F1® 2020 | Announce Trailer

31 minutes ago, Jahudka said:

It will be in F1 2020 VR SUPPORT? Please, say YES! Playing on screen without VR is little bit boring :D.

The fact is, you have more precision especially when you break near the other, more perception of distance and more more more pros. I don't understand why VR in racing game isn't a standard. Yes, i know, not all gamer can buying VR but now there are a lot of less expensive solutions. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Considering the new GRID has both mouse support and a virtual mirror I expect the new F1 game to have at least one of these features.

Edited by TheWalker17

12 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

Considering the new GRID has both mouse support and a virtual mirror I expect the new F1 game to have at least one of these features.

Southam tends to have mouse support in their games. It's nothing new, so I doubt it'll be in F1 2020 either.

9 hours ago, ROGERALGEBRA said:

What means " casual race options for more relaxed racing" ?

You press a button to go and use left/right on the DPad to overtake. No steering for corners required! Haha 🤣

please can you better balance the pad this year? on f1 2019 pad is faster than steering wheel ( it goes strong though if you know how to use it)

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UP100 said:

Southam tends to have mouse support in their games. It's nothing new, so I doubt it'll be in F1 2020 either.

And yet another proof of how lazy the devs are. Just copy pasting the same game over and over and over and over and over.

Is it so difficult to add a basic thing like mouse support?

Or a virtual mirror? The excuse "is not realistic" doesn't work, because if it was for that reason then this game shouldn't even exist if realism is the topic.

They just took F1 2019, on which they claim they worked for 2 years (and incredibly it still has the same known problems of F1 2017 and 2018), put the 2020 logo on it, added some new cars, updated the roster.

My Team will probably be smoke in the eyes like F2 turned to be. Everybody expected a full F2 season, which they didn't add for no reasons, instead we got 3 useless scenarios that lead to nothing. So My Team will probably miss some basic features that will be added in F1 2021.

Oh, one last thing, save me your ass-kissing reply where you try to defend this game and their work in any possible way. Lmao "the handling that our simulation players love", this is just a scam

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

And yet another proof of how lazy the devs are. Just copy pasting the same game over and over and over and over and over.

Is it so difficult to add a basic thing like mouse support?

Technically it's Southam who are copy pasting the mouse support 😁

• Haha 1

And yet again I see a lot of copy/pasting going on among our faithful followers. Most of them based on experiences from the past and probably a lot which unfortunately become reality but over the years I learnt not to judge before I have seen it with my own eyes and therefor remain positive. Forming your judgement based on assumptions is not a very solid base and tends to be negative and in the current world situation my believe is that negativity is not what we need. Lets just wait and see before flaming a game which none of us have seen yet and shoot later. It just might to turn out to be a really good game. After all its just a game, nothing more, created to be enjoyed or not, that’s your choice. Stay healthy!

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

Posted (edited)

My 3 main questions for F1 2020.

1. Will the handling be improved?

2. Will the way ERS is implemented be more realistic?

3. Will we be able to complete a full F2 season as our own driver or again only in championship mode as one of the real drivers?

4. Will the blurry interiors/gloves be fixed in cockpit cam?

All in all I’m intrigued by what the new game has to offer and think the new “My Team” mode will add more of an interesting and varied experience to the game. 

Edited by stephensmattlee

14 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

And yet again I see a lot of copy/pasting going on among our faithful followers. Most of them based on experiences from the past and probably a lot which unfortunately become reality but over the years I learnt not to judge before I have seen it with my own eyes and therefor remain positive. Forming your judgement based on assumptions is not a very solid base and tends to be negative and in the current world situation my believe is that negativity is not what we need. Lets just wait and see before flaming a game which none of us have seen yet and shoot later. It just might to turn out to be a really good game. After all its just a game, nothing more, created to be enjoyed or not, that’s your choice. Stay healthy!

do not agree, they said that f1 2019 has been developed for 2 years, when it was the worst of the last 4-5 years. so please don't defend the non defensible.
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

I form my judgement looking at the past titles and how they look and play the same. With the same known problems carried over and over and over, like the broken multiplayer, the over aggresive AI, random disconnections, crashes. Carried over and over and over. Why I shouldn't believe this game will be exactly the same? Especially after that **** show called F1 2019, where they claimed they worked 2 years and it's just a more of the same. I didn't want to buy F1 2019, luckily I got into the beta and was surprised. The game was good, it was driving really good, I really enjoyed it. Then it comes the official release and it's completely different.

Why I should believe F1 2020 will be something different?

People have been asking for years a mouse support and a virtual mirror. Codies doesn't listen. In freaking 2020 VR is becoming the new standard in simracing, and yet the F1 series still with no VR. Codies doesn't listen, doesn't give an answer, doesn't give an explanation to its customers. And they dare to say "the handling that our simulation players love".

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

What's an assumption on the LIE that simracers (and even REAL F1 drivers) "LOVE" the handling model? It's just stated on facts. That's a pretty ignorant statement when 2 official F1 drivers are destroying the game on youtube and even delete it LIVE! Nico Hulkenberg even uses TC "because without TC the handling and driveability is like on ice and NOWHERE NEAR REALISTIC" 

well, I tend to believe some REAL and ACTUAL F1 drivers over a statement that simracers LOVE the handling model. How are you even able to make such a statement when real drivers are saying things like this. Pretty ignorant IMHO.

PLUS: experiences from ALL past games in which almost every year the same bugs happen and every patch breaks it more and more, doesn't have to make you a rocket scientist to be cynical, negative, sarcastic and or not trusting towards CM anymore.

sorry but they have caused this themselves with how they "listen to the community" or in other words "don't care about what we say for years". 

And lying about the handling model that simracers love doesn't make it look any better. 

every year it's all pretty words and sweet talk, and in the end THE FACTS are the proof. Nobody believes those empty words and statements anymore, based on their own experiences. 

You could see this coming from miles away. People simply don't believe it anymore. And that's not their fault.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Agree 6

2 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

I form my judgement looking at the past titles and how they look and play the same. With the same known problems carried over and over and over, like the broken multiplayer, the over aggresive AI, random disconnections, crashes. Carried over and over and over. Why I shouldn't believe this game will be exactly the same? Especially after that **** show called F1 2019, where they claimed they worked 2 years and it's just a more of the same. I didn't want to buy F1 2019, luckily I got into the beta and was surprised. The game was good, it was driving really good, I really enjoyed it. Then it comes the official release and it's completely different.

Why I should believe F1 2020 will be something different?

People have been asking for years a mouse support and a virtual mirror. Codies doesn't listen. In freaking 2020 VR is becoming the new standard in simracing, and yet the F1 series still with no VR. Codies doesn't listen, doesn't give an answer, doesn't give an explanation to its customers. And they dare to say "the handling that our simulation players love".

@TheWalker17 just to clarify what has already been mentioned in these posts.

Currently, we have a piece of media in the form of a trailer confirming the headline new feature in the game, MyTeam, and the additional versions of the game. Full details of the game have yet to be disclosed and more will be revealed as we come closer to the launch date.

The intention of the announcement was to never cover every single thing in this one trailer. Please try to refrain from assuming details of a game that has just been released. Wishlist and ideas are fine but, from your post quoted, it seems to infer that we have confirmed all you have said here. We have not. And in terms of 'additional information', I certainly cannot disclose more from the trailer at this point in time. I hope everyone understands that.

Please stay tuned to our official channels and communications for more details on F1 2020 as the game comes closer and closer to launch date.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Currently, we have a piece of media in the form of a trailer confirming the headline new feature in the game, MyTeam, and the additional versions of the game. Full details of the game have yet to be disclosed and more will be revealed as we come closer to the launch date.

The intention of the announcement was to never cover every single thing in this one trailer. Please try to refrain from assuming details of a game that has just been released. Wishlist and ideas are fine but, from your post quoted, it seems to infer that we have confirmed all you have said here. We have not. And in terms of 'additional information', I certainly cannot disclose more from the trailer at this point in time. I hope everyone understands that.

Please stay tuned to our official channels and communications for more details on F1 2020 as the game comes closer and closer to launch date.

I'm indeed looking forward new details Barry.

It's just I don't have faith anymore, every year is the same. I even got to try the beta of F1 2019 and that made me buy the game, then the game itself was totally different. It feels like FIFA, the demo is extremely good, then the real game comes and it's totally different from what you tried.

I'm sad, because I love F1 and had lot of fun with the F1 titles, but in the past years it's been a more of the same in terms of handling, physics, and how polished was the game, the same bugs and the same problems carried over and over. I'd happily miss a new game if this means the devs take more time to polish what they have and use it as base for future games.

I hope F1 2020 proves me wrong

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I just hope they make slow curves like the Monaco hotel hairpin duable for the pad controllers. Even with all assists OFF the system they use in F1 2019 to control excessive steering (only with control pads) in low speed doesn't work in this kind of slow hairpins. Some times even if you brake enough and you go slow you even see in the cockpit view the drivers arms not turning enough and by consequence not being able to do the turn. 

43 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Indeed, the intention of the announcement is focus on the new things. And ignore all the bugs/wishes that are here for a long time now. Creating a hype, using youtubers to say how good the game is. Give a limited beta without a lot of functionalities. Just give the beta testers the good part of the game and then release. 

No word about the safetycar problems, unstable multiplayer. And if you talk about marketing: If you would have a new mulitplayer platform and a better sim experience we should know it by now. There is no better marketing atm after the critism from max en Lando. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheWalker17 said:

I'm indeed looking forward new details Barry.

It's just I don't have faith anymore, every year is the same. I even got to try the beta of F1 2019 and that made me buy the game, then the game itself was totally different. It feels like FIFA, the demo is extremely good, then the real game comes and it's totally different from what you tried.

I'm sad, because I love F1 and had lot of fun with the F1 titles, but in the past years it's been a more of the same in terms of handling, physics, and how polished was the game, the same bugs and the same problems carried over and over. I'd happily miss a new game if this means the devs take more time to polish what they have and use it as base for future games.

Pretty much hit the nail on it's head. I've been waiting since F1 2012 for old features to reappear like the weather system 

but since they botched jobbed their game engine in preparation for the new consoles with barebones F1 2015 & I've been paying for it ever since then. If it wasn't for racing online with good friends that I know for a laugh I wouldn't bother with this overpriced so called simcade game. Nobody can say I haven't been patient.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 1

This is my first time I am on the F1 forums. I plan on entering the F1 2020 BETA as soon as it is available on Xbox One.

• Haha 1

A few thoughts:

Personally, I'm interested in the new "My Team" mode - it's a small breath of fresh air. However, everything else sounds like it will be more of the same 2019 game.
I was talking with one person about my expectations for this game, and I didn't bring up anything new - my main point is that F1 2020 should be treated like F1 2014, the last game before the next generation of games appear. It would make sense, considering Xbox Series X and PS5 are coming with more power, more capabilities etc., so a new game engine will be more or less required (replacing this one), and Codemasters just have to get a 2020 game out. And considering how F1 2015 came out (now when I remember it... oof), I think Codemasters may want to avoid the same "barebones" situation in the 2021 game, hence most development now going forward to 2021 game already.
Of course, I was not expecting any new gamemodes (or especially split-screen (though now it makes no sense to not have VR options (unless there's still the FPS target and it's still 60 and not at least 90?..))), so it was a nice surprise, however, I'm still doubtful whether it will actually be a 2020 game or just a 2019.5 game.

I don't know, that's just a few thoughts I have about this game - I'm not expecting much at all, and probably it will be just more of the same as in the 2019 game, with no improvements to main game areas (and returning old bugs). I guess you could say I'm very cautious so far. Also, if some thoughts didn't make sense, I'm sorry - English is my 2nd language, I'm not perfect in it.

Also, early prediction - Safety Car will STILL be buggy on the launch day of F1 2020. Someone quote me on that 3 months later when the game releases, whether I was right or wrong.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

The headline feature should be a good and stable game with implementations based on what people wished for on this forum. 

like stable online experience with split lobbies for on thing. Since this years regulations are stable, this would be an opportunity to finally bring something which showed that WE, the fans are heard. And that CM would do anything to stabilize the game. 

it gave you the possibilty with a good foundation to build further on.

most of us don't care about my team, they want a good online experience, they want a stunning handling model, FFB that actually works, and so on...

CM should spend their resources on building a game based on critics from simracers and actual F1 drivers. Hire Hulkenberg since his experience with the recent cars can be transferred over to the handling model. 

what's the use of my team, when the rest is still the same old rubbish?

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 3

I'm really happy about all the Schumacher stuff we are getting. I hope the character model and the helmets stay part of the regular game in the future, but probably not...

• Agree 1

Looking forward to play that game.

Hoping you can improve the online experience though.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

You do yourself no favours BarryBL. Am I missing something here? You should proof read before you post, but then that would be like testing a game properly before release! Best rush out and buy this asap. 😁

What we have is a piece of media proclaiming a new feature, some classic cars, and a release date. The statement about the "handling our sim players love" - now that is really going down well. I think you shot yourselves in the foot there! Did anyone at codemasters not consider that would be inflammatory to a lot of people on the forum?

I certainly understand your hands are tied and you can't reveal anymore. Maybe you could though get around to telling us what codemasters response is to Lando/Max debacle...

My opinion so far is that the press release does not inspire me with any confidence that the 2020 game will be any better than the last instalments in any meaningful way, but time will tell. At least it means the 19 games value will drop so I can buy a cheap evaluation copy!

It appears I am not the only one saddened by the state of the F1 series of games. Hope is a land to which which winter never comes the saying goes, but then, you can fool some of the people some of the time, not all of the people all of the time. It certainly looks as if my hope is foolish right now!

• Agree 2

This is EPIC!! :classic_biggrin: I cannot wait for it! This is exactly what I've been waiting to hear for career mode! Dream mode is really happening! And not only for the whooping 70th anniversary but also for such a tough time we are all having, this is a very well needed distraction from the hardships of a pandemic. I'm buzzing rn! Thank you Codemasters! What an epic creation you've done for F1 2020! Guaranteed pre-order right here. 🏁

• Confused 2
  • Disagree 1