Codemasters beating your expectations with F1 2020 title

So I got a notification on my phone from the F1 app saying "Be the grid's 11th team with the new F1® 2020..." and I stopped studying, read the whole thing and came here.

People didn't really expect much from the game this year, some even believed there would be no game because of so many races postponed because of the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak. The ones who believed in a 2020 title expected it to be just a remake from last year's game with just new liveries, tracks and driver changes, so that Codies could focus more on the new 2021 regulations (which were postponed too though).

Welp, I guess we were wrong!

Our beloved Career Mode is now casual player -friendly with the shorter season options.

And YES, we FINALLY get a MY TEAM MODE! (woop in the chat for that) They haven't announced more than this, but I can imagine the 22 cars on the grid, two cars with your own custom liveries. I don't know where they will get the two extra drivers.

Will we finally see other F2 drivers get promoted in the future seasons when playing those My Team and Career modes? The game creating it's own future talents who replace the drivers who have left F2? F1 driver retirements? F3? How much there will be a difference between Career Mode and My Team? Will we see Lukas Weber and Devon Butler again or will there be completely new characters?

I hope the problems of F1 2019 have been fixed, such as AI wet traction, AI bad defending skill, (V)SC deployment.

Also you can play two player split-screen on your consoles!

Lewis Hamilton might claim the seventh world championship and tie up with Michael Schumacher, so you can buy a Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition that includes four of the most iconic cars the German legend has driven.

On 10th of July, I surely will be one of the first people at our local GameStop buying this game.

For the trailer, go https://youtu.be/sd96C67i8aE

• Confused 2

The reduced length season options are the same as what you already have with custom championships. Unless they are available in Career as well, which would definitely be new. Admitted it would take at least 1 or 2 minutes to create a custom championship at the moment and casuals just don't have that amount of patience so that's an exciting new option!

• Haha 2

Feels to me like they are just making the game even more for 12-year olds. For me I wish they could just focus on the handling of the car, AI's behavior when lapped/blue flags, full control in pit lane, practice starts, etc, etc, with things to make it more realistic. I am not here for roleplay and designing my make belive F1 car, I want to drive what is supposed to be an F1 car behaving as realistic as possible. And I am guessing Codemasters still dont put much effort into that, when they continue to realese new silly features for the game like this.

But that is just me and I am assuming that I am not the target audience for Codemasters, as I could just go and play iRacing, right?

• Agree 6

Well after watching the trailer I'm happy the Jordan 191 is in the game (Last time was F1 2004) Best to reserve judgement until we see something better. Unpredictable weather patterns, drying lines, classic circuits, red flags, Co-op etc    

7 hours ago, Uppern said:

Feels to me like they are just making the game even more for 12-year olds. For me I wish they could just focus on the handling of the car, AI's behavior when lapped/blue flags, full control in pit lane, practice starts, etc, etc, with things to make it more realistic. I am not here for roleplay and designing my make belive F1 car, I want to drive what is supposed to be an F1 car behaving as realistic as possible. And I am guessing Codemasters still dont put much effort into that, when they continue to realese new silly features for the game like this.

But that is just me and I am assuming that I am not the target audience for Codemasters, as I could just go and play iRacing, right?

This. I lost every hope for f1 game franchise to be a little bit more realistic. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

hype for nothing like every year. One feature and you explode...

11th team is great but you already know the livery will look like this years Multiplayer cars, totaly fake.

Schumacher Edition also BS like this years Senna vs Prost. You have the cars right, but you dont have the grid, the tracks, the emotions, ...nothing.

If you go with the classic stuff you have to recreate scenarios from Schumachers career and not only put Jordan and Benetton car in the game and thats it...

and the more important thing is: what about handling and AI, what about damage model what about penalty system? exactly nothing.....

Edited by 2Pacalypse

So in my team mode you’re gonna be the driver and the manager of the team?🙄🙄🙄very realistic.

The op read just like the article written by codemasters, pls don't say they have. Reverted to making fake accounts posting threads that are positive and trying to drum up hype here in the forums 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pachedupdemon said:

The op read just like the article written by codemasters, pls don't say they have. Reverted to making fake accounts posting threads that are positive and trying to drum up hype here in the forums 

Well, their name is "SomeFishyStuff" so...

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, pachedupdemon said:

Fishy maybe yes but Codies no. If you actually read all the blinding praise there is one line in the middle saying I HOPE CODIES FIXED THESE THINGS. it's not in caps I just did that so you wouldn't miss it...unlike the OP lol

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Fishy maybe yes but Codies no. If you actually read all the blinding praise there is one line in the middle saying I HOPE CODIES FIXED THESE THINGS. it's not in caps I just did that so you wouldn't miss it...unlike the OP lol

True.  I was also being very tongue-in-cheek.  I think OP might just be rather excited with the new features.  🙂

27 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

True.  I was also being very tongue-in-cheek.  I think OP might just be rather excited with the new features.  🙂

Theres ALWAYS one! 🙃🙃🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

So that makes it not codemasters gotcha

If that Schumacher content is just as incredible and gives you that WOW factor like the Senna VS. Prost content, this will be the best game ever.

*end sarcasm mode*

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, AlexTT said:

If that Schumacher content is just as incredible and gives you that WOW factor like the Senna VS. Prost content, this will be the best game ever.

*end sarcasm mode*

Without the original tracks and all the cars and drivers they competed with its just a sprinkle of icing on a non existent cake. Are they going to do this on the cheap EVERY year in lieu of either ambitious new ideas or a fully fledged bonus? I'd give my 60 bucks now to race a full season in the nineties or oughties with modern graphics and all the classic cars and engines screaming around you. They should release full classic seasons as fully fledged dlc with everything from the Era included for immersion. Why does it have to be just a dream?

https://wtf1.com/post/8-of-the-best-sounding-f1-engines-ever/

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2020 at 8:11 AM, 2Pacalypse said:

11th team is great but you already know the livery will look like this years Multiplayer cars, totaly fake.

I agree, they do look pretty bad. But I’m afraid the whole 11th team, (as fun as it may seem,) is just a way to sneak in mtx in the career mode. 

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2020 at 10:43 AM, peanutt2000 said:

So in my team mode you’re gonna be the driver and the manager of the team?🙄🙄🙄very realistic.

Don't think of it as controlling one person (the driver). You're controlling the whole team.

It's no different to the career upgrades really since the driver wouldn't be doing that either.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Liaveil said:

Don't think of it as controlling one person (the driver). You're controlling the whole team.

It's no different to the career upgrades really since the driver wouldn't be doing that either.

It's a game folks! Like fifa's player/manager career. At least codemasters aren't quite as insidious as ea in their business practice.

• Agree 1

Let's not get too hyped! I fired up 2018 and was presented with this buggy situation. Bottas was stuck driving around with the pit limiter on and a big crash with multiple penalties. 

17-04-2020_10-38-08-oamqzdqm.png

17-04-2020_10-38-23-e3rsvlxe.png

17-04-2020_10-38-43-3dpcy45s.png

• Confused 1

I reckon if they could put tyre selection and tyre wear in the time trial section this would be better for setting up the car for races..

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I agree, they do look pretty bad. But I’m afraid the whole 11th team, (as fun as it may seem,) is just a way to sneak in mtx in the career mode. 

Exactly this.

They saw probably nobody cared about the paid liveries because it's no use, so they're adding this "my team" mode, they hope someone will buy a couple of liveries for his own team.

People don't be too faithful about the personal team mode. It will probably be nothing different from the normal career mode, just with the chance to choose a sponsor and a engine supplier. I bet the rest will be like 2019 career mode.

They're becoming like EA: a copy paste of the previous games with mtx

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 1

Had to figure out mtx. God I'm old. I come from a time before the people who dreamt this **** up hadn't even been dreamt up by their ma and pa.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1