game.  Racing doesnt involve flashbacks. 
i don t like flashbacks too , i am not gonna use the both offline and online  [-(   [-X  but i have not so big problem about them as i will play mainly in custom lobbies with flashbacks off..
if there is and a hard core playlist without flashbacks its even better... :-??
what i desperately want to see is text chat and spectating mode online...  [-O<