F1® 2020 | Announce Trailer

3 hours ago, advanceapple said:

do not agree, they said that f1 2019 has been developed for 2 years, when it was the worst of the last 4-5 years. so please don't defend the non defensible.

I’m clearly not defending anything here. Just stating, no matter how bad experiences were before, that I wait and see before judging. I’m not blind, have been around long enough to know. Just made it my habbit to keep my mouth shut until I can make a fair judgement. It just annoys me to see a lot of unfounded comments. And I will be the first to admit you have been all right if you are right. Not before. 

• Agree 1

From a league racers perspective, we complain about the absolutely basic features a multiplayer-title must have in 2020 and makes races more enjoyable. I personally don't need a manager mode or ability to play split screen. I just want a virtual rear-view mirror, at least some laser scanned tracks (iconic tracks like Spa, Monza) although I believe this something we rather see with the next-gens, much better engine sounds and less bugs and better balancing. We have encountered so many stupid bugs and glitches during the course of the season that even league racing with people who take it serious and don't crash into each other really ruined the fun of the game.

Fortunately with ACC coming to consoles this June, there will be another contender to choose from.

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, AlexTT said:

What's an assumption on the LIE that simracers (and even REAL F1 drivers) "LOVE" the handling model? It's just stated on facts. That's a pretty ignorant statement when 2 official F1 drivers are destroying the game on youtube and even delete it LIVE! Nico Hulkenberg even uses TC "because without TC the handling and driveability is like on ice and NOWHERE NEAR REALISTIC" 

well, I tend to believe some REAL and ACTUAL F1 drivers over a statement that simracers LOVE the handling model. How are you even able to make such a statement when real drivers are saying things like this. Pretty ignorant IMHO.

PLUS: experiences from ALL past games in which almost every year the same bugs happen and every patch breaks it more and more, doesn't have to make you a rocket scientist to be cynical, negative, sarcastic and or not trusting towards CM anymore.

sorry but they have caused this themselves with how they "listen to the community" or in other words "don't care about what we say for years". 

And lying about the handling model that simracers love doesn't make it look any better. 

every year it's all pretty words and sweet talk, and in the end THE FACTS are the proof. Nobody believes those empty words and statements anymore, based on their own experiences. 

You could see this coming from miles away. People simply don't believe it anymore. And that's not their fault.

Your arguements are mainly based on the last game and past titles. And I agree to a certain extend. But then again I see the same people here year after year. I’m not a masochist, If I’m really done with something I leave the building, shut the door never to come back. 

You see the same people because on console,f1 20xx is the only game of formula car.....be sure that if rfactor or iracing stay on console ,lot of people migrates on these game😅.

Everybody hate the game fornhus problem,but we need a game to play on formula.

This is the true

26 minutes ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

You see the same people because on console,f1 20xx is the only game of formula car.....be sure that if rfactor or iracing stay on console ,lot of people migrates on these game😅.

Everybody hate the game fornhus problem,but we need a game to play on formula.

This is the true

Not completely true because I also see the same PC players here.

4 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Not completely true because I also see the same PC players here.

I speak for console player.

Posted (edited)

According to the official statement the classic cars start from 1988 so in this game we are sadly losing from the last game:

• 1982 McLaren MP4/1B
  • 1979 Ferrari 312 T4
  • 1978 Lotus 79
  • 1976 Ferrari 312 T2
  • 1976 McLaren M23D
  • 1972 Lotus 72D

Edited 8 hours ago by TomAAA

That will really suck if that is the case!

Edited by c2iminal
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1512marcel said:

Your arguements are mainly based on the last game and past titles. And I agree to a certain extend. But then again I see the same people here year after year. I’m not a masochist, If I’m really done with something I leave the building, shut the door never to come back. 

Problem is that I'm a F1 lover from since the 80's, and have all F1 installment game available on hardcopy. Hobby which got out of hand. But when I buy something, i use it too, else my playseat and all would be worthless.

And yes my critisism is last games, but every single year that same guy comes on video's stating how much they have changed, how much they improved, blablabla, and every year THE SAME ******** happens again. Safety car anyone? 

normally you'd say and think if this happens every year again, someone would learn from it. Handling/online/netcode/diety drivers/ broken penalty system/ffb which gets worse every patch

the list goes on and on and on... 

And every year THE SAME! 

there's a saying: Once is a mistake, the following times IT'S A CHOICE.

And I will keep saying my opinion, based on facts, because I have a love for the sport itself and when I see CM stating lies and all the great new features, when they first should tackle all the FLAWS, like HANDLING to name one, all they care about is money money money. let them for once put their money where their mouth is and actually proof that they DO give a damn about what we all are asking for here? Which is a GOOD STABLE game, with exceptionall handling system, and I will be the first to openly apologize on this forum.

and yes, unlike CM, I DO put my money where my mouth is at.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

Any chance to get a little feature that can save a lot of time when racing? Sharing a setup and saving it physically. 

I find ridicolous that I literally have to copy the setup a teammate shares because it can't be shared in real time or saved on the PC and loaded.

No, saving the setup before the race is not a solution, is going around the problem, while it can be so easy and fast, share a file and load it like every other game. So simple and so quick

Here we go again , same old false promises

Not bought last 2 titles through sheer frustration of same old bugs appearing game after game and nothing ever done to rectify them

Can it be so hard Codemasters to let me use a mouse on my PC.

BTW I dont want to race in cars from years gone by on new circuits , i want some old tracks

• Agree 3

I hope the frame rate of the PC version of F1 2020 will be adjusted for consistently smoother flow of the game.  F1 2018 was really bad with frame rate skipping and F1 2019 frame skipped at random as well but not as bad as F1 2018.  I'm hoping for no frame rate skipping in F1 2020.

19 hours ago, martbloke said:

So 'My Team', ey? Kinda knew that was coming considering the multiplayer car from last year allowed customisation. Although this is great, I do worry. My worry is that if this mode is just the normal career with no changes, then great I can create a team, customise the livery, assume pick a random driver to drive along with me but then what? The same boring career mode? Nah thanks.

I've been calling time and time again for more immersion in this game. Silly, repetitive practice games that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, set up your car, qualify and then race = boring. There needs more emphasis on making results truly count for something on a personal level for me as a driver and now my team. I want to be immersed in that my team has to achieve a certain position in the constructers to progress or earn sponsors to get that cash in to do R&D or pay for a decent driver. I need that blow when I total a car or parts of my car costing me money and therefore hampering my chances to progress - just a penalty replacing worn parts or even a grid penalty just doesn't cut it. I want that real feeling of rivalry in the sport between teams and drivers. "I have to beat him!", "We must finish ahead of Alpha Romeo!" Pull me in for goodness sake otherwise it's a worthless addition and more for those people who like to record videos and role play uding their own house rules.

The commentary has to be dynamic and in keeping with how the championship is unfolding building the tension, excitement or disappointment. Your engineer has to be more emotional a bit like the older games. Mass excitement if you overachieve or sheer hatred or disappointment if it all goes wrong. Bring back the driver cut scenes at the end of the race which is dependent on your result. Heck throw in some team scenes now that this new mode is there. Hate this winning team and podium scene all the time. The podium should be a grand occasion when you make it and by showing it all the time makes it feel tainted when you reach it.

Now this new mode is in, there has to be some big things with recruitment for R&D, pre-season testing which actually makes a difference not just R&D points, cash management so that you can lose money (or R&D points) if you total cars, destroy parts, lose sponsors, your 2nd drive decides to leave and takes sponsors away, etc. 

This is obviously a rant about career mode and this new additional career mode. Obvious improvements also need to be made in Leagues, online, better setups, more realistic driving physics, contacts, damage, HUD customisation etc.

I had an idea that I thought might fit with what you're asking.  It's all well and good to have your own team, decorate the car and driver as you like, pick a sponsor or twenty, then try to develop your car to be the best and take you to the championship.  But as you say, if it's just that (which we kinda have now, without having our name on the car) then ok, fine.

But if we're going to build a team, there needs to be a lot more of THAT part of F1 involved - the design team, the marketing (as much as I hate marketing), the politics, the subterfuge!  Imagine coming up with a great design, only to find out that one of the other teams had a spy in your factory and stole your secret!  We know that teams are always scrutinizing each other for any possible gains.  Heck, dude from Racing Point up and stated that they copied the Mercedes design by using pictures and videos and telemetry that they (and every other team) had access to.  Why not?  Mercedes won.  They're the ones to copy.  If your team starts being at the top, you should expect to have issues like this, and it would add more depth to this game mode.

Just my two cents.

10 hours ago, martbloke said:

You press a button to go and use left/right on the DPad to overtake. No steering for corners required! Haha 🤣

Really? ahahha

Posted (edited)

I would say to you all, stay calm with the Hype, let's wait and see what comes.

For myself, I will not buy it, until they can proof me it is worth the buy.

Remember...you are still in charge to buy it or not..

Edited by GioProductions
text
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

This is my first time I am on the F1 forums. I plan on entering the F1 2020 BETA as soon as it is available on Xbox One.

Anyone know when the beta will be available?

46 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

As great as the news of the team manager mode is, I kinda expect it to be not very deep in this game, like the first basic R&D features in F1 2016. They added a lot until it became the skilltree with regulation changes of F1 2018. 

I kinda expect F1 2022 to be their first real next gen game, and if they build on everything they've done so far instead of going back to zero like with F1 2015, that one might actually be amazing all around. 

Does anyone else find it funny that Codemasters are "celebrating the 70 years of Formula 1" by removing tons of classic cars made before 1988? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GioProductions said:

For myself, I will not buy it, until they can proof me it is worth the buy.

Remember...you are in still in charge to buy it or not..

I'm not really in charge if I get to try a beta, which was great, then when they released the game after a few patches they completely overhauled the handling and made it worse.

I bought the game based on what I tried in the beta.

It's like if a pastry chef gives you a little taste of a great cake, you buy it based on what he made you eat, then he gives you a piece of ****

• Sad 1

@BarryBL Please focus in that game in online stability, in F1 2019 the best enhance was SC but this F1 2020 should enhance that issue.

Another issues that you must enhance is:

- League mode. We dont use it, we create every time a season because every time we join to our league we have problems.

- Tyre selection for all drivers, when I create a season, the drivers which are in the lobby can select the tyre pack, but the others that join later, they cant select and sometimes they put the softer one, others the medium one and other the hardest one.

- Traffic light in pit lane must be shown in cokpit camera, and you must have a penalty if you clutch repeatedly.

- If the pit lane entry is manually I would prefer that all the pit lane were manually like Project Cars, but if it isnt possible, at least the pit lane entry should be turn on with a button. Now if you entry with less velocity it activates automatically.

And thats all foks!!!

1 minute ago, JuanCarMR said:

- League mode. We dont use it, we create every time a season because every time we join to our league we have problems.

This is something we are actively looking into through our own Forum Championship 🙂 

@UP100 you can avoid it, dont loose your time with it. We have given it several opportunities with no result. 😔