F1® 2020 | Announce Trailer

Just now, JuanCarMR said:

@UP100 you can avoid it, dont loose your time with it. We have given it several opportunities with no result. 😔

It's a good chance for Codies to get first hand experience of an international league (people from UK to Japan at least!) that's running in the mode, so getting it fixed in the future will be a bit easier 🙂 

Currently 1/4th of the drivers are either forum moderators or Codies employees 😛 

5 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Currently 1/4th of the drivers are either forum moderators or Codies employees 😛  

I'd like to be part of the beta in order to give my feedback, and I dont mind to be part of that international league to give them further information, but it is up to them...

I apply for the betas all years with no be chosen never, when the game launch, I post every bug with videos, well documented, following the post rules etc, so I do my best...

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, UP100 said:

It's a good chance for Codies to get first hand experience of an international league (people from UK to Japan at least!) that's running in the mode, so getting it fixed in the future will be a bit easier 🙂 

Maybe as part of your "Tests" , go and crash out at Au Rouge , parked off way of the track  and see the SC Employed.

Same with the Fast Chicane in Sector 3 Australia , guys end up in the wall on the far right of track , but SC Deployed.

PLEASE , ensure to review ALL SC Deployment , as we have found that some tracks its spot on , and on other instances , two drivers momentarily get together , trigger the SC  , but both live to drive on...

I wasn't expecting new classic tracks because of the work gone into Zandvoort/Vietnam but I really wish Codemasters would consider releasing track packs as DLC, the 1st paid pack could be something like Turkey/Imola with Hockenheim as a free update with a similar idea for pack 2 with Nurburgring as the free track. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

F1 2018 had a highly simulative thing, the temperature of the tires and that the driver was forced to manage the tire which is well accepted. so much so your SIM drivers have mourned you that you have released a useless patch where you have removed this fantastic configuration with the excuse that the frame drops were the cause of this.
It was a lie as long as Europe, because this year the frame drops were deadly but the tire temperature remained unchanged. so in conclusion, reset the simulation temperature of the tire as in F1 2018.
And Level the pads with respect to the steering wheel which in 2019 is too OVERPOWER.
do not be a merchant's ear that today I do not want to throw any arrows at anyone, but if I am forced to pay up the dose

16 hours ago, c2iminal said:

According to the official statement the classic cars start from 1988 so in this game we are sadly losing from the last game:

• 1982 McLaren MP4/1B
  • 1979 Ferrari 312 T4
  • 1978 Lotus 79
  • 1976 Ferrari 312 T2
  • 1976 McLaren M23D
  • 1972 Lotus 72D

Edited 8 hours ago by TomAAA

That will really suck if that is the case!

If this is true then I'd use them while you can, someone told me they eventually removed some of the classic cars from 2013 when licenses ran out (never confirmed it myself though)

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

F1 2018 had a highly simulative thing, the temperature of the tires and that the driver was forced to manage the tire which is well accepted. so much so your SIM drivers have mourned you that you have released a useless patch where you have removed this fantastic configuration with the excuse that the frame drops were the cause of this.
It was a lie as long as Europe, because this year the frame drops were deadly but the tire temperature remained unchanged. so in conclusion, reset the simulation temperature of the tire as in F1 2018.
And Level the pads with respect to the steering wheel which in 2019 is too OVERPOWER.
do not be a merchant's ear that today I do not want to throw any arrows at anyone, but if I am forced to pay up the dose

You've misunderstood the issue.

The problem with F1 2018 probably lies in something like "delta time" which is the way programmers handle framerate differences. Such as if you're running lower than 60 fps, the game would still do the calculations as if you would've hit that 60 fps target. If this wouldn't be done, having a lower or higher FPS than the target would mean that everything in the game would move slower or faster than normal. Such as if the target would be 60 fps and you would be running with 120fps, everything would be happening 2 times as fast.

What is usually used to overcome this problem is to time the difference between the last update and using that to modify the calculations' variables so that the game will always run at the same speed no matter the FPS.

Most likely what happened is that one of the functions that modifies the tire temperatures forgot to use the delta time system they use, causing the tires on a higher FPS to not get so hot. I'd guess that the amount that the tires would cool down would be the one to blame.

It's also possible that this wasn't the issue due to how many different ways the tire temperatures could've been done etc. I still haven't been able to ever see even a line of the engine code 😛 

The bug was tested by the community like this:

First it was tested by driving

Then it was tested in time trial by another user thanks to sienestaja's vide

Obviously there can always be external variables that change the tire temperatures a bit, but after the patch was applied the tests were run again and it seemed to not happen anymore.

Edited by UP100
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

You've misunderstood the issue.

The problem with F1 2018 probably lies in something like "delta time" which is the way programmers handle framerate differences. Such as if you're running lower than 60 fps, the game would still do the calculations as if you would've hit that 60 fps target. If this wouldn't be done, having a lower or higher FPS than the target would mean that everything in the game would move slower or faster than normal. Such as if the target would be 60 fps and you would be running with 120fps, everything would be happening 2 times as fast.

What is usually used to overcome this problem is to time the difference between the last update and using that to modify the calculations' variables so that the game will always run at the same speed no matter the FPS.

Most likely what happened is that one of the functions that modifies the tire temperatures forgot to use the delta time system they use, causing the tires on a higher FPS to not get so hot. I'd guess that the amount that the tires would cool down would be the one to blame.

It's also possible that this wasn't the issue due to how many different ways the tire temperatures could've been done etc. I still haven't been able to ever see even a line of the engine code 😛 

The bug was tested by the community like this:

I'm sorry, but I don't believe it, because the patch was released 4 months later, I remember that week I ran in Singapore, in the championship not offline, and I had a lot of fun managing and everything, a few days later the patch came out, it seems to me the race after Japan, same frame drops but always optimal temperatures.
therefore it is not a factor of fps or frame, they took it off because people were crying because they were unable to manage.
let's say things as they really are, beautiful things are destined to be trashed for the mass public, occasional and the money they earn. but the game remains and will always remain a paste copy of the previous year.
otherwise how do you explain the announcement of the game on July 10th with May at the door without someone of us having taken up the beta?
simple the game is already in the almost gold phase the beta is only for making patches, without thinking that these patches could destroy and not fix.
you need more transparency from the codes. they have not noticed but are on the edge of the abyss.

4 hours ago, AcidBurn247 said:

Maybe as part of your "Tests" , go and crash out at Au Rouge , parked off way of the track  and see the SC Employed.

Same with the Fast Chicane in Sector 3 Australia , guys end up in the wall on the far right of track , but SC Deployed.

PLEASE , ensure to review ALL SC Deployment , as we have found that some tracks its spot on , and on other instances , two drivers momentarily get together , trigger the SC  , but both live to drive on...

In real life the SC would come out there aswell, because both incidents got a heavy impact and the medical car needs to come on to the track and also the debris fly all over the track.

Posted (edited)

The best way to really BETA test things is an open BETA where everyone can test what's their biggest issue, and at the same time look for flaws in your online lobby system. Closed BETA'S don't help when you stress test servers or connections or how your netcode will react. 

an open beta is the best solution.

closed BETA with all the secrecy is like you have something to hide when it's not good, and still don't care enough about the feedback anyway to release it still. How many times people said here and on other media that they adressed a lot of issues present in the game tht were also in the beta proves this even more. But they can't say anything because of the NDA. And the NDA gives the freedom to just release the game with all the flaws.

Edited by AlexTT

24 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Closed BETA'S don't help when you stress test servers or connections or how your netcode will react. 

Well you need 20 players for testing netcode that live in a bit different areas, as F1 games (like many other games) use a P2P-like system.

Totally slamming Codemasters - nice early reveal! Also we need to be reassured that all of the classic cars from 2019 return in this edition, even if that means scrapping the worthless F2 content with its slower, less-powered cars!  The Schumacher cars should be in addition to the classic cars of 2019! I do which that you had stuck to a June release date as you did last year, but hey, what's 15 days more, yes?! 

So to sum up this quote from Codemaster; "The handling that our simulation players love"

Antonio Felix Da Costa just said "Driving the f1 car on the f1 2019 game is like driving on Call of duty" 

Lando Norris laughed and said I know what you mean mate. 

So that's your simulation players right there. 

I would rather focus major changes to the handling to get people to buy the game, rather than draw people in with designing your own car. 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, UP100 said:

Well you need 20 players for testing netcode that live in a bit different areas, as F1 games (like many other games) use a P2P-like system.

Too bad those "many other games" aren't racing games, whose devs, knowing the importance of low latency and a good multiplayer experience, added the possibility of hosting races on dedicated servers.

Poor attempt to defend the fact that F1 still has P2P, trying to point out that many other games do, except racing titles, which have dedicated servers. Even MotoGP 19 has dedicated servers!!!!!!

Codies wake up, it's 2020, give us the damn dedicated servers. Or admit once and for all you just copy paste the games and don't listen to your customers. Still having a laugh at "the handling that our simulation players love" while pro drivers are bashing the title exactly for its handling and unrealistic physics

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Like 1

Just now, TheWalker17 said:

Too bad those "many other games" aren't racing games, whose devs, knowing the importance of low latency and a good multiplayer experience, added the possibility of hosting races on dedicated servers.

Poor attempt to defend the fact that F1 still has P2P, trying to point out that many other games do, except racing titles, which have dedicated servers. Even MotoGP 19 has dedicated servers!!!!!!

uhh I wasn't defending the P2P system here I was just stating that having more than 20 people won't affect testing the lobbies in any significant way except if for some reason all the 20 people would be close to each other, in which case having someone further away will change the experience.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, UP100 said:

uhh I wasn't defending the P2P system here I was just stating that having more than 20 people won't affect testing the lobbies in any significant way except if for some reason all the 20 people would be close to each other, in which case having someone further away will change the experience.

nah dude, you don't fool me, the fact you needed to say that many other games have P2P means one thing and one thing only: a poor attempt to "redeem" F1 titles for not having dedi servers, pointing out that it's not the only game that doesn't, while many other do as well.

Because if what you said me is what you wanted to say you didn't have to point out that "many other games" (which, I point out again, are not racing titles and don't host esports competitions) still use P2P.

You might say otherwise, but I think the attempt is pretty clear.

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, UP100 said:

You have just contradicted yourself with the post before this one you made. 

I don't know of any game I play that uses p2p for online play, game updates as an option is the only time I've seen p2p in any of my games. 

Codies are just cheap, let's face facts

9 minutes ago, pachedupdemon said:

You have just contradicted yourself with the post before this one you made. 

I don't know of any game I play that uses p2p for online play, game updates as an option is the only time I've seen p2p in any of my games. 

Codies are just cheap, let's face facts

Interesting that you don't know any games that use P2P for online play! I'll list some games that you probably know and are convieniently in my library of games. There may be some mistakes along the way but there are quite a lot of games I could include here thanks to the poor definition of the system in game development 😁

With P2P, most people mean a system in which the matchmaker puts the players together and one of the players will be nominated as a host for example. Not the way the "actual" P2P works. I don't know why we use the term P2P for these cases as well, but well what can ya do? I'd guess most likely the issue here isn't that you don't know games but you use a different definition of P2P.

• Many EA titles (Especially sports!)
  • Many Ubisoft titles
  • Many shooters like CoD for example
  • eFootball PES / PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER / ウイイレ20 whatever the name is these days
  • GTA IV / EFLC and GTA V
  • Some Valve games like Portal 2 or CSGO's private games
  • Terraria
  • Cobalt
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Company of Heroes 2 (Horrible in a way. Requires everything to be calculated the exact same way by both users in order for multiplayer to work. Also the reasoning why the MacOS and Linux guys are separated from Windows)
  • Some Paradox titles (like Prison Architect and HoI I suppose)
  • Civilization games
  • Total War games?
  • Tropico games

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Interesting that you don't know any games that use P2P for online play! I'll list some games that you probably know and are convieniently in my library of games. There may be some mistakes along the way but there are quite a lot of games I could include here thanks to the poor definition of the system in game development 😁

With P2P, most people mean a system in which the matchmaker puts the players together and one of the players will be nominated as a host for example. Not the way the "actual" P2P works. I don't know why we use the term P2P for these cases as well, but well what can ya do? I'd guess most likely the issue here isn't that you don't know games but you use a different definition of P2P.

• Many EA titles (Especially sports!)
  • Many Ubisoft titles
  • Many shooters like CoD for example
  • eFootball PES / PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER / ウイイレ20 whatever the name is these days
  • GTA IV / EFLC and GTA V
  • Some Valve games like Portal 2 or CSGO's private games
  • Terraria
  • Cobalt
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Company of Heroes 2 (Horrible in a way. Requires everything to be calculated the exact same way by both users in order for multiplayer to work. Also the reasoning why the MacOS and Linux guys are separated from Windows)
  • Some Paradox titles (like Prison Architect and HoI I suppose)
  • Civilization games
  • Total War games?
  • Tropico games

How many racing titles among these? You're signature says "not a codemaster employee" although it seems you're kinda paid or forced to defend their lazy work every single time

FIFA FUT uses dedicated servers anyway.

Let's do a list
Automobilista - dedicated
Automobilista 2 - P2P atm but dedicated coming in the following weeks (keep in mind it's an early access)
Assetto Corsa - dedicated
Assetto Corsa Competizione - dedicated
rFactor - dedicated
rFactor 2 - dedicated
Project CARS - dedicated
Project CARS 2 - dedicated
Race 07 - dedicated server
Raceroom Racing Experience - dedicated
iRacing - dedicated
GTR 2 - dedicated
NASCAR Heat Series - should have dedicated iirc
MotoGP 19 - dedicated
Wreckfest - dedicated
Life for Speed - dedicated
NASCAR Racing 2003 - dedicated
Forza Horizon 4 - dedicated

Just to mention a few, even from the past

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Thats why open beta is best, since then it will be tested in the real circumstances. 

but esports ready would be always best with dedicated servers. It would make esports more credible.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TheWalker17 said:

FIFA FUT uses dedicated servers anyway

AFAIK Only specific modes inside FUT uses dedicated servers. Most games still seem to use P2P. Although I have to base it on what I've seen on the internet

Also that list wasn't for you 😉

E: It was a list that included games from my library. I don't play racing games other than Codies, rF2 and some random ones like BeamNG. I took a look online, and here are some I found

• GT Sport
    Non-Sport modes according to news articles from 2016
  • I'd expect Microsoft Racing titles
    Microsoft is obviously going to use as much Xbox Live matchmaking as possible. I wasn't able to find much info about this, but at least in the past games like Forza Motorsport have gone the Xbox Live lobby + P2P route it seems.
  • Older Need for Speed titles
  • MotoGP xxxx-18
    They moved to Amazon services in 19 it seems and even the manual of 15 shows that they're using P2P
  • The Crew

I can already guess what you're going to say, "but those games are arcade". I'll just answer with "yeah but so are the F1 games" 😁

The point of F1 games has always been to more simulate the circus than the racing. Obviously people have different opinions about this but what F1 games have done the best in the past is to simplify the handling, so that everyone can play, while still having these kinds of incredibly tough and stressful moments of racing... Quite like this one!

NOTE: Explicit language

I don't usually care to complain about things others complain about if I don't have anything to add. Some of my usual complaints include the cutscene downgrade of EGO 3 F1 titles, the soundtrack downgrade of 2018 and the lack of Japanese localization for GRID for example. These just tend to get answered so I have no reason to continue complaining 😛 

Edited by UP100
Added another list!

8 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Thats why open beta is best, since then it will be tested in the real circumstances. 

but esports ready would be always best with dedicated servers. It would make esports more credible.

I think having around a 1000 testers is enough as it should provide enough players from all areas.

Dedicated servers are always useful, they do use some kind of LAN system in the actual F1 esports events but if the groundwork for the networking is still P2P-like, it doesn't help much 😕 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, UP100 said:

AFAIK Only specific modes inside FUT uses dedicated servers. Most games still seem to use P2P. Although I have to base it on what I've seen on the internet

Also that list wasn't for you 😉

E: It was a list that included games from my library. I don't play racing games other than Codies, rF2 and some random ones like BeamNG. I took a look online, and here are some I found

• GT Sport
    Non-Sport modes according to news articles from 2016
  • I'd expect Microsoft Racing titles
    Microsoft is obviously going to use as much Xbox Live matchmaking as possible. I wasn't able to find much info about this, but at least in the past games like Forza Motorsport have gone the Xbox Live lobby + P2P route it seems.
  • Older Need for Speed titles
  • MotoGP xxxx-18
    They moved to Amazon services in 19 it seems and even the manual of 15 shows that they're using P2P
  • The Crew

I can already guess what you're going to say, "but those games are arcade". I'll just answer with "yeah but so are the F1 games" 😁

The point of F1 games has always been to more simulate the circus than the racing. Obviously people have different opinions about this but what F1 games have done the best in the past is to simplify the handling, so that everyone can play, while still having these kinds of incredibly tough and stressful moments of racing... Quite like this one!

NOTE: Explicit language

I don't usually care to complain about things others complain about if I don't have anything to add. Some of my usual complaints include the cutscene downgrade of EGO 3 F1 titles, the soundtrack downgrade of 2018 and the lack of Japanese localization for GRID for example. These just tend to get answered so I have no reason to continue complaining 😛 

Well GTS has dedicated for the Sport mode, so it should be in the list with those other games.

Also read better my list, I already included arcades like FH4, Wreckfest, NASCAR Heat and Project CARS (yeah don't even try to say it's a sim, especially after Reiza released AMS2 which uses the same engine and is an actual sim), so you're again guessing wrong. Try again, next time you might be lucky.

There's no reason in 2020 for not having dedicated server in a game which has an esport championship and wants to make multiplayer one of the key features of the game. And Codies NEVER addressed this problem and NEVER gave an answer when asked. I hope this fierce defense of the game earns you a medal from Codemasters, Codies puppet.

Every human being that cares about his money would complain about the game having always the same problems which are never addressed

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

Well GTS has dedicated for the Sport mode, so it should be in the list with those other games.

Also read better my list, I already included arcades like FH4, Wreckfest, NASCAR Heat and Project CARS (yeah don't even try to say it's a sim, especially after Reiza released AMS2 which uses the same engine and is an actual sim), so you're again guessing wrong. Try again, next time you might be lucky.

There's no reason in 2020 for not having dedicated server in a game which has an esport championship and wants to make multiplayer one of the key features of the game. And Codies NEVER addressed this problem and NEVER gave an answer when asked. I hope this fierce defense of the game earns you a medal from Codemasters.

Every human being that cares about his money would complain about the game having always the same problems which are never addressed

My list of P2P includes games that have the possibility of P2P, such as CSGO for example, so we just list the games differently. I even mentioned the sport mode thingy myself! 🙂 

I guess I can adress this without even having a chance to look at the code: Obviously it'd be great to have dedicated servers but it may be a bit of a tough job if the networking system is made to work as only as "P2P".