F1® 2020 | Announce Trailer

I was hoping that the game would go more in the direction of simulation, but I can see by the trailer that it is getting more and more arcade. And this sentence "car handling that our simulation players love" makes me afraid of this game.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 7

New championship mode is needed. Not everyone like creating there own driver some like me like doing a season with a real driver. This should be available on this years game and you should be able to do all the things you can do in career mode like upgrade car. Obviously too much to ask for as I’ve been banging on about this for last 4 years

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

To be honest this year isnt for me.That hype around My team with few boring custom templates and fictional sponsors isnt interesting for me. It looks like no love for simraces again like tire/susp model, triple/vr support so ye maybe next time

Edited by Neomo
  • Agree 8

Still very early but we know most likely there won't be VR support. It would be great if they give a reason why not....but most unlikely..... Anyone have any guesses on the percentage of VR users?

• Agree 1

I don't know if someone asked that already, since i only looked Barry's replies, but: is there a chance of F1 2020 have the crossplay system? so we could play multiplatform? @BarryBL

I hope they are working on the simulation side too. So many drivers are playing with the game. Leclerc is streaming F12019 daily. It's now or never time to go after simulation and realism. It's the best time to get a feedback.

@BarryBL

Please keep us updated about next gen consoles too (if there's a next gen release and if the game will be compatible)

• Agree 4

Will the HUD finally be customizable on consoles? This was promised to be so last year!

And are we finally going to get the official broadcast graphics (at least optional)?

• Agree 1

I'd love to see custom sponsorships and liveries available for the player car, not just generic fictional ones. Would be so cool to race against imaginative liveries on track, official sponsors just bore me sorry. Even if you can't use licensed logos an editor would at least allow for some creativity like full on Anime liveries for example. Myself I'd love a Bob's Burgers or South Park car even if I couldn't see any of it from the cockpit where I spend all my time!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

So 'My Team', ey? Kinda knew that was coming considering the multiplayer car from last year allowed customisation. Although this is great, I do worry. My worry is that if this mode is just the normal career with no changes, then great I can create a team, customise the livery, assume pick a random driver to drive along with me but then what? The same boring career mode? Nah thanks.

I've been calling time and time again for more immersion in this game. Silly, repetitive practice games that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, set up your car, qualify and then race = boring. There needs more emphasis on making results truly count for something on a personal level for me as a driver and now my team. I want to be immersed in that my team has to achieve a certain position in the constructers to progress or earn sponsors to get that cash in to do R&D or pay for a decent driver. I need that blow when I total a car or parts of my car costing me money and therefore hampering my chances to progress - just a penalty replacing worn parts or even a grid penalty just doesn't cut it. I want that real feeling of rivalry in the sport between teams and drivers. "I have to beat him!", "We must finish ahead of Alpha Romeo!" Pull me in for goodness sake otherwise it's a worthless addition and more for those people who like to record videos and role play uding their own house rules.

The commentary has to be dynamic and in keeping with how the championship is unfolding building the tension, excitement or disappointment. Your engineer has to be more emotional a bit like the older games. Mass excitement if you overachieve or sheer hatred or disappointment if it all goes wrong. Bring back the driver cut scenes at the end of the race which is dependent on your result. Heck throw in some team scenes now that this new mode is there. Hate this winning team and podium scene all the time. The podium should be a grand occasion when you make it and by showing it all the time makes it feel tainted when you reach it.

Now this new mode is in, there has to be some big things with recruitment for R&D, pre-season testing which actually makes a difference not just R&D points, cash management so that you can lose money (or R&D points) if you total cars, destroy parts, lose sponsors, your 2nd drive decides to leave and takes sponsors away, etc. 

This is obviously a rant about career mode and this new additional career mode. Obvious improvements also need to be made in Leagues, online, better setups, more realistic driving physics, contacts, damage, HUD customisation etc.

Edited by martbloke
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, ElRubio7 said:

And this sentence "car handling that our simulation players love" makes me afraid of this game.

I think they haven't seen that video of lando and max deleting f1 2019 yet🤣 or their comments on this so called handling that our simulation players love.

I can't help to feel somewhat offended by that line, along with so much more SIMULATION players, since we have been stating how TERRIBLE the handling is, NOTHING POSITIVE LET ALONE USE THE WORD LOVE.

FFS, even when real F1 drivers call the handling ANYTHING except GOOD, then you're blatantly ignorant.

Isn't there some rule against false advertising? Because making that statement when all around the world people (from simracers to real f1 drivers) are destroying the awful handling model, is just flat out LYING! 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

The Steam page says "x16 classic F1® cars from 1988-2010." This means no 1972 Lotus 72D, 1976 Ferrari 312 T2, 1976 McLaren M23D, 1978 Lotus 79, 1979 Ferrari 312 T4 and 1982 McLaren MP4 / 1B?

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, er185 said:

The Steam page says "x16 classic F1® cars from 1988-2010." This means no 1972 Lotus 72D, 1976 Ferrari 312 T2, 1976 McLaren M23D, 1978 Lotus 79, 1979 Ferrari 312 T4 and 1982 McLaren MP4 / 1B?

Yes. 

Edited by Sector4

22 minutes ago, er185 said:

I hope this isn't the case but I'd take it if only the made the weather system more unpredictable for players in changeable conditions. 

Posted (edited)

New features and modes are welcome, but in essence what I want to play is a game where you drive a car. We want a car that is fun to drive or behaves realistically.

In my personal opinion, I feel 2019 didn't achieve either of those things.
The decision to buy the 2020 or not is easy.  "car handling that our simulation players love" If this is true, I will buy it.

Edited by lovely99

Funny that Codies could put Goodyear's logo on the liveries of the Benettons B194 and B195 but not on the actual tyre

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL, would we have the option to use our created driver in a single season in case we don't want to go through a career?

Edited by RickFlare96
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, lovely99 said:

New features and modes are welcome, but in essence what I want to play is a game where you drive a car. We want a car that is fun to drive or behaves realistically.

In my personal opinion, I feel 2019 didn't achieve either of those things.
The decision to buy the 2020 or not is easy.  "car handling that our simulation players love" If this is true, I will buy it.

If you want a hardcore sim, this game is not for you.

• Agree 1

I personally don't prefer to have different "variations" of the same game. Like last year's game had the 'Legends Edition" and the regular version.

Shouldn't it at least be the same exact game, but either as unlockables or DLC?

Buying the same game for a higher price for four new cars sounds more steep than buying the original game with a DLC containing four cars for like ten dollars (dramatization).

4 hours ago, Involved In It said:

I personally don't prefer to have different "variations" of the same game. Like last year's game had the 'Legends Edition" and the regular version.

Shouldn't it at least be the same exact game, but either as unlockables or DLC?

Buying the same game for a higher price for four new cars sounds more steep than buying the original game with a DLC containing four cars for like ten dollars (dramatization).

It will be the same exact game with the exact same bugs plus some new ones in the new modes.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I'd recommend watching the trailer, I think there some pretty big new features coming in my opinion that certainly weren't in 2019 😛 

In terms of BETA, the first place with regards to any news on this will be here, and through me. 🙂 

Pretty much yes then.

Read “bolt on extras, not a completely new engine with all underlying bugs ironed out”

Completely new bugs associated with new features and a whole raft of previously fixed bugs uncovered again due to the development of F1 2020 branching from older build of the F1 2019 game prior to ongoing patches and not replicated into the F1 2020 branch.

I really hope to be proven wrong and I’ll probably buy it again. You’ve got us hooked.

Edited by TeenierNeilb69

Yes, but VR? You made it for dirt rally 1/2 and not for F1. I don't understand. I'm really sorry, but maybe I wouldn't buy it again this year. 

• Agree 2

It will be in F1 2020 VR SUPPORT? Please, say YES! Playing on screen without VR is little bit boring :D.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

According to the official statement the classic cars start from 1988 so in this game we are sadly losing from the last game:

• 1982 McLaren MP4/1B
  • 1979 Ferrari 312 T4
  • 1978 Lotus 79
  • 1976 Ferrari 312 T2
  • 1976 McLaren M23D
  • 1972 Lotus 72D
Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 2

With Codemasters buying SMS (Slightly Mad Studios),  if we don't see any laser scanned tracks, we will be disappointed. Never played project cars 1 or 2 but I know Spa and the Red Bull Ring are in the game. (Pretty sure there are more F1 tracks in Project cars)

Hopefully we get to hear the news soon.