Low performance after releasing season 3 and patch

Posted (edited)

I have a drop in frame rate from 96 to 76 average FPS  when benchmarking after the season 3 update.

Also when playing online I get black screen freezes as well as getting kicked from the session after one race or two races in  multiple round championship lobby.   Career mode works fine. And this also after season 3 update.

I am running on I5 6600k and8GB RAM with NVIDIA GeForce 1060+ latest v445.87 driver from NVIDIA .My monitor is a gaming 144 FPS  running resolution at 1920 and all my graphics settings are at its lowest except Particles and light to achieve high FPS.

NB:Windows 10 Home 64-bit and version 1909!!! (build 18363.778). Doesn't matter what car or  circuit  or combination of any of that.  Career mode working fine only online playing that gives black screen or gives message that says you were kicked from the session. (It might be certain cars or circuits. I didn't use observation in that regard so it might  be possible). NB!!!!!!!>>>> Please take note that I had exactly the same issues at  release of the game and it went away after week or two after  patches.

NB: please help. This is my favourite game. I was waiting to put a review on this game after the last season release. I cannot give a good review if I cannot play the damn game online. I don't care about stupid career mode.

hardware_settings_config.xml

hardware_settings_info.xml

Edited by SpeedDemon666JJ
Important info plus hardware settings as request

bonjour meme probleme aussi depuis la mise a jour de la saison 3 avec comme config i7 7700 16go de ram et 1070 gtx 8go je fait tourner le jeux tout en elever a 60 fps constant en 2048x1536 mais depuis la mise a jour jai des chute de framerate surtout dans les circuit en ville alors que avant sa tourner niquel jai essayer de baisser les graphisme sans aucun suscces jespere un patch asser rapidement de leur part

Posted (edited)

I have found something interesting on my 1050ti on ultra preset in some parts of track GPU is "lazy" only ~ 40 % usage and low temps, vram usage 3000-3500 mb , ~20 fps.

When I drop down Textures quality form Ultra High to High ( everything else on ultra) game rund very well GPU is on 95-99% usage fps very stable ~40 on 1080p.

So this is problem with ultra textures ( maybe on my machine ofcourse )

Spec I7 7700 hq, 16gb ram 2400 mhz , gtx 1050ti 4GB

Edited by PiOTr202
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, ratgunter said:

What is a progress? We are waiting ~ 2 weeks :(((((

Still being tested but we're looking to implement a fix in the next patch. Working hard to get it solved!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, CMTGK said:

Still being tested but we're looking to implement a fix in the next patch. Working hard to get it solved!

I am QA engineer and I know that this work is very important. So good luck to your QA team 🙂

Edited by ratgunter
  • Agree 1

Awesome job. Looking forward to the patch.

after update, have better result but still not good enough, fps drop still happen to me.. 

20200511182705_1.jpg

How does this compare to the performance you were getting pre-Season 3, @ketombe?

2 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

How does this compare to the performance you were getting pre-Season 3, @ketombe?

absolutely better, but when fps drop to 20 thats ruin the whole game

Just now, ketombe said:

absolutely better, but when fps drop to 20 thats ruin the whole game

Did you play the game before Season 3 was released on April 15th? Most people in this thread are noting that performance dropped when Season 3 released, this has now been rectified.

Did you play the game before Season 3 was released on April 15th? Most people in this thread are noting that performance dropped when Season 3 released, this has now been rectified.

no, i'm buying grid ultimate edition in april 22 2020

Just now, ketombe said:

no, i'm buying grid ultimate edition in april 22 2020

Thank you for clarifying. Given the specs of your PC then, this is probably the performance you should be expecting in the game. If you drop the graphics in some areas (some say that reducing the 'crowd' quality helps a lot) then you should get more consistent performance. Adjust some of the settings and see what works best for you 🙂

Posted (edited)

Thank you for clarifying. Given the specs of your PC then, this is probably the performance you should be expecting in the game. If you drop the graphics in some areas (some say that reducing the 'crowd' quality helps a lot) then you should get more consistent performance. Adjust some of the settings and see what works best for you 🙂

you can see my spec in the picture, i have attach my benchmark result. are you not see it?
btw, that benchmark in medium setting..

Edited by ketombe

2 minutes ago, ketombe said:

you can see my spec in the picture, i have attach my benchmark result. are you not see it?

Yes, and my response is taking that into consideration. I don't know your full specs but from what I can tell you're trying to run the game at 1440p, therefore the performance you are getting is about right - try lowering the settings.

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

Yes, and my response is taking that into consideration. I don't know your full specs but from what I can tell you're trying to run the game at 1440p, therefore the performance you are getting is about right - try lowering the settings.

oh my god, i'm running in 1080p in medium setting, my full spec pc is
cpu amd ryzen 1700x
mobo asrock ab350 fatality
mem 2x8 corsair ddr4 2666mhz
storage nvme adata xpg sx8200 PCIe gen3x4 512mb
psu coolermaster v1000 1000watt
vga msi rx570 oc edition
mouse & keyboard logitech wireless
xbox 360 controller
radeon driver version 20.2.2 
windows 10 pro version 1909 os build 18363.815

maybe its my fault, i dont know why i'm buying this game. i dont have this exprience in another game...

29 minutes ago, ratgunter said:

Great work! Now my performance is very good! Thank You!

can you post your benchmark result ss here?

35 minutes ago, ketombe said:

can you post your benchmark result ss here?

Clip2net_200511204550.png

• Thanks 1

I got back about 26 fps average and never went under 100. It was dropping into 70's before this fix.

20200511104956_1.thumb.jpg.2baa8c8413cdd70913e4cb9a8d75eb98.jpg

• Like 2