[PC] weekly event - competition points for Q task missing?

I'm new to this game and it's my first weekly event GP race (also did the Hockenheim event the week before), so maybe I'm missing something, but I was confused when my 80 competition points for the Q task were suddenly missing. After P2, I've had 80/80/50/50/80(Q)/0/30 points, as the first screenshot shows. Makes 370 competition points in total. After P3, I have 430 points and gained 60 during P3, but those 60 points are only for improving task 3 and 4. I also did task 6 in P3 and got 80 points for that, so the gain should have been 140 points, but at the end of P3, the overview shows my 80 points for the Q task missing.

Basically, the screenshots tell it all, I think. Did I do something wrong, was I supposed to do the Q task in P3 as well? It's weird, because during P3 the display still had the Q task as finished in purple, so I didn't think I would have to do this task in P3 again?!?

Besides: I only have 30/50 for team goals, but that's on me, because I've only noticed those team goals during the last minute of P3, since I had thought that the 6 training tasks already were those team goals. As a new player, there is so much information and data in this game to get used to...

Screenshot_2020-04-15 Twitch_1.png

Screenshot_2020-04-15 Twitch_2.png

I've had this happen to me twice. First time I didn't realize why. Second time I struggled getting the ERS management points, (got them) and ran out of time before I could complete the qualifying pace again in P3. I'm not 100% sure but it appears that you have to do the qualifying pace in P2 and P3. Not sure if it only needs to be done in P3 but from experience I can say if you do it in P2 even though it says completed, if you don't do it again in P3, you won't get the points.

• Thanks 1

Okay, thanks for that reply. I'll try to do the Q task in P2 and P3 next time to see if that works. Just wondering if this is still considered a bug or if this is by design and the instructions simply fail to mention that this needs to be done in P2 and P3? Hmm...

Posted (edited)

Qualifying Lap (Program) has to be done in Practice 3. All others dont matter! P1 P2 or P3

Edited by 2Pacalypse
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I had no idea. I didn't even notice, even though I'm sure I've lost those points, as I always do the Q run in P1 or P2.  Thankfully, I'm only at Bahrain.  And I think I still have P3 to do.  Thanks @2Pacalypse for the info.