Low performance after releasing season 3 and patch

After releasing season 3 and new patch, my average fps decreased:(((((( I used ultra settings and before patch it was 50-60 fps. After patch it is 25-40 fps..... Codemasters, please make a hotfix. I have amd fx 8320 3,5 Ghz, 16gm ram, gtx 1070

Another messages from other people from steam community:

1) Lower performance here as well, not really lower fps but the menus are slower, textures take longer to load, etc

2) I also noticed a lower performance than before the patch. It seems that textures are loading a bit later/slower than usual (noticed this while doing the season 1 accolade on Okutama Sprint with the Audi) and also have way more fps dips. Not as dramatic as from 50-60 fps to 25-40 fps but more from 60 fps to 50 fps or sometimes 45 fps, after setting all settings to "High". Before that I even used "Ultra High", which worked fine for me even if I'm below the recommended settings (Ryzen 2400G and a GTX 1060 6GB here).

3) lower fps for me also, 60 fps steady at 2560x1440 ultra settings, now bouncing down to 40 sometimes

4) Same problem, low fps here, I'm on my I5 7300HQ 1050Ti 4Gb, 8Gb RAM laptop, game used to do 45-60 now 25-40

Posted (edited)

You can add longer track loading times to the list. When Grid first released it took like 5 seconds, with every season update it seems to get worse and it's now up to 30 seconds for me.

Edit: That's with no hardware/software changes on my end.

Edited by RipHawk

I'll look into whether this is a known issue/whether there has been a change that has meant this is the case. You can expect a reply from me tomorrow on this.

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, CMTGK said:

I'll look into whether this is a known issue/whether there has been a change that has meant this is the case. You can expect a reply from me tomorrow on this.

Update - meeting has been pushed back to Monday morning.

Posted (edited)

Some another feedback from steam community about low performance:

• Can confirm. Some maps are bugged after update. Framerate dropping for no reason. Conditions and car class doesent matter. No way 2070S cant handle this. They better to patch this.
  • Wow. I thought my laptop acting like a weirdo again. But apparently the game act like one. I'll be waiting for the hotfix.
  • Same for me. Menus see my GPU utilisation at 99% (as expected), get into the game, GPU utilisation drops to 40-50% and **** frame rates 😞
  • Maybe they shifted AI handling over to cpu ? HotLap qualifying perfect, race same track and conditions , then fps drops I did freeplay and dropped the field to 5 cars and it was a bit better but still drops

Edited by ratgunter

same issue with the loadtiemes, first race of the session seems to be ok, but later ones have way longer loadtimes. and that's on an m2 ssd 

I have a drop in frame rate from 96 to 76 average FPS  when benchmarking after the season 3 update.

Also when playing online I get black screen freezes as well as getting kicked from the session after one race or two races in  multiple round championship lobby.   Career mode works fine. And this also after season 3 update.

I am running on I5 6600k with NVIDIA GeForce 1060. My monitor is a gaming 144 FPS  running resolution at 1920 and all my graphics settings are at its lowest except Particles and light to achieve high FPS.

NB: please help. This is my favourite game. I was waiting to put a review on this game after the last season release. I cannot give a good review if I cannot play the damn game online. I don't care about stupid career mode.

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this. It's being looked at right now. I'll have more information for you soon. 

Can everyone make sure that they have installed Windows 1909 on their machines or confirm they are seeing these changes in performance despite being on that version? Early indications suggest that this could be a DX12 problem with older versions of Windows.

Can anyone confirm that they're having issues in particular parts of the game? For example, crowded areas. Or, is it consistent no matter what track/car you're using?

I didn't test all cases, but i see a problem when i in race with 16 bots (for example okutama sprint day, paris night rain) with any car (porshe, etc).

The best example is benchmark: now it shows for me average 25 fps in san franciso grand prix circuit (day). Previously it was 50-60 fps.

• Thanks 1

Some maps showing worse performance such as Havana, or Paris/San Francisco. They can show atrocious performance, but overall performance is dropped really significant. Game cant hold stable 60FPS most of the time and dips to 55-50 and even low 40s. GPU usage barely touching 50%. Windows is totally up to date, and I totally meet Ultra settings requirements. Before Season 3 patch, game worked absolutely good, without any single performance problem.

• Agree 1

Hey folks, thanks for waiting. 

We've logged this as a bug and are doing what we can to look at reproducing this. I'll let you as soon as I get an update.

• Like 3

buying this game today and have very bad exprience. gpu usage down to 0% sometime when playing, even on low setting.
how long i need to waiting for this fix? its not playable at all, framerate drop below 20fps make me mad.
i dont know what i must do, do you think i must ask for refund?

cssunsetharbor1.jpg

• Like 1

for more information this my windows version, hope this helpful

cssunsetharbor1.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I haven't played this game in a month or so but on loading it up today I was really, really puzzled by the performance which was previously 60+ fps at 2560x1440 on my GTX 1080 Ti but is now in the 30-45 fps range!!!

What is bizarre is that CPU usage (of my 3.9 GHz i7-4770K)  is around 60-70% max but the GPU usage is really low at around 30-35% even though my card is boosting to 1950-2000 MHz.

Is this an issue with a recent patch then, a bug with G-SYNC or just DX12 being a bit rubbish again?

I am using the latest v445.87 driver from NVIDIA and use a 165 Hz G-SYNC display.

P.S. I tried enabling the Dynamic Resolution option with a 60 fps target framerate and the game suddenly became very, very blurry as if it was being rendered at a very low resolution. Yet the framerate remained exactly the same and in the 30-45 fps and was still unable to achieve 60 fps!!!

Something is very, very wrong with this game post-patch IMO.

Using Windows 10 v2004 Build 19041.207 by the way, if that makes any difference.

Edited by Daz1967

Something is definitely amiss with this game... just ran the built in benchmark at 2560x1440 and got a shocking 37 fps average with low GPU usage throughout. I then set the game's resolution to 3840x2160 and ran the benchmark with the same maxed out settings. I got an average of 39 fps!!!

Even accounting for some randomness in the benchmark due to the car placements during the test race, you would expect a 50% increase in resolution to cause a big performance hit on my GTX 1080 Ti but the higher resolution actually increases the GPU usage and results in a higher average framerate than the lower resolution.

By the way, I tested this with G-SYNC disabled in case it was a bug with that which was causing low GPU usage and framerates but it had the same results as with it enabled so it doesn't appear to be that.

What on earth have they done to this game?

On 4/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, RipHawk said:

You can add longer track loading times to the list. When Grid first released it took like 5 seconds, with every season update it seems to get worse and it's now up to 30 seconds for me.

Edit: That's with no hardware/software changes on my end.

Yes, I can confirm noticeably longer loading times too plus when the game returns to the main menu with the car graphics I can see the textures popping in just a fraction of a second too late, something which I never noticed before. I would say the loading times of race events is doubled. The game is still installed to the same drive I played it on a month ago.

Very disappointing to see a game that has been out months have issues like this. Is this down to inadequate/incomplete testing and quality assurance?

• Agree 1

Thank you all for the additional information. We're actively looking into what could be causing this. I'll update as soon as I have more to share. 

• Agree 2

Additionally, if people could add their Hardware Settings to this thread then that would be very useful.

They can be found here: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\My Games\GRID (2019)\hardwaresettings