Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

F1® 2020 | Announce Trailer

3 minutes ago, Neomo said:

“We’ve also added new modes to enable more casual players to get up to speed more easily. Lol they kidding? Everyone want more simulation so codies make it more arcade.GG

It was and will always be an arcade game. If you want to race simulation i recommend iRacing for you

• Agree 3

Hang on, if you've managed to license Benetton and Jordan, we're getting closer to full classic grids! Potentially Ferrari, Benetton, Williams, McLaren, Jordan... throw some Sauber and possibly Lotus in there (depnding on season) and you've nearly got the whole line up from many seasons, back in the day!

I'm new to the Codemasters forum (not so new to the game though, playing every version since 2017). Is there anything like a beta programme where users can contribute and help the polishing process of the game before the final release?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, KingDome24 said:

I'm new to the Codemasters forum (not so new to the game though, playing every version since 2017). Is there anything like a beta programme where users can contribute and help the polishing process of the game before the final release?

Oh my you have a lot to learn haha. 

Yes there is a beta and usually 300 per platform and it’s invite only. 

It doesn’t really polish the game though

Edited by tarrantino

26 minutes ago, Neomo said:

“We’ve also added new modes to enable more casual players to get up to speed more easily. Lol they kidding? Everyone want more simulation so codies make it more arcade.GG

Not the case @Neomo. This means in terms of accessibility for players who are totally new to the game, in terms of additional options etc that are TBC

17 minutes ago, KingDome24 said:

Hi @KingDome24,

Welcome to the forums!

Please stay tuned to the forums for any information along them lines. The best person to keep an eye on for this is... well....me 😛 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, RaceMyZaru said:

Out of curiosity, what kind of new content were you hoping for if this makes you feel "meh"?

What do you think about Co-op championship like F1 2018? And what about VR support? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Me: excitedly clicks on new game trailer

YouTube : shows me spinning car screen with new liveries, zero game footage

me: dangit WHEN will I learn?!?

🤔🙄

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Let me know if the following is included, and if it is, I'll buy it:

• Force cockpit view for multiplayer
  • VR support
  • The ability to practice in single player, in any car, with the Equal car setting enabled
Edited by moogleslam
  • Agree 6

I think there should be a "real life 2020" season mode, added later, once we know which tracks even get to have a race this year. COVID-19 mode, perhaps 😛

Perhaps some could have no crowds, should races behind closed-doors even happen.

The biggest issue might be if they don't race at all in 2020 and the cars/tracks are used in 2021 instead, would Codemasters release another version of the game next year with the same content?!

Now I Wanna know everything about MyTeam!

Like:

• Can we sign current F1 or F2 drivers? Or we have to stay with generic drivers (like Butler and Weber)?
  • Are the drivers transfers still on (of course as an option)?
  • Can we pick a sponsor?
  • Can we chance the calendar after a season?

Finally some hype for the offline

2 minutes ago, pspps1 said:

Like:

• Can we sign current F1 or F2 drivers? Or we have to stay with generic drivers (like Butler and Weber)?
  • Can we pick a sponsor?

At the moment in time, I cannot comment on further details with the MyTeam game-mode 😞 

However, I'm sure more detail will come in the lead up to the release.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, pspps1 said:

Can we pick a sponsor?

Some kind of sponsor element was already "confirmed" 🙂 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RaceMyZaru said:

Out of curiosity, what kind of new content were you hoping for if this makes you feel "meh"?

"New content" is probably bad word. I was hoping for

- classic track, or some from previous F1 games.

- multi work properly 

- physic more like sim

- force feedbeck

- damage model

- more realistic tv graphic

- career with interactive Padock, like 2010/2011. We have greate drives 3d model, why don't use them even more. 

-better penalty system

- manual pitstop

- Improvements to the weather system 

And more.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Well really enjoying F1 2019 and F1 2020 looks like a day one purchase for me. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I can finally stop calling it "Codemasters - Future Titles"

We're delighted to announce F1® 2020 - and here's a little trailer to wet your appetite. 

We hope you like the initial look and some of our new features. Be the 11th team in our biggest F1® game yet. Introducing F1® 2020. Coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia July 10 2020.

Full article: https://www.codemasters.com/be-the-eleventh-team-on-the-grid-in-f1-2020/ (Thanks @1512marcel 😛 )

Any plans for ray tracing and/or DLSS 2.0 to be included?

27 minutes ago, TomskiPl said:

"New content" is probably bad word. I was hoping for

- classic track, or some from previous F1 games.

- multi work properly 

- physic more like sim

- force feedbeck

- damage model

- more realistic tv graphic

- career with interactive Padock, like 2010/2011. We have greate drives 3d model, why don't use them even more. 

-better penalty system

- manual pitstop

- Improvements to the weather system 

And more.

Many of those are improvements that don't get mentioned in the abbreviated marketing material even if they're in the game. 
Maybe there's some hope that SOME of them make it in before next gen.

No mention of fixes to the prehistoric online p2p aspect, nothing about physics or tyre model updates, FFB, etc, nah sorry, 2019 was my first f1 title since 2011,you won't be getting a penny from me until you actually fix your game, instead of rehashing and updating the graphics

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, pspps1 said:

Like:

• Can we pick a sponsor?

HI @pspps1, Hopefully some more detail is here: https://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2020/. I'd look at the first paragraph with "For the first time, players can create their own F1® team by creating a driver, then choosing a sponsor, an engine supplier, hiring a teammate and competing as the 11th team on the grid. Build facilities, develop the team over time and drive to the top"

• Thanks 1

I really hope it won't be just like a F1 2019 DLC

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

HI @pspps1, Hopefully some more detail is here: https://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2020/. I'd look at the first paragraph with "For the first time, players can create their own F1® team by creating a driver, then choosing a sponsor, an engine supplier, hiring a teammate and competing as the 11th team on the grid. Build facilities, develop the team over time and drive to the top"

Does this mean theres a pre-made driver pool of fictional drivers to choose from?

Or do we create one the same way we create ourselves?

Do we choose from F2 drivers?

Or is there former f1 drivers from previous games? Like Hulk, Alonso, Button? etc

Excited for this feature either way.

Hopefully we can edit current teams and drivers at the start as well to decide each team and drivers performance.

Edited by Liaveil

Hi @Liaveil,

Unfortunately, I can't confirm (or deny) anything of that level of detail at this time. Things will become clearer closer to launch.

Not to worry! Thank you for the response. Looking forward to future details!

• Like 1