Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

F1® 2020 | Announce Trailer

Also here:

On 4/22/2020 at 11:14 AM, Sector4 said:

It's already been confirmed.

According to steam, all the classic cars from before 1988 are removed from the game, the rest from F1 2019 remain. In addition to this, there are 4 DLC cars (Jordan 191, Benetton B194/B195, Ferrari F1-2000).

F2 will be in the game, possibly the 2019 at first and then 2020 updated later. 

And obviously all 2020 F1 cars will be in the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

Most likely from one of the store descriptions, such as from Steam: image.png.a5ea80ed64ee16735f6774121770d5f8.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1080110/F1_2020/

Not good but thank you. Quite disappointing since I liked the Ferrari and McLaren from 1976. They have to do something to keep all the classic cars. Otherwise we won't get a game with every (or at least 95%) of the classic cars.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, advanceapple said:

https://realsport101.com/racing/f1/f1-2020-game-ps5-dualsense-controller-is-a-revloution-for-pad-casual-racers-haptic-feedback-adaptive-triggers-release-date/

what sense does it make to buy steering wheels for the next generation, if the pad is equivalent to the steering wheel?

And you think the gamepad is overpowered now, just wait... 😁

1 hour ago, ChasteWand said:

And you think the gamepad is overpowered now, just wait... 😁

i know, pad OP to F1 2019. but why also on F1 2020.

@BarryBL what do you have to say about this story?

• Agree 1

I actually like the 11th team and split screen ideas. I remember not liking when split screen was taken away in earlier versions (when I still had friends) and I requested 11th team this year.

Also, if there is an option to not use the 11th team and split screen then I don't understand the complaining. Someone also mentioned in another thread Codemasters have teamed up with Project Cars 2 so I wonder if there will be any benefit.

I'm just hoping for a multiplayer co-op championship just like in previous F1 games, EXCEPT F1 2019... It still boggles my mind why this feature was removed.
The league system is way to restricted for just roleplaying a championship with my best friend. Ahh remember the days when we had a co-op career?! Golden days...

• Agree 1

On 4/24/2020 at 7:11 PM, advanceapple said:

i know, pad OP to F1 2019. but why also on F1 2020.

@BarryBL what do you have to say about this story?

The first thing to say on this story is the the first line of the story. "The general consensus is that you can’t be as fast on F1 games on a pad as you can be on wheel & pedals". Agreed with this. The top 1% of players all play on wheels, and that is for a reason.

I can't confirm anything on the new PS5 controllers or how they will behave moving forward. There is no concrete proof of any performance difference at all. There is no data of proof or any evidence of anything pushing the pad vs wheel debate, which we ended in a statement a long time ago. 

You're first statement @advanceapple is simply not true. the article is an opinion piece demonstrating the new improvements of the controller, and has nothing to do with comparative performance against certain games. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

The first thing to say on this story is the the first line of the story. "The general consensus is that you can’t be as fast on F1 games on a pad as you can be on wheel & pedals". Agreed with this. The top 1% of players all play on wheels, and that is for a reason.

I can't confirm anything on the new PS5 controllers or how they will behave moving forward. There is no concrete proof of any performance difference at all. There is no data of proof or any evidence of anything pushing the pad vs wheel debate, which we ended in a statement a long time ago. 

You're first statement @advanceapple is simply not true. the article is an opinion piece demonstrating the new improvements of the controller, and has nothing to do with comparative performance against certain games. 

22 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

so if I told you that in a 100% the weight of the car is level 0 as if it were unloaded, while with the steering wheel you feel that it is heavy, it is because I have a broken pad, right?
you know the direction that has been taken, so stay with your idea that I'm staying with mine.
Thanks for the reply.
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

Some more info on the new F1 2020 game from Lee Mather talking to Red Bull about the game...

https://amp.redbull.com/int-en/f1-2020-codemasters-interview

He goes into some more detail about the game and the new My Team mode features... 

Reading this interview got me slighty more hyped up :
- You can train drivers and staff
- You can open facilities (I guess for R&D & training)
- You can get multiple sponsors it seems
- You can hire drivers from both F1 & F2 (yay !)
- There's a mention of media deals ?

• Agree 2

with great disappointment the Codemasters road was learned. I expected a game that went more towards simulation but they added steering assistance and simplified off-road surfaces. They had to be made more difficult rather than simplified. In the career you should then start from f2 to make your way into f1 and the sponsor editor should follow the game of MotoGP instead of finding standard sponsors without being able to customize.

• Agree 3

Please Barry tell us what about VR support? Is that such a difficult question? Yes or no???

Posted (edited)

They can't even simulate complex weather pattern's correctly. FYI @BarryBL codemasters had localized weather in F1 2012 I recommend you try it in dynamic conditions if you have a copy of the game. It's asking a lot given the age. What was great about that system it kept the player guessing what tyres to be on sometimes it was impossible to tell. So if sector three or one was wet the other two sectors were dry. When the cars started going over the racing line they created a drying line after a shower. You could go on dry tyre's half way through intermediate conditions on slicks just as long you stuck on the racing line. Stray away from the racing line and you aquaplane off the track or spin.

The last few games are too predicable with weather doesn't even feel realistic because as soon as DRS is disabled/enabled that marks the changeover point making it easier to notice.   

Edited by Chromatic
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

nice and good that new things are added every year. it's time to fix the main problems, thanks

long list ....

Edited by SALTBoneSteak
  • Agree 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, RaceMyZaru said:

Well, I never thought I'd see someone get mad at a game including local couch multiplayer, but here we are.

Indeed, here we are...

I'm very excited with this one. Codemasters really know how to get me interested every time. I was planning to skip F1 2020 as I got bored with being the driver every year. More than ten years being the world champion was enough. I've been dreaming of an official F1 manager for a while now so I'm in. I know my expectations will be too high and I won't be getting a manager game that is even fun to play whilst not being a driver but the manager aspect draws me again to pre-order. Damn you codemasters. :classic_laugh: Better amaze me with the manager part of the game.

4 hours ago, Neomo said:

U kidding right?

No he's not. Although he's not exactly right. Most people buy wheels to experience a huge boost to realism and finally experience the fine control you get from using 'real' peripherals. A wheel really opens up any racing game and makes even just driving around slowly a total blast. But if you're buying a wheel to get better results in your F1 races you're in for a BIG shock. Only the best wheel drivers in the world can compete with pad users, equal ability drivers are actually at a disadvantage. The pad is boosted to make it competitive against wheel users because if it wasn't they would be slaughtered every time. This stops basically people with just more money from getting an unfair advantage. Sadly though the boost went too far and actually biases the game against wheel users, unless you're one of the best that is.

• Agree 5

39 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

No he's not. Although he's not exactly right. Most people buy wheels to experience a huge boost to realism and finally experience the fine control you get from using 'real' peripherals. A wheel really opens up any racing game and makes even just driving around slowly a total blast. But if you're buying a wheel to get better results in your F1 races you're in for a BIG shock. Only the best wheel drivers in the world can compete with pad users, equal ability drivers are actually at a disadvantage. The pad is boosted to make it competitive against wheel users because if it wasn't they would be slaughtered every time. This stops basically people with just more money from getting an unfair advantage. Sadly though the boost went too far and actually biases the game against wheel users, unless you're one of the best that is.

He wrote what sense does it to byu wheel....for racing game 😂. So what sense is playing racing game on pad?Ye in arcade like F1 series u could be competitive but in sims, no way

On 4/20/2020 at 3:40 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi @hangar1851

I find it very difficult to understand how you have judged our efforts on the announcement trailer. While you are more than entitled to do what you like, maybe you should read some of my earlier posts on this thread on the trailer and it’s intentions. 

Seems like a sweeping action based on under 1 minute of media. 

To @BarryBL

I am judging your efforts on 2 points.  Point number 1 is how F1 2019 is not very good.  Graphics are great, Brian Tyler's theme is in, the presentation looks legit, but, as I listed in an earlier post, there are so many things that are wrong with it that 2019 is broken, or borderline broken.  A baffling penalty system, A.I. that drives into you as if you aren't there, unrealistic ERS in Multiplayer, and curbs that the A.I. driver over fine, but we drive over them and we spin into a wall. To put out another game a year later, it looks, from the outside, and as a consumer, that it is a lick of paint and some extra modes.  Point number 2 is that it looks like no one who works for Codemasters is willing to tell us, the people who buy these games, if the things that we, the consumers and players, are saying are broken or need to be looked at, are in fact being looked at.  A little bit of "Well, we can't tell you that" comes across as "You'll just have to buy the game to see if we have!", which is a little bit unfair to us.  I want to support these F1 games, I really do, as does everyone else in these forums.  And, all these complaints that we post in here, we are trying to help make it the best F1 game ever.  I'm not trying to be combative, I just want to know that if I pay the $130 for the Schumacher Edition, that I am getting a game that is fun and enjoyable, not a game that plays like F1 2019 with all the weird stuff that goes on in it.  I want you and the rest of Codemasters to prove me wrong, to make purchasing F1 2020 something worthwhile, not more money down the toilet.  I hope what I am saying seems fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, hangar1851 said:

To @BarryBL

Point number 2 is that it looks like no one who works for Codemasters is willing to tell us, the people who buy these games, if the things that we, the consumers and players, are saying are broken or need to be looked at, are in fact being looked at.  A little bit of "Well, we can't tell you that" comes across as "You'll just have to buy the game to see if we have!", which is a little bit unfair to us. 

The only reason this is currently the case @hangar1851 is for much wider-ranging legal and announcement reasons. We currently only have certain amounts of information for a reason, and it is not in my job role to be disclosing new information outside of the current official channels, neither is my intention to. This is pretty common knowledge across the forums, and accepted as normal in the gaming world. 

Where I cannot make the decision for you, I'd recommend staying tuned for official news, updates and information. As soon as I have any information for the general fan-base, its always posted on here 👍

• Like 1