F1® 2020 | Announce Trailer

39 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I’ve bought almost all previous F1 games at release. And I’ll most likely buy 2020 too. 
Was 2019 perfect? No, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. 

the only thing that kan kill this game for me, is if they go overboard with the microtransactions. Frequently updated, obtrusive, all-the-time-in-your-face microtransactions.

I hope I’m wrong, but all those “My Team” liveries, make me fear a mtx-fest. We’ll just have to see...

I agree.

I find it strange that F2 cars were not put in League mode, so that the Multiplayer car can be used as much as possible, i think as side effect to help to sell more liveries skins. But this i can only imagine.

We will see F1 2020 how that goes..

As i stated before, i will not buy the game day 1 as i did in the past, until i know what to expect with the new game and if things are solved.

23 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

Don’t get me wrong, I get it’s business and perhaps Codemasters plan on using those MTX to invest extra finances into the development and make the games better and better.

I get what you’re saying, but also, it’s a €60 - €70 game (on release day). Personally I wouldn’t want to play a career mode littered with microtransactions, when I’ve already paid full price for the game (I wouldn’t mind dlc-packs). 
Anyway, it’s still too early to tell, we’ll just have to wait and see. I’ll just wait for the reviews this year. 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

I find it strange that F2 cars were not put in League mode, so that the Multiplayer car can be used as much as possible, i think as side effect to help to sell more liveries skins. But this i can only imagine.

We will see F1 2020 how that goes..

As i stated before, i will not buy the game day 1 as i did in the past, until i know what to expect with the new game and if things are solved.

I get it, it’s the same for me. The whole multiplayer car-antics, left me with a bad taste in my mouth. 
For me, this kills the game more than anything else. Hopefully I’m wrong, we’ll see. 

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed

I would sincerely regret microtransactions. I’m not very fond of custom liveries aswell, but I understand there is demand. And I understand the business model. Classic carpacks and circuits however as dlc wouldn’t be a problem for me, hence let them come. 

41 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

I’m not very fond of custom liveries aswell, 

Never understood that either. As an F1 fan I like the realism of seeing the actual cars, teams and drivers on track.

44 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Classic carpacks and circuits however as dlc wouldn’t be a problem for me, hence let them come. 

Yes, please!

I heard that two versions of the game will come out, one standard and the other pad overpower edition, is it true?
  • Haha 3
  • Disagree 1

Has it been confirmed whether we can name our teams ourselves? Or do we have to pick from a few predetermined names?

Before the release F1 2020 is already a joke. "Added split screen" --> ***? What is this? Mario Kart?

And be the 11th team? Really? All for the money1 Right Codemasters?

No F1 2020 for me. What a joke...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, JackLane1982 said:

Before the release F1 2020 is already a joke. "Added split screen" --> ***? What is this? Mario Kart?

Well, I never thought I'd see someone get mad at a game including local couch multiplayer, but here we are.

• Agree 7

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, JackLane1982 said:

And be the 11th team? Really? All for the money1 Right Codemasters?

To be honest, the split screen and the eleventh team are not a bad addition. It's very cool to race on a split screen, especially since many games do not have this option. But the worst part is that Codemasters seems to be focusing only on that. Such features are only a side issue when it comes to racing games. I'm afraid that this year we won't see any interesting things in the game since in the trailers that should cause hype we only see some colorful cars. Last year we had a Formula 2 car in the same trailer and that was something interesting. And the 11th team? Nah.

A lot of people want better handling, but Codemasters can't see that. I understand perfectly well that there are players who only play the game for the fun, but there are also a lot of players who want a more simulation oriented direction. Is that so hard to do? Since in the game we have a choice of assist, AI driver level or car damage, where is the problem of creating setting named e.g. driving characteristics where you could choose between simulation and arcade? 

Edited by ElRubio7
  • Agree 6

With the amount of Dedicated Leagues out there , and the Time Spent by all the Drivers trying to perfect the Tracks , I can also vouch for the Fact that we want a Better and more Stable multiplayer experience.

The Understeery , floaty Car experience especially when it gets wet , is a personal irritation to me , but it seems that I have to make peace with the fact that according to the game, a F1 Car can slide and do a 360 whilst going 25 km/h ..

• Agree 1

The key thing for me is that some of us has completed wishlist of how we want to see in a new tittle, I haver read a lot of them and none of that what I had read demanded split screen... none.

The vast majority of racing games dont add split screen because there a a big amount of simdrivers who use wheel and I cant see the point to play with a mate with a pad, so, that issue is included for the pad gamers, they are the one who should decide if that issue is good for their own. IMO is a waste of time, but I can understand that for others drivers dont. 

But whais demanding in the comunity is a less arcade game, multiplayer stability and things like that. If Codemasters wanted to hype us in some point, there are not included in the trailer... 

Codemasters should listen gamers in order to experiment with issues that nobody demanded. I think that we waste our time doing wishlist... I hope I am wrong...

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, JuanCarMR said:

The key thing for me is that some of us has completed wishlist of how we want to see in a new tittle, I haver read a lot of them and none of that what I had read demanded split screen... none.

The vast majority of racing games dont add split screen because there a a big amount of simdrivers who use wheel and I cant see the point to play with a mate with a pad, so, that issue is included for the pad gamers, they are the one who should decide if that issue is good for their own. IMO is a waste of time, but I can understand that for others drivers dont. 

But whais demanding in the comunity is a less arcade game, multiplayer stability and things like that. If Codemasters wanted to hype us in some point, there are not included in the trailer... 

Codemasters should listen gamers in order to experiment with issues that nobody demanded. I think that we waste our time doing wishlist... I hope I am wrong...

https://forums.codemasters.com/search/?q=split screen&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles 

https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/search?q=split screen&restrict_sr=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/search?q=split screen&restrict_sr=1

Just some examples there.

The split screen feature was already supposed to be in GRID 2019 but something happened with that. F1 2020 would not be the only game benefitting from this feature! ...and we don't even know if the F1 team was the one developing the feature.

Edited by UP100

@UP100 I wouldn’t like to compare Grid with F1 series, maybe because I would prefer think the F1 series is less arcade game than Grid one. 

24 minutes ago, JuanCarMR said:

@UP100 I wouldn’t like to compare Grid with F1 series, maybe because I would prefer think the F1 series is less arcade game than Grid one. 

I didn't compare GRID to F1 games. I tried to say that GRID 2019 was supposed to have split screen support, so we don't know who actually developed the feature 🙂 

• Agree 1

Schumacher Special eh?

I'll hope that this special thing is not only about "time trial" or etc...

how about some iconic moments with that 4 cars of MSC?

I wonder if Codemasters will ever bring out a "Normal, Standard" Edition out.

Each year seems to have to be some sort of a "Special Edition" , anybody in the know how that can explain why , or just normal marketing gimmicks for the 12 year olds ?

1 hour ago, Sith Metal said:

will F1 2020 have the old school race cars like 2018 and 2019 has?

There are 4 new cars coming (can't remember off the top of my head) but everything before 1988 is being removed.  Yeah.  Sucks.  😞

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, ZixClon said:

@barrylb

Its always the same race option

50% is not balanced for race stratégie if you take a look on some track. Will you had the 75% race? It will be great if we get it for the first time since 5 years

Wow that's yet another thing people have waited for since the Xbox 360 PS3 gen to be re-introduced into the game. And yet no answer  

On 4/22/2020 at 5:13 PM, DrDraken said:

There are 4 new cars coming (can't remember off the top of my head) but everything before 1988 is being removed.  Yeah.  Sucks.  😞

Where did you read this?

si dice che con F1 2020 sarà possibile giocare in multigiocatore tra PC e PS4. Sarà vero?