Jump to content Jump to content

Grid game and racing wheel

Davoz

I have purchased an Xbox One S and a Hori Racing Wheel Overdrive. Both work fine in games so far. I have just tried the Trial version of the new Grid game but it doesn't recognise the steering wheel only the Xbox controller in the games Controller options.

Does anybody know if it is compatible with the game or any way to get it to work?

Thanks

Thanks for info Assiemodis but I can't understand why the game is only made to work with certain wheels, wouldn't you make it work with them all? So it seems to play the game I need to change my steering wheel which I won't be doing as there's other racing games to play. So they are missing out on a customer just because they don't make the game work with all steering wheels. Not very forward thinking on their part!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 5:24 AM, Davoz said:

Thanks for info Assiemodis but I can't understand why the game is only made to work with certain wheels, wouldn't you make it work with them all? So it seems to play the game I need to change my steering wheel which I won't be doing as there's other racing games to play. So they are missing out on a customer just because they don't make the game work with all steering wheels. Not very forward thinking on their part!!

you might expect that they include every xbox1-wheel combo that there is indeed, not sure why they didn't include the Hori Racing Wheel.

Codemasters employees are also not eager to jump in and help you as it seems. 

I have just gone back and tried my Grid game and to my surprise my Hori Racing Wheel now works. Being new to Xbox (my first one) as I've been a PC gamer for a long time and not knowing how the Xbox works I think I might know what the problem was. I first played the game while in Trial mode and now it has fully downloaded and installed. I have noticed other games when downloading and then says Ready To Play before being completely downloaded gives a message saying that all functions in the game may not work. So I'm wondering if this may have been the problem in the beginning besides some inexperience of an Xbox novice user. Thanks everyone for your input and will see how the Hori wheel goes in other games. Grid looks to be a great game.

Archived